PDA

View Full Version : Concerts!

Tokki Wartooth
03-13-2004, 01:42 AM
What's the last concert you went to? What concerts are you looking forward to? What really good concerts have you gone to?

I went to Flashlight Brown last night, I'm looking forward to Not By Choice tomorrow :D and in '99 I went to a pretty awesome I Mother Earth concert (it was my first one, actually).

PeTeRL90
03-13-2004, 01:46 AM
The last one I went to was back in September. It featured Spineshank, 40 Below Summer, Ill Nino, and Skrape. It was a blast.

White Raven
03-13-2004, 02:07 AM
I saw 'I Mother Earth' at my Frosh week here....but the latest one was 'The Trews' down at a pub in my home town.

TheAbominatrix
03-13-2004, 11:38 AM
I just got back from seeing Funeral Dress, Endless Struggle, Total Chaos, Resist and Exist, and The Lab Rats.

Soon I'll be seeing The Weirdos, The Skulls, The Willowz, Narcoleptic Youth and the following at Coachella; Radiohead, The Pixies, Kraftwerk, Wilco, The (International) Noise Conspiracy, Sparta, Desert Sessions, Laurent Garnier, Hieroglyphics, The Rapture, Stereolab, And you will know us by The Trail of Dead, Peretz, Death Cab for Cutie, Kinky, LCD Soundsystem, Living Legends, Seb Fontaine, Sander Kleinenberg, The Black Keys, The Sounds, Howie Day, Junior Senior, Mark Farina, Moving Units, Sahara Hotnights, Electric Six, The Stills, Da Lata, Juana Molina, Phantom Planet, Mindless Self Indulgence, Dios, Q and not U, Stellastar, Savath & Savalas, Erase Errata. The Section Quartet, DJ Icon

That's a lotta bands...

Skogs
03-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Just saw Powderfinger at the Birminham Academy 2. I was a tiny venue, too. The band was great (support sucked, though). Unfortunately, a seven foot tall (no exaggeration) man-mountain decided that right in front of me would be a good place to stand, so my view was somewhat impaired for some of the gig.

Jewels
03-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Just went to the Edgefest concert the other night. It was really good *nods*

Best performances there: Yellowcard, Zed, Elemeno P, Blindspott, Alien Ant Farm and Pacifier.

Breine
03-14-2004, 10:48 AM
The last concert I was to was with a danish band called Swan Lee, and it was last summer. Although it is a long time ago I still remember what a great performance it was. The band is really great, and hopefully I'll se more concerts with them.

One of the greatest concerts I've been to is Michael Jackson's HIStory tour. That was really something!

eestlinc
03-14-2004, 05:44 PM
last concert I saw was Interpol, which was quite good. I think Stereolab will be better when I see them in April, though.

escobert
03-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Last oen I went to was lost city angles, Homegrown, and The Real Big Fish. it was fun.

Lindy
03-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
And you will know us by The Trail of Dead (...) Death Cab for Cutie

I lust, oh how I lust.

Also, Sparta suck and The Mars Volta are far superior.

I've seen them live twice, and then Feeder, Hell Is For Heroes, Hundred Reasons and Ok Go all once each.

IGN64skanker
03-15-2004, 12:43 AM
Man, I want to go to Coachella so bad, but it is just too damned expensive. Actually, I only REALLY want to see Cursive, and I'm seeing them later in May so it's all good. Hopefully I'll be going to the Bled and Hope Conspiracy at Showcase later this week. I don't have too many shows lined up right now... Cursive May 24th and 25th, RxB May 3, Tiger Army April 16. Good times coming up, though. We'll see how it goes.

TheAbominatrix
03-15-2004, 12:50 AM
I'm only going to Coachella because a ticket was bought for me. Yay lucky me.

The Tiger Army show, is it the Glass House punk vs. rockabilly show? If so, I'm going. I really wanna see The Business.

escobert
03-15-2004, 01:25 AM
I went to warped tour last year also. But, I missed AFI :(

IGN64skanker
03-15-2004, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
I'm only going to Coachella because a ticket was bought for me. Yay lucky me.

The Tiger Army show, is it the Glass House punk vs. rockabilly show? If so, I'm going. I really wanna see The Business.

You are very lucky. I'm not going to the one at the Glasshouse, but it is the Punks Vs. Psychos Tour. Mine is at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz, CA.

Shlup
03-15-2004, 05:34 AM
The last concert I went to was probably Division G6 playing in the Showcase Showdown finals. I always like their shows.

Other than my boyfriend's band I don't go to very many concerts. I don't like crowds. I did have fun when BJ and I saw The Real Mckenzies, F-Minus, NOFX, and Rancid for our first anniversary a couple years ago though.