PDA

View Full Version : Recording questions

Erdrick Holmes
03-13-2004, 10:36 PM
I plan on making a few videos usig footage from Megaman X6 and Capcom Vs SNK Pro for playstation. I just need to find a way to record anything on my monitor as MPEG or avi or some other video footage. Any ideas?

Peegee
03-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi.

You need a video capture card. They are usually cheap (like 20$ if even that much for the cheapest?) from what I heard, and that was years ago. Plug the input thingie into the card, and load up a video capture program. Load up virtualdub and choose capture avi.

The rest I cannot really guide you through step-by-step as my video capture stuff is elsewhere. Basically you record what you need, then choose the codecs to encode the stuff into an avi. Now comes the stupid part of splicing the avis together. Take the 2nd last one and splice it with the last one. Take the 3rd last and splice it with the file you last made. Repeat the last sentence, subtracting one from the 'Xth file' until you have the entire clip done.

Note: maybe virtualdub will ask you for codecs to save the file as whatever. Whatever.