PDA

View Full Version : Another "whose fault" thread

-N-
03-18-2004, 02:54 AM
A different spin, though...

Who is responsible for Cloud going nuts? The prime suspects are Cloud, Tifa, and Sephiroth.

For Cloud: He is the one who constructed this false persona business for himself. Thus, he is responsible for all its effects. QED.

For Tifa: She is the only one who could have possibly pointed out to Cloud his psychological charade. She didn't. (That's my theory behind what the voices in her head are saying when she falls in the Lifestream with Cloud in Disc II.)

For Sephiroth/Jenova/Hojo: They leave out the obvious truth: that Cloud existed before Hojo's project.

For Choco Billy: Because everyone needs to joke around sometime. :D

I think this question could even be extended to "Whose fault is it Meteor got summoned?" Since Cloud goes nuts and gives the Black Materia to Sephiroth, whoever made him go nuts indirectly caused Meteor. Personally, I think Cloud is fully responsible for Meteor (not just partially), because of all that Camusian crap.

DocFrance
03-18-2004, 03:07 AM
A combination of Zack, Tifa, and The Jenova Project.

TheAbominatrix
03-18-2004, 04:22 AM
I really dont think Tifa is too responsible for it. She could have said something, yes, but I think he was too deep in his delusions at the time. That isnt the sort of thing you can force someone out of without doing them some serious harm, perhaps permenant damage to his mind. She was there to guide him out when it was time, but I think she did right by not forcing him out.

I think Cloud was pretty much fully at fault. He let himself fall into his delusions, he constructed this deal for himself. No one else was particularily helpful at first, and some even served to further his delusions, but Cloud did it all himself.

As for meteor... eh, that seems to be more of a combination of Cloud, JENOVA, and Sephiroth. Cloud is at fault for handing over the Black Materia to Seph, but he didnt have to use it. Seph chose to use it, that's his fault.

Imperia
03-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
I really dont think Tifa is too responsible for it. She could have said something, yes, but I think he was too deep in his delusions at the time. That isnt the sort of thing you can force someone out of without doing them some serious harm, perhaps permenant damage to his mind. She was there to guide him out when it was time, but I think she did right by not forcing him out.

I agree. I never thought Tifa was at fault. Cloud was so confused, and she just couldn't tell the truth right away, until it was time.

ShadyMilkman
04-11-2004, 11:44 PM
I think the fault lies entirely on Hojo.... if he wasnt' the psycho jackass that he was... SPOILERS.......
Sorry, I forgot how to tag them. lol

Cloud and Zack wouldn't have been locked up in test tubes... Sephiroth would never have born (Now, wouldnt' that solve alot?)...Aeris wouldn't have been hunted by the Turks for so long... so many things could have been avoided if Hojo the Homo never would have decided to mess with the stuff

zacks_clone
04-11-2004, 11:58 PM
it isnt Zacks fault. He could have left Cloud to be a test tube project forever. He didnt,he saved him. Zack was the last thing Cloud saw as "Cloud" and so took on the personality of his best, and only true, friend.

It is Shinras fault, i believe. Shinra, for letting Hojo work there. Hojo for creating Sephiroth. Sephiroth for bring Zack along. Zack for taking Cloud. Cloud for hidding from Tifa. Tifa for never telling Cloud when she saw him finnaly. Sephiroth again for thinking Jenova his real mother, and Hojo for never telling his son he was the true father of Sephiroth. Jenova for having been Sephiroths madness,Sephiroth for burning the town. Cloud for not dragging Zack away while he had the chance.

Getting my point? One thing leads to another. Everything inter linked. You cant really blame one person

Stayin Dizzy
04-14-2004, 02:54 PM
thats what makes FF7 loved by millions, the storyline is complex, yet understandable. I will say clouds madness is simply due to the jenova cells, and mako in his body.

Big D
04-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Both times when Cloud actually handed over the Black Materia, he was being directly manipulated by Sephiroth, without any control over himself. He was also under the influence of Jenova's Reunion instinct, drawing him toward Sephiroth and the North Cave. Jenova's ultimately responsible, but Hojo actually performed the experiments that led Cloud down that path.

HanaKirei
04-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Ha! You're all wrong! It's none of their faults. Hojo, Sephiroth, Tifa, and even Jenova are just flashy distractions from the ones who really drove Cloud off the deep end. They're misleading you. The true culprits are none other than...

...the writers.

ShadyMilkman
04-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Oh man! You're right!! I shoulda known! It was so obvious! I'm such a failure!

DMKA
04-16-2004, 08:52 PM
I think society is to blame.

Teh_Sephiroth
04-26-2004, 07:42 AM
The White House and their taxes!

No, a combination of Tifa(slightly), Sephiroth, Zack, Jenova Project and more importantly as Hanakirei said - 'the writers' pushed him over the edge of society.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-26-2004, 07:49 AM
I think almost if not everything bad in the game is the fault of either Hojo, Shinra, or both.

Teh_Sephiroth
04-26-2004, 08:53 AM
I think almost if not everything bad in the game is the fault of either Hojo, Shinra, or both.
In one word - yes.

Del Murder
04-27-2004, 02:07 AM
That's why Hojo should have won the NPC tournament, but that's neither here nor there.

Draupnir2005
05-01-2004, 11:38 PM
It's all Tifa's fault! What you don't know is that Tifa dabbled in the Magiks, she tried a love spell on Cloud, but it went horribly wrong. So in conclusion, the culprit is: Tifa! TIFA MUST DIE IN ADVENT CHILDREN!

Rostum
05-01-2004, 11:51 PM
It's all Tifa's fault! What you don't know is that Tifa dabbled in the Magiks, she tried a love spell on Cloud, but it went horribly wrong. So in conclusion, the culprit is: Tifa! TIFA MUST DIE IN ADVENT CHILDREN!

Well that was unexpected.

Draupnir2005
05-01-2004, 11:53 PM
really Omecle? I saw that coming!

ShadyMilkman
05-02-2004, 03:19 PM
hey Hey Hey1 Maybe we can borrow some FFVIII technology and go back to the past, kill Hojo when he's a baby! Then, Sephy is never born! And maybe we can find out what kinda hair gel Cloud and Sephiroth use.... it's gotta be soem strong ass stuff!