PDA

View Full Version : Monitor issues with a laptop

-N-
03-14-2004, 06:35 PM
Ok, I have a HP pavillion ze4300 and there are spells where my monitor flickers on and off (like right now, making this typing slightly difficult). It flickers between full brightness and minimal brightness, so even when it flickers off I can barely see the screen. Regardless, it shouldn't be doing this in the first place. I called HP support and they said it may be a driver issue, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the monitor drivers, but the problem persists. I suspect a loose connection inside the computer, but I really hope that's not the case because otherwise I can't fix it myself. Any other ideas?

crono_logical
03-14-2004, 07:14 PM
Test with a friend's monitor or something - if it does the same, then yeah, it'll probably be the connector on the laptop that's faulty. Make sure it is plugged in fully though and screwed in :p How old is the monitor? It could be the monitor that's faulty, which was the case with my dad's old monitor, and will be likely if some other monitor works fine with your laptop.

I fail to see how a driver problem can cause this in any case :p

-N-
03-14-2004, 07:40 PM
The monitor in question is actually the laptop monitor itself. I'll try it with an external monitor though. The problem is that it is really unpredictable, so when I was writing the first post, it was flickering like crazy, but now it works just fine.

crono_logical
03-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Oh, the flatpanel LCD screen itself? I assumed you meant an external one :p In which case, that doesn't sound good at all, and I'd suggest sending the laptop off for maintenance :p

-N-
03-16-2004, 03:24 AM
Yeah - I tried installing new drivers and everything for it, but it still flickers. Dammit...