PDA

View Full Version : MSN Sound problems

Xander
03-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Well, I had the sounds on my MSN turned off for ages, but now I decided I wanted them back so I can customise them, but they won't play! I have the box ticked that says play sounds, and I have tested that sounds are defined for each event which they are.

But still nothing plays. My sounds on YIM and AIM still play, so why isn't MSN playing them =( I just tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but they still don't work. Please help!

Rainecloud
03-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Have you just ticked the box in MSN, or have you actually gone into your Windows Control Panel to configure the sounds manually? Although MSN does have an interface for defining sounds and whatnot, you do have to use the inbuilt Windows utility in order to make these sounds work. Perhaps you've already done this (although your post gives no evidence of this). If not, then follow these easy steps:

I) Open your control panel.
II) Go to 'Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices'.
III) Click on 'Change the Sound Scheme'.
IV) Scroll right to the bottom of the menu that appears.
V) See that section for 'Windows Messenger?' Use it.

Like I said, you might have already done this, in which case, I have no help to give you.

Xander
03-15-2004, 10:50 PM
I did that, and still no luck. It won't even play the default sounds, it won't play sounds AT ALL. *hits head against wall*.

Thanks anyway, Raine.