PDA

View Full Version : Help with ZSNESW

Agent Proto
03-13-2004, 03:23 AM
Ok, I have a problem. I don't know if it can be solved, but here goes. My ZSNESW hasn't been saving my game properly. Whenever I save a game in-game, like for instance on Super Mario RPG. I turn off the Zsnesw. Then I start playing again. I load up my ROM and I check to see my game, and oh no. My saved game from last time I played is not up-to-date from my last saved game. ><

Well, anyway, I had the ROM on my last HD before it went kaput on me. I had to save the ROMs from the old HD to my new HD, so I have that, but I don't know if I can save games when I start playing again. :(

Anyway, does anyone know how to fix it?

Shoyku
03-13-2004, 03:30 AM
Go look into the properties of your saved game files, if "Read-only" is checked, uncheck it.

crono_logical
03-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Also upgrade to the latest version of the emulator - it might be a bug fixed in a later version.

With ZSNES, I'd delete the .ini/config files it uses as well, and restart/reconfigure the emulator from scratch, since it stores stuff about where to save etc., and since you moved drive, it might be trying to save somewhere were it no longer can.

Eabling SRAM Check+Save in options is also a good idea, as it forces the emulator to save to disk a few secnds after you save in game, instead of when you change ROM or something, so helps if the emulator crashes or something. :p

Lon611
08-29-2004, 06:28 AM
its simpler than that. instead of saving "in-game" click file, or whatever the first menu is, and click save state. then when u turn it off, it won't be lost. then when you wanna play again, just click load state. it helps especially for RPG's, cuz unlike in ff, you don't have to look for a damn save point.that should be better. iuno if adressing the right problm, but just try it, i think itl help.

Yamaneko
08-29-2004, 06:41 AM
This is kind of an old thread. Please try not to revive old topics. Thanks. :)