PDA

View Full Version : ncaa mens basketball tournament

eestlinc
03-14-2004, 05:44 AM
well, the field is announced tomorrow. who cares? who roots for whom? where do you think your team will be ranked?

i am a Cincinnati alumnus so I root for them. They should be a 3 seed, I think.

Dingo Jellybean
03-14-2004, 07:01 AM
3 weeks ago I said Maryland didn't deserve an NCAA bid.

Now I think if they win tomorrow, they should get a 4 seed. If they lose, a 6th seed is in store for them.

I never would've thought Maryland would come back from 21 points down to win it...it was such a great game.

But I still think Duke will win tomorrow.

As for national champion...I think Kentucky will win it...it seems like they take the SEC every year but make a deep run and come up short. It's their year for sure...if not...maybe Duke or UConn.

eestlinc
03-14-2004, 07:32 AM
Stanford is probably the best team, but any number of other teams could win it too. Oklahoma State, Gonzaga, Kentucky, Duke, Pittsburgh, St Josephs. maybe Cincinnati. they seem to have gotten themselves back together finally.

Dingo Jellybean
03-14-2004, 08:30 AM
My predictions for the number 1 seeds are:

Stanford, Duke, Kentucky, and St.Joseph's.

St. Joe's is a tough pick because they got blown out. If Pitt had won the Big East tournament, I would've put Pitt in the East region, with Duke in the south, put Stanford in the West and put Kentucky in the Southwest bracket.

Spuuky
03-14-2004, 08:47 AM
You people neglect Connecticut.

Dingo Jellybean
03-14-2004, 09:11 AM
No we didn't...they won't get a number 1 seed because of their number of losses.

UConn should get a #2 seed, but no way should they get a #1 seed because they don't deserve it. They have a #1 seed talent, but not #1 seed credentials. Though I still think Emeka Okafor is the best player in the country and should win the AP Player of the year award.

eestlinc
03-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Oklahoma State will get a 1 seed over St Joe's if they beat Texas today. UConn won't win anything with Okafor injured.

Strider
03-14-2004, 08:26 PM
I'd like to see if Fresno State could make it, but after bein' bounced by Boise State in the first round. . . probably not happenin'.

I'd like to propose setting up a bracket-filling competition, to see which of us is the most psychic.

DocFrance
03-14-2004, 08:31 PM
GO AIR FORCE!!!

Todie
03-14-2004, 09:48 PM
Go Maryland
Go Cincinnati

oh yeah, and

GO AIR FORCE!:D

Dingo Jellybean
03-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah...the campus at Maryland is going to be crazy tomorrow. I just hope they don't horde all over the Comcast Center otherwise I'll have to park somewhere else.

I was shocked Maryland won...it's almost like the same thing Duke did to us a few years ago winning in OT after being down 10 points with like a minute to go...it was so heart breaking. Maryland should get about a 6th or 7th seed for this, but no higher than 4. 5 maybe, 4 is kinda pushing it...but not anything higher. Duke still should get a #1 seed for winning the toughest conference during the regular season.

eestlinc
03-15-2004, 05:32 AM
Cincy got a sweet bracket I think. They should be able to get to the sweet 16 and face Duke. I'm glad they didnt end up facing North Carolina or some underseeded team like that. What about Louisville as a 10 seed? They could be in the sweet 16 too.

Dingo Jellybean
03-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Louisville is a potential Elite 8 team.

I think Maryland should at least get to the Sweet 16. I don't see Syracuse as a problem since they haven't been too consistent all year. Wisconsin was snubbed a higher seed, they should've been 4th, probably take Maryland's 4th seed and have Maryland be a 6th seed. Though I'm a huge fan of Maryland(hell, I go attend MD), I think they were overseeded. Anyone in chat can attest that I predicted Maryland would not get higher than a 4, but no lower than a 7. I was expecting a 7th or 6th seed for them...but I guess the committee rated the conference extremely highly(for good reason, since the Top 16 seeds had 5 ACC teams).

I still predict UConn or Kentucky winning it. You should join Strider's bracket competition...I'll be smiling when I whoop you guys with my perfect bracket. :D