PDA

View Full Version : Janus son of.....? unmarked spoilers!

Magil
03-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Ya....
ive been tormented by this question for a few days now
Schala, daughter of Zeal.
Janus, daughter *Ahem*, son of Zeal.
Janus Half-Sister *Ahem again* Half-Brother of Schala.

Apparently. "After the death of her husband, the queen began to nurture magic".
Someone in zeal said it....
either way....

that would explain why theres no King...
but, i want to understand,

is the king that died, the father of Schala, or Janus?

That would mean theres two kings right???
or did Zeal just have some one-night stand??????

I know for sure that Zeal is the mother of both Schala and Janus though......

p.s. forgive me if the topic was raised before

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-19-2004, 09:04 PM
It's been theorized that Dalton is Janus's father, but, y'know, probably not. :aimwink:

The Man
03-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Janus is a little bit too intelligent to be the son of Dalton, hilarious though Dalton is.

I always looked it as: RPG characters almost never have fathers. Who the hell is Chrono's father? The game certainly never turns any attention to that. It's very rare for an RPG character to have both parents survive long enough to get to the beginning of the game, and it's rarer still for both parents to survive the end of the game. It's an interesting question, but I'm not surprised Square didn't divert much attention to it.

DocFrance
03-20-2004, 01:54 AM
For every RPG character that doesn't have a father, there's usually a theory behind it. Just like Crono, Cloud, and Squall.

Magil
03-20-2004, 10:45 AM
New Theory!!!!

Awake until 2 at night downloading crap, i had time to think about it some more.

Janus was always "laughed" at in Zeal, for his lack of magical powers, while his sister was one of the most powerful "Enlightened Ones" at the time.
Maybe Zeal Had some relationship, (one-night stand, like i said earlier), with an "Earth-bound One"
therefor Janus'es powers were lacking....

But that wouldnt beright because deep inside Janus, was a potential much higher than anyone elses in Zeal (discluding Lavos, and Zeal herself).
But.... maybe That means his blood was in a way pure Zeal, and his magical essence was taken only from Zeal,
because the "Earthbound Genes" had no effect on him...

Mucho confusing......

Two more things:

Janus is a little bit too intelligent to be the son of Dalton, hilarious though Dalton is.
Agree.....
Why would Zeal sleep, with a pansy like Dalton???
(Although its been theorized by master01 and me, that he did something quite "anal" with her, in order to gain his positon in the milatry)

I always looked it as: RPG characters almost never have fathers. Who the hell is Chrono's father? The game certainly never turns any attention to that. It's very rare for an RPG character to have both parents survive long enough to get to the beginning of the game, and it's rarer still for both parents to survive the end of the game

That reminded me of FF5 in which Butz's father Dorgan was dead along with his mother..... "Stella", but you did see them in flashbacks.....

and....

Pokemon(bad example)- Ash's Father was mentioned by his mother occasionly but he never appeared.

Beyblade(once again, bad)-The kids (forgot his name) father was never there but he had some old Psychotic grandpa along there... (tyson????)

And now that i think about it alot of shows had some little kid with only a Grandpa or Grandma.....

and....... thats it

Back to sleep
:o

master01
03-20-2004, 11:21 AM
alon dont call goldes sun crap!
well... i dont think anyone in zeal actualy had sex, because they got purple hair, what sicho will have sex with some one with purple hair! (exept magus)
i think alfador is the source to all zeal, that's will explain why every body in zeal got purple hair, without a bouty salon at zeal (i cheaked all the places, not one!) and unless the 3 gurus are hair stailists, i think alfador is the mother of zeal, magus, and schala, and almost every one, that too explain why there is no king...

Magil
03-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Now that you mention it......

Hmmmm...... so who was alfadors mating partner!!!

Ya! For every answer i have a question!

p.s. what does this have to do with GS?

master01
03-20-2004, 11:48 AM
i know you cant download any other crap because of your sis...
everybody was alfador's mating partner, but i gusse the gurus were first, cause they dont have purple hair...

Chibi Youkai
03-20-2004, 10:07 PM
Who knows who whos father is. I think they do that sort of thing in games to make you think and adjitate people.

Magil
03-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Ya, see this thread is importatnt.
its to close the circle of rpg's
which involves adjetaion.....

Chibi Youkai
03-21-2004, 06:10 PM
I really believe that they leave it open-ended so that you can actully try to figure it out yourself.

Heath
06-18-2004, 11:20 AM
Sorry to revive this, just I noticed something when I was replaying this last week that would prove that Janus's father is not an Earthbound one. A random person in the Zeal locations (not sure, but I think it's Enhasa) says that one of the Gurus (I think) believes that "Janus's magical powers surpass those of even his sister".

It's either that, or someone on about Schala being more powerful than the Queen, but I'm fairly sure it's Janus that's reffered to.

-N-
06-18-2004, 09:59 PM
But was it really worth it?

Chibi Youkai
06-18-2004, 11:45 PM
But was it really worth it?

Huh? I don't quite think that I followed that.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-24-2004, 07:46 AM
Yes, they do say that the Gurus believe that Janus's power surpasses that of Schala and I think he also mentions the Queen. After all, Janus is a wielder of Shadow Magic which is pretty much the most powerful magic.