PDA

View Full Version : favourite move?

d20{fx}
03-13-2004, 03:07 AM
i was just wondering what everyones favourite ability/spell was.
Any reason will do.
e.g.looked cool

Mo-Nercy
03-13-2004, 08:57 AM
e.g.looked cool
I think you mean, i.e. looked cool.

But anywayz. In terms of looking cool, I thought Doomtrain's animation was pretty sweet and Cerberus'

I also liked Wishing Star. And Angel Wing.

P8
03-13-2004, 03:34 PM
I think Demi to be one of the funniest spells. Makes me laugh every time^^
oh, btw, this is my first post:P

Del Murder
03-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Selphie's Full-Cure! Has saved my ass many a time.

DJZen
03-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Any move that involves the gun-blade makes me intruiged.

Psychotic
03-13-2004, 07:29 PM
The End.

'nuff sed.

Big D
03-13-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Mo-Nercył
I think you mean, i.e. looked cool.
Nope! E.g. = exempli gratia, "for example".
I.e. = id est = "that is".

In this case, 'e.g.' is the appropriate term.

Anyway...

The End is entertaining, especially when it's used against a large and menacing opponent; ChocoFire is noteworthy for being laughable yet cute; and for reasons that are quite beyond me, I've always been fond of Jumbo Cactuar's "Ker Plunk" move.

d20{fx}
03-14-2004, 03:07 AM
In this case, 'e.g.' is the appropriate term

ah hah!justified.

by the way my fav move is and always will be DEMI.

Breine
03-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Psychotic
The End.

'nuff sed.

Yeah, I love that one :D

Axamenta
03-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Doom is pretty cool. Instant death and all.

celtcknight
03-17-2004, 07:58 PM
justified...ha! also

I like the greiver summoning, not exactly a spell, but sort of a move, all that dripping magic from the orb, such awe

and gravija, and mealstrom, and shokwave pulsar, oah and theres that move by ultimecia+griever where if you dont attack for awhile, they pull jupiter, neptune, Pluto and a fat asteroid all in on you. I wonder how many other kickass moves i didnt see because i was too leveled up???

SeeDRankLou
03-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Chocobucle is pretty funny.
I like the animation for Shockwave Pulsar.
The End and Devour are ironically anti-climatic for what they do. Devour was hilarious the first time I watched it.
And the summon for Diablos is just cool.

Big D
03-17-2004, 10:20 PM
The best of in the entire game is used by wendigoes, greensih humanoid monsters found around the hills of Timber and Galbadia. The move is "shoot", where the wendigo picks up a member of the party, compresses him or her into a sphere, and then throws the character like a basketball (or blitzball) into the other two party members, causing heavy damage to all. The bouncy, rounded character then expands to their original size, looking rather hurt.

FinalDreamer
03-18-2004, 02:02 AM
i like seifers no mercy ,maelstorm and hmmm shockwave pulsar ..

eninen525
03-23-2004, 06:40 AM
my favorite is angel wing for being my strongest attack. i remember before i got lionheart i would hear a lot about it being so good and 'the best limit break' and when i finally saw it the first time i was like :whoa: :whoa: :whoa: for about a whole minute. it was used on bahamut at the deep sea research center. id say lionheart looks the coolest, and wishing star is prettie cool too. zell's limit breaks are nice to watch too

celtcknight
04-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Great Attractor!!!

thats what its called

SpiritWolf
04-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Selphies Full Cure and Like Del Said it has saved my butt many times.

Lord Xehanort
04-06-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Big D
Nope! E.g. = exempli gratia, "for example".
I.e. = id est = "that is".

In this case, 'e.g.' is the appropriate term.

I was always told that 'i.e.' meant 'in example'. LIES! *runs away crying and clutching an Ansem plushie*

Anyway, the coolest move was Seifer's Cross move. (I forget the name)

Kami
04-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Favorite spell: auro and maybe meltdown
Favorite ability: Wishing star and LionHeart

Polaris
04-07-2004, 11:13 AM
When I am at Ultimecia, I'm always with Squall, Quistis and Rinoa because I've never found "The end" of Selphie!

Lion Heart and Mighty Guard have saved a lot and lot of times!

And "Wishing star" and "invencible moon", it's really great! :blush: :p

Danger
04-08-2004, 06:56 AM
Hmmmmm. I'm a fan of Lionheart, however the Bahamut summons are always a close second. I think I'd like the Eden summon too if I knew what the "insert appropriate word here" was going on. Oh yeah, Odins cool too (a bit annoying if playing a low level game though).

Polaris
04-08-2004, 01:27 PM
I've found Eden (Vividaris), in the Ultimecias castle, unfortunatly, I don't use her to fight against Ultimecia, I prefer the Limit Break.

Selphie - Wall and Full-Cure.

Irvine and Zells limits breaks are awfull!
Edeas limit break is okay... :mog: :eek: ;) :p :cool: :D

James Latimer Cockney Rebel
04-08-2004, 11:24 PM
If only Zell could do the little dude's SUPER MIRACLE KICK. He'd be so much better.

admat97
04-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Lion Heart and Mighty Guard have saved a lot and lot of times!
And "Wishing star" and "invencible moon", it's really great! :blush: :p

I think Lion Heart is awesome. Theres nothing better than watching a cute guy with a sword go berserk and kill something by thrusting and slashing over and over and over! Then, just when you think its over, this homicidal guy thrusts, jumps and slashes one more time for a finishing blow!! Makes my heart skip!! :love:

Heath
04-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Edea's icicles from that wonderful FMV...

... For spells, I like meltdown and Aero. Aero just looks good to me... plus you can boost your stats up early in the game with Wind Shears (With Queztacotl's T-Magic Refine, 1 Wind Shear = 20 Aeros. And I believe you get one after every single fight of that bird monster in the area around Deling City. I can't remembre the name of it right now).

Marvelous-Shiva
05-28-2004, 07:07 AM
I think that The End and Rapture are by far the best thing that's ever happened to me.. I mean...I know I shouldn't have been doing this and all but I just kept either Selphie or Quistis on my team in order to get my characters to level 100 asap by using their limit breaks to kill Elenoyl (if that is how u spell it). It made a quick and easy kill not to mention that u still get all the ap and exp.

System Id
05-28-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm a big fan of anything comical, so I'll have to go with Devour as my favorite. I thought Doomtrain was pretty cool too, just because the whole concept of a killer train GF was so ridiculous.

Az Lionheart
05-28-2004, 06:03 PM
lionheart, the end, eden and deablos they are all cool and look cool

lonely
05-28-2004, 08:58 PM
Hmmm......I've always liked when Ultimecia uses Hells Judgement, it's cool. :moomba: and Diablos was awsom. I liked Angel Wing aswell. And my all time favourite effect is at the end of disk 1 when there's that FMV of Edea throwing an ice beam at him, I think it was her limit break. :mog:

Ultima Shadow
05-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Apocalypse. :D

Peegee
05-29-2004, 12:54 AM
I haven't seen apoc in a while so I don't rememeber...doesn't it look a bit like ultima?

I like moves based on what situation:

-lionheart: done on Pupu, it is hilarious. Also when you fight ultima weapon, doing Renzokuken results in Squall running towards ultima from a side-angle (and he runs a pretty far distance in comparison to other battles), which is cool.

-Eden: just looks cool. What is Eden, a garden?

-Irvine: his break limit and his wacky shooting poses :D

The rest....I don't remember/care :p

Angel Wing
06-13-2004, 02:37 PM
I thought the coolest ability was The End. Hey wasn't that place where Squall and Rinoa made the promise? Probably not but, I also liked Rinoa's Angel Wing as well.

Although everyone's limit breaks in FFVIII held impressing detail, Selphie got to be one of my main people for fighting because her limit break Slot beats the rest to the ground! ^^"

Lehteb
06-14-2004, 04:12 AM
Yeah, that is Edea's limit break, she uses it when she is in your party when you are looking for Esthar. :choc:

Seifer's Fire Cross is the coolest attack, but Bahamut had the coolest looking attack... it was freakin awesome :choc: :choc: :choc: