PDA

View Full Version : Stocking up your town...

Shlup
03-21-2004, 02:09 AM
I don't know how this works for single player, but in multi-player each character choses a family trade, and if that family trade isn't chosen then your town is without that trade. For example, I am a merchant, another person chose blacksmith, another chose alchemist, and another chose fisher. After a couple of days we realized our fisher didn't want to play as much as we did so we replaced him and this new person chose to be a rancher, but the fisher's family remained in town.

The other day we realized our town had no tailor, so we made a tailor character to go unused, and his family promptly moved in to town ready to provide us with his services.

So now our town has everything we need. Its neat. :)

Garland
03-21-2004, 04:29 AM
I play alone, but did make some dummy characters to gain the essential services in my home town. Really, all I needed was a merchant, just to sell miscellaneous garbage like food and outdated alchemy plans. It's a shame you can't sell used weapons and armor. I hate destroying them.

zacks_clone
03-21-2004, 01:27 PM
My little sister and I play the game togther(mainly because i have no friends..but,whaterver:D),and we each have 4 characters.So,our town has everyone.My sister is the only one to switch between characters.Iv used just one sense the game started.

Mr_Bojangless
03-21-2004, 06:55 PM
I only play single player (I don't have friends :( ) but when i started the game I immediately made 8 characters to fill out the town. I chose alchemist due to the fact he's the only way I know of to get the ring of invincibility scroll. However the other 8 character's families are in the town, they just don't level up.

Lindy
04-17-2004, 10:32 PM
However the other 8 character's families are in the town, they just don't level up.

Talk to the Merchant father for a number of years, and he'll unlock more items for you, like he was levelling up, since he's the only way to get Ultimite and Dark Spheres for the Greatest Weapon scrolls.

When I was playing with friends, I was an Alchemist (in fact, I'm ALWAYS an Alchemist since it's so damned useful), another was a blacksmith, third was merchant and fourth was tailor. Because really, the other jobs are just totally useless as all they give you is food and you get all you need from enemies.

When me and Xander were playing, we needed a Tailor and a Blacksmith to complement our Alchemist and Merchant characters, so we made one called Psylee (my nickname for Psychotic) and one called Rye. Very twee.