PDA

View Full Version : YOO jus' got SERRved! (Angry thread)

Ultimate_Sandwich
03-20-2004, 06:17 AM
EDIT: For those of you who don't want to read the whole thing, just post whatever MAKES YOU ANGRY.

Is anyone else angry like I am? I am holding back a far greater quantity of rage than any human being should be forced to contain. It sometimes comes out in misdirected outbursts. I don't like this to happen, because I am a nice person. To help people makes me feel good. I like to make people laugh. I love my girlfriend. I like to play with little children because they like when I do funny stuff and throw them around and because they have an innocence that cannot be found anywhere else. All this stuff makes me feel good and see the best in life.

SO WHY AM I beep SO DAMN PISSED ALL THE beep TIME?

If you have to ask yourself this question, try and determine what is it that keeps that constant anger boiling just beneath the surface. I really hope I'm not the only one, because I might need help. Honestly, I need something therapeudic like this because I usually feel like I can go off at any second. Like a vial of nitroglycerine over a bunsen burner. I am not inviting you to charge in and swear and curse and insult each other, just to articulate what's pushing all those wrong buttons and to identify with others on similar issues.

Closing in on the top of my list: STUPIDITY
Don't get me wrong, I have many problems closer to home and within that make me mad, but being at university really has shown me, truly, the vast amount of ignorant morons that there are. For some (well, a few out of a neverending list) of my university grievances, check out another recent post <a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?postid=745156#post745156">here.</a>

Oh yeah, the thread title--><a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365957">You got served!</a> Yeah bitch! Look, the white guy in a "black" movie is the villain! How non-double standardish! But this is not the core of my complaint. Look at the crap hollywood pumps our way (this baby took the thread title for being possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen--just the trailer!). The target audience has gone from "age 14 to 35" to "age dumbass to horny dumbass."

In addition to dealing with stupid people all day, the brief moments of television I catch (not including the "choice shows" that I download) drive me insane with the concept of marketing idiocy. I mean, you don't have to be stupid to watch TV in 2004, but it certainly helps. Oh god, the vast amount of things I could say about the media today. We are a society of the spectacle, and here's the irony: masses flock to the stupid moneygrabbing films and stare with awe at Paris Hilton living an artificial "country life," (all the while taking the crap seriously, or just unable to avert their spongelike gaze) while the real spectacle IS those braindead freaks that invest so much of themselves into the horrid garbage. The SPECTACLE is that this stuff is accepted. This stuff is what's POPULAR. THIS IS WHAT SELLS. THIS beep IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO SEE???? Do you see why I made this thread? I can't be alone here.

Yes, this topic makes me unbelievably angry because it is a travesty occuring on a MASSIVE SCALE. I mean, the bigshots that want to make the cash realize some stuff: "Whoa Earl... Put down that fat sack of cash money, I just had a damn epiphany--most people are morons! Let's make them believe our "reality" beep that our poor actors will star horribly in, put some more tits in every rap video...no, more tits... little more, with some ass too... great! Now dumb down those lyrics and sell some sex! Is "I'm a slave 4U" too obvious? Nah, what am I saying--people are morons!"

Then Earl chimes in.

"You're on to something, Jim. Just put some more tits over there... okay, yeah, let's make some movies! People like zombies, right? Yeah, let's get one more of those. Hell, license five. And are there enough gangsta movies with DMX where he is a badass? There's never enough. Let's make him look cool with something like "Never Die Alone"! Let's just stick with that, I don't want to think--and neither does anyone. Good. We're gonna need some more sacks."

The beaty of this tactic? The dumber it all gets is the more it becomes accepted as the "norm". Thus people become dumber (advantageous for the government--but that's another post; another ten posts) and question things less and less. Now every 14 year old I see is thugged out, speaks hacked up ebonics, sports the big names and big chains, and thinks he's a pimp/she's a princess. Not all of course, but it's worse than when I was that age--much worse. AGHH!!!! I want to KILL!! Where did all the smart people go? I have little hope for the coming generations.

This is all one tiny drop in the bucket for me. I'm sure I will post here often, because I've gotten to a disturbing state--I am always angry, on the surface or barely hidden under my skin. If you read all my posts, you can see that I have this angry tone in like one out of every two, though it's not always intentional. But now I feel a little better. A little. I need to get this stuff out to somebody or I'll go crazy. But don't worry, I'm harmless. And I think I like most of you.

So yeah... what pisses you off?

Dr Unne
03-20-2004, 06:40 AM
I am angry that I had to close this thread once. I will be angry if I have to close it again. If people could kindly avoid spamming the thread up this time, I would greatly appreciate it. And kindly avoid unnecessary profanity.

Ultimate_Sandwich
03-20-2004, 08:13 AM
I offered to clean that post myself so you don't have to waste your time, but whatever. Thanks Unne. I am angry that all profanity is seen as unnecessary profanity, but what can you do? Nothing. So yes people, I'd really like to know where the anger inside of you is coming from, so let's respect the board. Don't make Unne or me angry!

*Dylan

o_O
03-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Crumbs in my bed make me angry.

Jewels
03-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Angry when my parents aren't listening to me when I'm fully talking to them with no one else around.

Shoyku
03-20-2004, 05:29 PM
... Still Shay. I'm <i>serious</i>, here.

Edit: Added italics there, y'know, 'cause I'm serious.

Misfit
03-20-2004, 05:31 PM
Still Shoy. Oh boy, I can't get any more serious.

Enoki
03-20-2004, 05:43 PM
People who cant admit defeat really piss me off.:mad2:

Erdrick Holmes
03-20-2004, 07:42 PM
I have a really short temper so lots of stuff makes me angry, the people who attempt to make me angry know this to well.

MecaKane
03-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Shay and Shoy.
I'm <b>serious</b>, or something.

Shoyku
03-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Kane pisses me off, too.

Misfit
03-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Kane pisses me off more than Shoy, though, seriously.

Erdrick Holmes
03-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Shoyku
Kane pisses me off, too.

That makes three of us :)

Being unemployed pracically my whole life sorta stewed in my blood. So yeah I'm pretty angry 24/7.

Psychotic
03-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Joel

But...but...but Kane's the greatest person ever! He's so nice and friendly and cuddly! He's like a big cuddly homoerotic teddybear, just like Joel! :)

TheAbominatrix
03-20-2004, 11:02 PM
People choose to be angry. I choose not to be, most of the time.

Mikztsu
03-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Boredom and stress does the trick for me. >:\!!!

Erdrick Holmes
03-21-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Psychotic
But...but...but Kane's the greatest person ever! He's so nice and friendly and cuddly! He's like a big cuddly homoerotic teddybear, just like Joel! :)

I'm gonna punch you in the face now!

Mr. Graves
03-21-2004, 02:08 AM
Stupidity, and blatant ignorance. Also seeing people settling for a life that's less than what they can be. Michigan is chock-full of those types stated in the latter beef. It's the main reason I don't like this state I live in. >_<

Kirobaito
03-21-2004, 04:56 AM
Incompetence.

Meat Puppet
03-21-2004, 06:57 AM
My ex-girlfriends new boyfriend.

Thunday Man
03-21-2004, 07:12 AM
People.

Flying Mullet
03-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Shoyku
Kane pisses me off, too.

Originally posted by Joel
Just kidding, Kane doesn't piss me off. :love:

peoplerule
03-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Not being able to play FFXI makes me mad!