PDA

View Full Version : Hair cut

Free Spirit
03-20-2004, 09:24 PM
So anyways I just got back from getting my hair cut. But then again I am going back on next saturday and I'm dyeing my hair black and have red streaks gonna look awesome ^^ but anyways. How do you wear your hair? How much does it cost to get your hair cut? I don't know what would be something you would like to do to your hair but can't? Anyways discuss I say:tongue:

TheAbominatrix
03-20-2004, 09:37 PM
My hair is short to my chin, and I pretty much wear it straight with a bandana tied over it (either my black with skulls or the American flag motiff so I can pretend I'm in Easy Rider). The roots have grown out a lot, so the tips are black, the rest is blonde.

It doesnt cost a dime to get my hair cut, because I do it myself. Mainly because I'm not to concerned with how it comes out, I usually manage to make it look good though.

I'm thinking about getting a tri-hawk again, which I can do cause I'm far too old to be ruled by parents, but out of courtesy for my dad I may refrain. He hates my 'hippie' (punk, actually, but he wont admit to it) crap.

Jebus
03-20-2004, 09:42 PM
I usually get it cut down short and let the wind decide how it should look. Most people think it looks weird though.

Skogs
03-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Just got it cut today. I get it cut long enough so that it's not considered very short by guys standards, but short enough that for several weeks after it's cut it's still virtually no-maintenace.

Mikztsu
03-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Hair shouldn't be cutted. *regrets*

Old Manus
03-20-2004, 09:55 PM
Mine is usually cut pretty short and its a fiver but usually less cos i know the guy who cuts it :p

Talus
03-20-2004, 10:13 PM
I go with the High and Tight, I get it as close as humanly possible on the sides (which usually ends up with the barber cutting me a little with the blade) and slightly more left on top.

It ends up running me about 7 dollars with the military discount. I could get it for around 5 dollars if I have it done on base, but they don't get it tight enough.

Yamaneko
03-20-2004, 10:18 PM
If I shave it short all around I do it myself. I'm letting it grow right now, though.

Ariel
03-20-2004, 10:19 PM
My hair is a little above my shoulders at the moment. It's kinda layered and feathered around the bottom. It cost $20 to have it cut this time, but usually it doesn't cost anything, because I ask my mum to trim it for me. =P

I'd like to dye my hair green just once. But I won't, because I don't want to damage it permanently, or anything. I like my hair colour too much to lose it. ;_;

Shlup
03-20-2004, 10:22 PM
I wear my hair long and its natural color. I go in for a quick trim every few months, but I'm trying to ejnoy the blondeness while I can. When I get pregnant the hormones'll make my hair turn brown, so I'll have fun with new colors and stuff then.

bennator
03-20-2004, 10:51 PM
I just have a buzz cut.

Strider
03-20-2004, 11:16 PM
I wear a baseball cap 95% of the time, so that I don't have to worry about styling my hair.

It usually costs like. . . 10 bucks to cut my hair. Unless my grandpa does it for me, then it's free. :D

Casey
03-21-2004, 01:56 AM
I used to have long hair, then shaved it. I pretty much dont care bout' my hair.

Mr. Graves
03-21-2004, 02:13 AM
I get it cut short than let it grow out. Repeat 4 months later.

Kami
03-21-2004, 03:05 AM
Everyone I know are cutting their hairs!!! Well anyways, I'm cuting my near the end of school. I might cut it REALLY short and bleach it. Then I might spike it up with gel :D.

EternalBahamut
03-21-2004, 03:47 AM
I go like every 2-3 months and get it cut short. It is only like 15 bucks for a mens cut here but I always forget to till someone comments on how shaggy I am looking

o_O
03-21-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Strider
I wear a baseball 95% of the time...

You wear a baseball? :p

I get it cut short than let it grow out. Repeat 4 months later.

Giggles
03-21-2004, 05:26 AM
I had bangs ;_;

And...I looked so bad. It's painful to see pictures of me when I was 11-13 with bangs, and they're all....gross.

I try to avoid pictures of that time period.

Kirobaito
03-21-2004, 05:31 AM
I don't "wear" my hear. It comes as it is when I wake up. I get it cut every 2 or 3 months, fairly short, then I repeat the process. I haven't used a comb/brush in over 3 years.

Dr Unne
03-21-2004, 06:21 AM
I cut my hair yesterday. 1/8 inch of fuzz all around. I don't know how people can stand having hair that needs to be tended to every 15 minutes all day long. I just do whatever I want and I'm confident I'll still look the same.

Tokki Wartooth
03-21-2004, 06:27 AM
Right now my hair is straight permed ($150) cut to about halfway down my back ($40) and dyed blondish ($10 because I dun it myself). And I got those cute side-sweep bangs free because my friend cut them for me. :D

Meat Puppet
03-21-2004, 06:50 AM
Barbers scare me.

Advent Child
03-21-2004, 06:57 AM
I really need to find a better place to get my hair cut. My current place cosst like 12 dollars. I'm growing my hair right now, hopefully it'll turn out well.

Rei
03-21-2004, 07:28 AM
I have a 'fro. Everyone wants me to either get braids or dreadlocks, but that straightens out the hair and makes it look nasty when it is 'fro'd out. My hair went from shaved to seven inches stretched out in a year and a quarter, so I figure I'm doin' alright.

Some people assume it's hard to keep up, but it ain't. My hair looks like hell in the morning, but all I gotta do is get it wet, so it's easier to pick out, which, by the way, takes only a few minutes. Of course, a 'fro doesn't keep it's shape easily when it's wet, so I have to touch it up later on, when it's dry. All in all, maybe 15 minutes a day doin' hair.

Peegee
03-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Ashmug, I've had my hair in 3 rows of spikes. It's not quite a tri-hawk, but it looks very nice. Go for it. My friend once had a bi-hawk and it looked very nice.

Anyway, my haircuts usually cost 10$, and I *basically* have a #2 cut along the sides, and I let my hair grow out at the top, but I get it trimmed a 1/4 inch every month, so it grows a 1/4 inch longer every month. It's black with trace blonde highlights from my 2nd picture in the album hehe...

I also have side burns. Yes you heard right. The barber takes the blade and 'shaves' an arc into it. I liked it, so since then I've asked for it. It's better than no side-burns imo because with no side burns it just.....crops off and looks weird.

How would I like my hair? Longer probably, but still cut short on the side. Preferably 6-8 inches. I keep messing it up one way or another. Two years ago I cut it all off, and last halloween I bleached it so much my hair fell out xD

Bernhard
03-21-2004, 01:59 PM
Two alternatives. Either I:

a) have bedhead hair, kind of fluffy, as in my picture in the photo thread

or

b) Use one of those electric hair trimmers and cut it all of. Not all the way down though, there's probably 1/15 of an inch left. :aimgrin:

frunk
03-21-2004, 05:11 PM
Haircut?
What's a haircut?
I have my hair quite long, don't think it has been cut for a yar and a half, Possibly more. Some people say I should cut it, some people say my long hair looks good, most don't give a damn.
I am considering, however, dying it purple/black or blue/black. But I'm reluctant becuase my natural colour is already really cool (its auburn with dark red highlights).
Hell, mabye I'll just but a new hat or two

Evelia
03-21-2004, 05:42 PM
I cut my hair about two months ago... it was $20 or something. It's too long for me right now, just about to my chest. It's also kind of layered, but I'd like to layer it more when I get it cut next Saturday.

Lament
03-21-2004, 07:33 PM
I have long-ish "rock" hair usually worn parted and wavy sticking out of the back of a Pirate bandanna of some sort :) Yarrrrrr matey!!!

I am in no hurry to get it cut in the near future.

fire_of_avalon
03-22-2004, 12:02 AM
My hair is currently midway past my shoulder blades, lost between blonde and brown, and stupid curly. I love my hair :)