PDA

View Full Version : KH sells 4 million copies

Jalbrean
03-18-2004, 01:38 AM
Well, because there's no Chain of memories news, or KH II info to chat about. I saw this posted today at a gamesite.

March 17, 2004 - In a dual announcement made today by Disney Interactive and Square Enix, it was revealed that 2002's action/RPG Kingdom Hearts has shipped more than four million units worldwide. Two million of which have been in North America alone, with the 1.23 million in Japan and 820,000 units in Europe.

"Kingdom Hearts continues to capture the imagination of gamers and proves to be a must-have title for PlayStation 2 fans around the world," said Graham Hopper, SVP and General Manager, Buena Vista Games. "We would like to congratulate the entire Kingdom Hearts team on yet another impressive milestone."

"The unique blend of Disney characters and worlds in a Square Enix style gameplay seen in Kingdom Hearts resulted in one remarkable game. We couldn't be happier with the results," said Jun Iwasaki, president and CEO, Square Enix U.S.A., Inc.

This shipping announcement comes just two months before its sequel Kingdom Hearts II is expected to make its North American debut at the 2004 Electronic Entertainment Expo. Whether or not it will, remains to be seen. But based with the announcement that Square Enix and Disney Interactive (Buena Vista Games) has made today, it tends to make us think that it's reminding the public of Kingdom Hearts for a reason.

We'll keep you updated as more develops.

We love it more then the Japanese, and they got Final Mix -grumblecomplainwhine-

DJZen
03-18-2004, 03:43 AM
Maybe that's why it sold better here, unless they're counting sales of Final Mix. Oh well. Japan is a much smaller place and has fewer people than USA, right?

Chibi Youkai
03-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Yes, Japan has a smaller population, but still.
Anyways, Yaay! 4 million copies? That's sooo cool.

Jalbrean
03-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Well it's surprising because games like this usually sell better in Japan despite the population difference.

Kirobaito
03-19-2004, 12:42 AM
It's Disney. Disney is much more popular here than in Japan. I bet over 900,000 of those copies were sold to people that don't know what the crap Final Fantasy is.

Chibi Youkai
03-19-2004, 01:29 AM
More than likely. Sad, isn't it.

DJZen
03-19-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by King Bahamut
It's Disney. Disney is much more popular here than in Japan.

I dunno, dude, Disney's pretty popular there...

Chibi Youkai
03-19-2004, 03:44 AM
Two words. Disneyland Tokyo.

remi07
03-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by King Bahamut
I bet over 900,000 of those copies were sold to people that don't know what the crap Final Fantasy is.

That's true, i really didn't know what final fantasy was until I played KH!:p

Chibi Youkai
03-19-2004, 11:14 PM
I do wis that the they put more FFin, not just as cameos.

Advent Child
03-20-2004, 04:32 AM
Congratulations, Kingdom Hearts.

In regards to final fantasy being more involved... KH > FF. It's not going to happen.

In regards to Final Mix... I only wish Final Mix was in english because I have a skill that I have no idea what it does. if anyone knows what "Hurricane period" does... Let me know, eh?

DJZen
03-20-2004, 07:36 AM
I have no idea what it does, but the name makes me giggle just trying to imagine what it could possibly be...

DMKA
04-11-2004, 05:23 PM
LOL