PDA

View Full Version : Animal Abuse

Thunday Man
03-14-2004, 01:17 AM
Have you ever seen a person hit or abuse an animal? Well yesterday, I did. My friend hit his cat in the face. They claim its the most evil and mean cat, but its because he does so much bad things to it. It liked me, because I was nice to it. But it wouldnt even go near my friend, the owner of the cat. Later it was on the dresser, and he just smacked it off. I got pretty mad at him, and yelled at him, but he didnt care. We almost got in a fight. The cat can't fight back, and it didnt do anything to him, so whats it going to do? Nothing, it cant. I found it very lame, very stupid and very inhumane that he does this. I cant beleive my friend would ever do this.

Have you ever witnessed it? If so, what did you do.

Linus
03-14-2004, 01:19 AM
I do hit my cat on the butt if it does something I don't want it to do. That's discipline though. I don't hit the cat every time I see it.

TheAbominatrix
03-14-2004, 01:34 AM
I've always reported animal abuse to local authorities, ASPCA and all that. Usually they dont do much. It makes me sick the way people abuse animals, I dont understand the kick they get out of it. I live in the sort of neighborhood where it goes on a lot.

Enoki
03-14-2004, 01:40 AM
Cats r teh cool. Dont be mean to the kitties! It makes me angry! :hot:

Tokki Wartooth
03-14-2004, 01:57 AM
There a lot of traits I don't like in people, but the only one I refuse to tolerate in anyone I know is cruelty to animals. Abuse to animals is a sign of a truly evil person imo.

Erdrick Holmes
03-14-2004, 02:02 AM
My mom once picked up my cat and threw her accross the room because she was sitting on the kitchen table.

Belethdolien
03-14-2004, 02:09 AM
i have seen lots of people treating their animals bad... the worst thing was a guy that locked his horse in a small room, and didnt clean out or anything... it looked like a mess,a dn the horse was really skinny... i was there with my own horse, and when i found out it was about time to leave, the guy who owned the horse came.. he sent his dog after me. a dobberman. it ran after my horse for 3 km or sumthin.. later, i got to know that the guy isnt allowed to have any animals, because last time he had a horse, he shot it in its legs, so it dies, slowly and painfull, for no reason...

Psychotic
03-14-2004, 02:09 AM
My brother and his jerk of a friend once played ping pong with my hamster, when I was like, 7.

They smacked him into the net and he just curled up, not moving, and then they claimed he was faking it. It really did suck.

Shlup
03-14-2004, 02:17 AM
When I was in elementary school my babysitter had a horrible husband, who she eventually divorced. He would entertain his son by picking up his daughters cat and hurling it against a wall (the boy didn't enjoy it, but at ate six didn't say anything to his daddy). I only saw him do it once and I believe I started crying for my mommy.

The closest thing to animal abuse I've done is flick my bunny on the nose when he bit me. Just lightly, since they have sensative noses. Its how you train rabbits not to bite, and after only a couple of times he never bit anyone again that I know of. I miss my bunny. ;_;

DocFrance
03-14-2004, 03:28 AM
People who abuse dogs should be publically executed.

PeTeRL90
03-14-2004, 03:30 AM
Well, I really didn't witness it, but last year, two kids tied up a Pitbull to a lamp-post and set it on fire. It was everywhere in the paper, and I kept telling myself "Anybody who is that sick doesn't deserve to live."

But the good thing is that the dog survived. I'm not sure how, but it did.

fire_of_avalon
03-14-2004, 04:21 AM
A few years back, these guys tied fireworks to this tiny little dog and set them off. Since it was so publicized they got more jail time than usual and the dog was adopted after all the surgery it went through. I hope someone sets those guys on fire.

Rye
03-14-2004, 04:21 PM
Animal abuse is pointless and sick. The kind of people who abuse animals grow up raping little girls then killing people. :(

Evelia
03-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Animal abuse is horrible. When I was eleven or so (I feel absolutely HORRIBLE about this) I kicked my cat because he bit me. I didn't have shoes on, and it wasn't that hard, but I still feel really bad about it. I would never, ever hurt an animal. :(

Fuzakeru
03-14-2004, 05:40 PM
Animal abuse is a major peeve of mine. I have a black lab named "Thunder" and I love him to death. Even though people tend to laugh at me for it I honestly consider him my equal. ( But I don't make him wear sweaters and feed him steaks . . . that's just creepy. )
It saddens me to think of ever hurting him. When he does something wrong I just over exaggerate my voice and yell a lot. He gets the point. However, when he was a pup I did swat him on the behind with a newspaper.

. . . there is a point where it's ridiculous though. Namely - PETA. They tend to overract over things that are just ridiculous.

Has anyone ever watched that show on Animal Planet with the cops going around and saving neglected and mistreated animals? . . . that shows makes me cry sometimes. :(

Evelia
03-14-2004, 06:05 PM
I can't even watch Animal Planet except for "Planet's Funniest Animals." It's too sad.

Dr Unne
03-14-2004, 06:15 PM
I tend to care more when people abuse people. That happens pretty often too, and there's enough of that to worry about that I tend not to waste my time worrying about the animals of the world. Animals < people.

I don't hurt animals though, and I don't like it when I see it. I don't like people who do it. I can't even step on bugs, I have to catch them and release them out the window. People who hurt animals out of ignorance are pretty bad, but people who do it for fun are just depraved. If you find joy in inflicting pain on someone or something innocent, there's something mentally wrong with you.

Rye
03-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Has anyone ever watched that show on Animal Planet with the cops going around and saving neglected and mistreated animals? . . . that shows makes me cry sometimes.

Same here. It's horrible to see the poor creatures all hurt with cuts or mange. :(

Thunday Man
03-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
The closest thing to animal abuse I've done is flick my bunny on the nose when he bit me. Just lightly, since they have sensative noses. Its how you train rabbits not to bite, and after only a couple of times he never bit anyone again that I know of. I miss my bunny. ;_;

Same, I have trained my bunny not to bite like that. I just tap her on the nose, and she stops. I dont hit her hard, but it gets the point across to her. Its just a light tap for training.

Originally posted by DocFrance
People who abuse dogs should be publically executed.

Not dogs, all animals. The only time id hurt one is in self defence

War Angel
03-14-2004, 09:03 PM
I don't like it when people hurt animals, because it's harming those who are weak and defenceless. People who pick on others, or rape, are also the same people who abuse animals. It's all goes down to the same bully-esque personality type, the sadist.