PDA

View Full Version : Name Me This Anime Film!

Meow
03-13-2004, 06:16 AM
Once upon a time, when i was a young lad, i ventured by some sort of chance across an anime movie whose name and specifics i can't remember for the life of me. For a while i assumed it was <i>Ghost in the Shell</i>, but i watched that just tonight and discovered otherwise. And now i simply must know what exactly this movie from my early past <i>was</i>.

i think it was a movie, anyway. As i remember, its setting was somewhere in the future, probably your usual gritty cyberpunk scenario. At any rate, it's become standard practice that folks recieve cybernetic implants or become primarily cyborg or somehow "augment" themselves robotically at a young age. Enter our main character, a child who's about to be sent off for this procedure but, in the name of movie-creating conflict, doesn't want to go. i'm pretty sure most of the movie is about his evasion of the authorities and other such folk who'd like him to follow suit and turn all robot, but i just don't remember.

One image, however, burnt itself onto my mind, and i think it's the primary reason i've remembered this flick for all these years. At some point, i'm pretty sure our young hero meets this female cyborg who decides to help him in his plight, but in the process somehow ends up killed or deactivated or otherwise screwed up from the experience. And as the movie leaves her behind, the camera pans slowly back from her rusted frame sitting against a large pole. i almost want to say it's an industrial catwalk thing, but in any event it's some sort of futuristic structural cylinder jazz. i remember it being a powerful image, and hopefully sits in the mind of at least one other soul who's both at this board and has seen this movie.

i also remember some other, fuzzier shots that i'm pretty sure are from the same film. Near its end, during what i want to say is a big battle, there's a cut cut of some important guy being nicked on the side of the face with a passing bullet. And somewhere more near the middle (maybe?), there's a scene involving the boy's... mother, perhaps, i don't know... in a shower. But then, these two images are more definitive of anime as a whole than of any particular movie.

Hmm. Can anyone help me out? What could cursed flick be? Even suggestions would help me narrow it down.

black orb
03-13-2004, 06:52 AM
>>> Im not sure, maybe is "Black Magic M66", is from the same guy that made Ghost in the shell and have a female Cyborg too...

Meow
03-14-2004, 05:50 AM
i noticed that one on an anime summary site, but it's about a reporter trying to track down some cyborg killing machine. :( No dice.

eestlinc
03-14-2004, 05:53 AM
Felix the Cat

Nait
03-14-2004, 10:51 AM
That sounds kinda like a reverse Galaxy Express 999, where a boy in a dystopian future wants to become "mechanic", and, by the grace of some strange fate and prolly some shady organization, gets a train ticket on the GE to a world where people are mechanised for free. It's a series, though, and I saw only the first few episodes on a video when I was a kid. I'd say it's a 70's anime, maybe early 80's.
Things in it:

A woman who is probably a mechanic, who gives the boy a ticket and accompanies him.
Oh, and there was a shower scene too.

Mikztsu
03-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Crusader Rabbit.

Spatvark
03-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Nait, that sounds completely the opposite of what he's describing the film =S

Nait
03-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Spatvark
Nait, that sounds completely the opposite of what he's describing the film =S

"kinda like a reverse". >:O

Spatvark
03-15-2004, 08:09 PM

*shoots self in head for being such a 'tard*

Bahamut2000X
03-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Was a lot of the movie based on the kid with a very large hat and poncho? Also was there a train that flew in outer space and all that weird anime stuff?