PDA

View Full Version : warrior dresssphere

Sephiroth2088
03-14-2004, 12:55 AM
Ok I need to know something. The warrior dressphere is all that I have used so far in the game. I have found the other dresspears just arn't good enough. Are these other dresspheres practical to use or not?

Xander
03-14-2004, 03:10 AM
Do you mean you've only had all three characters as warriors?

If you do, then I'd say yes some of the other dress-spheres are practical to use. For example I'd certainly use a black mage and white mage at the least, because you'll need someone to cast magic (for those enemies who aren't harmed/harmed much by physical damage) and you'll also find it very useful having someone to cast stuff like Curaga and Life, not to mention other White Mage spells.

Gun Mage is another useful sphere to use as you can learn Scan and it's better than gunner.

Personally I've assigned two main dressspheres to each of my characters, and am having them learn those. Paine is Warrior/Gun Mage, Rikku is Thief/Black Mage, and Yuna is Gunner/White Mage.

The only thing I'm not really bothering with, at the moment at least, is Songstress. But you will definately need Black Mage/White Mage at some point. Thief is useful for stuff like Pilfer MP especially if using the same character as a mage as well.

Basically, all the dress spheres have different skills and abilities, warrior just has physical attack stuff, and you'll need magic as well as this, if not anything else. You will need to use different dress spheres depending on your situation. It's not practical to use warrior all the time for everybody.

Vermachtnis
03-14-2004, 04:02 AM
What you need to get is the Drk. Knight. The best class of the game. Darkness rules all. Plus, they statusproof of most stuff. Drk. Knight gets Break and Bio. There str. gets pretty high too. Back them up with Wht. Mage to keep the HP up to cast more Darkness and Gun Mage so you know what status magic it isn't immune to.

Kupo
03-14-2004, 01:19 PM
I had all three of mine eventually master songstress just so I could get a kick out of hearing them sing--- especially when Paine would say "I hate this dressphere" before executing the command. But I do think all the other ones are worthwhile.
I actually end up using the Lady Luck sphere a lot, too-- granted the attacks aren't the most powerful, but I've seen weaker ones with other dresspheres-- but the double EXP is awesome for leveling your characters up for later chapters, especially if you wanna go to Bevelle in Chapter 5. Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yeah, I think they pretty much all have some bonus, the attacks are pretty cool and some are even funny. It's worth it. :moggie:

Sephiroth2088
03-14-2004, 04:40 PM
Yeah I kinda missed the dark knight dresshere in Bevelle, where was it anyway? yeah right now I am using Yuna as gunner, rikku as white mage, and Paine as Warrior. Having just killed Ixion I think it's a better than 3 warriors because I nearly died fighter Ifrit with 3 warriors.

jochirin
03-15-2004, 07:59 AM
i have finished the game and im in chapter 5 again and i havent used white mage nor black mage even once
(my point you dont NEED to use anything to finish the game)
thoug i doubt using three songstreses will cary you throug the game. second time throug the game i recomend using three lady luck for double exp. this will make it esier to come to chapter five fast.

Sacred Phoenix
03-19-2004, 04:44 AM
I find that using the alchamist is best for healing, berserker because of Mad Rush and Eject (if on higher level) and dark Knight for physical attacks works best. Ive heard wonderful thing about the Mascot Dressphere but haven't gotten that yet. But if you are starting out, then i started with white mage, warrior and gunner.

Linus J
03-19-2004, 11:47 PM
so far I'm using:
Yuna as a songstress/gunner. Songstress is great for boosting stats and inflicting status ailments, matadors song and darkness is a great combo against the Ronso for example. And then Gunner because it's easy to boost other characters damage using trigger (chain)

Rikku as a white/black mage and sometimes thief. The 2 mages in one works great because I can use accesories to boost magic on this one, and strength or something else on the others.

Paine: Warrior/Dark knight. Weaken enemies or using elemental stuff with warrior, and high damage to one or many target using dark knight.

This works great for me. Yojimbo should be really hard if you're not using alchemist/white mage, that damned zantetsu..

zacks_clone
03-21-2004, 01:48 PM
In chapter 5,there is a peice in the desert you will need to complete if going for 100 percent. You WILL need to have darknight, on two characters.You WILL need alchemist,to toss megapotions every round.I dont know of any better way to get through the game.Those are the two desspheres I use,and the only two

TheSpoonyBard
03-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Those are the two desspheres I use,and the only two
What do you use up untill you get the Dark Knight and Alchemist spheres?

Sefie1999AD
03-21-2004, 10:31 PM
I could manage well with only a couple of classes. In the beginning, I used Gunner, Thief and Warrior. If there was a hard battle against a tougher fiend, I usually changed someone into Songstress to cast Darkness Dance and had the other characters attack as Warriors.

Later I used Gunner, Gun Mage and Warrior, but I think a group of Gunner, White Mage and Warrior would have given me better results. I was using Heart Reborn to give me some healing spells and I had a lot of healing items, so I didn't have much problems, though. As for black magic, I hardly ever used it.

When I got Dark Knight and Alchemist dresspheres, I changed to them very quickly. My final team was Gunner, Alchemist and Dark Knight. Trigger Happy, Darkness and Stash Mega-Potions were everything that the party needed, really, and Dark Knight was nicely immune to most status ailments.

Skogs
03-23-2004, 12:19 AM
I've just started chapter 3. Yuna and Paine have mastered their defaut Dressphere's and Rikku's nearly mastered hers. I'm setting Yuna up to be an uber-mage with black and white mage. Paine is working on the trainer sphere, because it seems to be an excellent all-round class. Rikku steals a lot of nifty stuff with Master Thief and Sticky fingers, but I'm also working on the Alchemist sphere as well. I missed Dark Knight and I'm not up to the point where I can go back and get it, yet. I haven't really tried the Berserker and Lady Luck ones yet because I just got them. The only dressphere I don't use is Songstress, but I'm not that impressed with Gun Mage either.