PDA

View Full Version : Affiliation with EoFF.com

LadyRinoa
03-21-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi! I'm an Italian webmistress of the site "Eyes on Final Fantasy". We have recently find THIS "Eyes on Final Fantasy" in english language, thanks to King Bahamut.
We’d like to clarify some details. First of all, the site name. Our choice has been inspired by the song “Eyes On Me”, from Final Fantasy 8, and we’ve discovered the existance of this site with the same name only with King Bahamut’s post. A few weeks ago we also started the steps necessary to register the domain http://www.eyesonff.it, which is going to be activated soon, and the request can’t be revoked at this point.
We also want to underline that our site has completely different material and layout from yours, and is written only in Italian, so we can’t “steal” users from your site.
To solve this embarassing situation, I propose to affiliate our two sites, with the same name but keeping different contents and complete authonomy in the editing.

If the staff want accept, please reply or send an e-mail to ffgstaff@yahoo.it

Good luck for your site!
LadyRinoa

Flying Mullet
03-21-2004, 02:23 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44301

crono_logical
03-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Heh, this site and that site found each other at near enough the same time :p

I think Feedback would be a better place for this anyway, and someone that's actually in charge of the front site can answer :p

LadyRinoa
03-21-2004, 06:22 PM
I've just reply....

Bulldog
03-21-2004, 06:58 PM
I think it's a neat idea.

Kirobaito
03-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Yeah. I've already registered there at their forums, the only problem is I don't speak Italian. :( Oh well. I can say stuff like "Grazi" to everyone. That's "thank you", right? It's amazing what you can learn from the movie "Life is Beautiful."

Erdrick Holmes
03-21-2004, 07:18 PM
Hi, Im the webasterof Abyss of Woe forums, we support online gaming, anime, and Square-enix titles, I think AoW and EoFF should be affiliated.

Garland
03-21-2004, 11:06 PM
I like the idea of an EoFF-EoFF affiliation. If EoFF is anything, it's multicultural. It'd be great to have an Italian sister-site. That's my 3 cents.

Kirobaito
03-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Make a stickied poll and ask the general populace what they think.

Del Murder
03-22-2004, 04:37 AM
It's up to Sean really, or someone else that knows anything about doing something like that. I sure don't, I'm not even sure what affiliated sites mean.

Kirobaito
03-22-2004, 04:46 AM
Well, an affiliation with this site probably won't mean all THAT much, as the only person who seemed to understand the topic I made in their Generale forum was their webmistress (I've never heard that term before), LadyRinoa. It seems that their forum is dominated by a few members: her, "Eko the Best", and "Bilancia." Atleast that's what I read; once again, I can only say 'spaghetti' and 'lasagna' in Italian. :p I'm not sure if anyone there can speak a whole lot of English, atleast to come speak here, where everybody does, besides the few random German threads that eest makes.

eestlinc
03-22-2004, 05:05 AM
Es wärmt mein Herz

Citizen Bleys
03-22-2004, 04:03 PM
It is Cid's call, but I actually think that it would be a pretty cool thing to do. On an internet where people jump to lawsuit at the drop of a hat, it would be nice to stand out as the ones who just say "Hey, coincidence. That's cool," just like people did before the world went sue-happy, and it would also make us the ones who celebrate common ground in a world plagued by "ethnic cleansing" between nigh-identical cultures (i.e., the Balkans. Michael Ignatieff speaks well of the "Narcissism of Minor Difference" in The Warrior's Honor)

My advice is to show everybody that we're more grown up than the rest of the internet.

(That, or just kill them all :p)

Erdrick Holmes
03-22-2004, 08:55 PM
<i>(That, or just kill them all:p )</i>-Bleys

Wait until the next variation of the WORM to arrive on the web.

Peegee
03-24-2004, 11:41 AM
I support it -- it's a cool idea

Loony BoB
03-24-2004, 05:52 PM
*stamps his approval*

LadyRinoa
03-25-2004, 12:56 PM
I've edit my first post for clarify some things. I hope you understand my message, I've take my reply from "eyesonff.cjb.net" topic, written by CID.

Big Ogre Umaro
03-26-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Citizen Bleys
On an internet where people jump to lawsuit at the drop of a hat When was the last time you ever heard of anyone from a small-time website like this one going beyond the 9th grade punking stage of "Remove this from your site or I will be forced to consort with my lawyers who say I have a good case against you"...? I mean, sure, I've seen plenty of advanced legalese in these empty threats (especially as a member of these boards for the past four+ years [lolz]), but it's never been more than empty threats. Not in the Internet I know.

Yamaneko
03-26-2004, 03:45 AM
Mikerowesoft.com. Of course he eventually gave in and probably had Lionel Hutz as a lawyer. Nonetheless, the point is, annoy big companies as much as you can by buying Internet domains that resemble theirs. :)

Kirobaito
03-26-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by GokuKid749876
When was the last time you ever heard of anyone from a small-time website like this one going beyond the 9th grade punking stage of "Remove this from your site or I will be forced to consort with my lawyers who say I have a good case against you"...? I mean, sure, I've seen plenty of advanced legalese in these empty threats (especially as a member of these boards for the past four+ years [lolz]), but it's never been more than empty threats. Not in the Internet I know.

I would agree with that, but I hardly consider this to be a "small-time" website anymore.

HOOTERS
03-26-2004, 04:05 AM
So when are we sueing her?

Peegee
03-26-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm going to sue you for infringing on the restaurant chain's name, you jerk.

Big Ogre Umaro
03-27-2004, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
Mikerowesoft.com. Of course he eventually gave in and probably had Lionel Hutz as a lawyer. Nonetheless, the point is, annoy big companies as much as you can by buying Internet domains that resemble theirs. :) Small-time

Originally posted by King Bahamut
I would agree with that, but I hardly consider this to be a "small-time" website anymore. I'm using this model: Small websites are like...EoFF, with however many thousands of pageviews a day, a few thousand forum members, and a webmaster with a dayjob. Medium would be, like, Something Awful. Millions or whatever page views, something like thirty thousand forum members, and a webmaster whose job is "Webmaster of SoomethingAwful.com." Big is, ahh, Slashdot, which gets referenced in Neil Gaiman comics. :) Anything bigger (Amazon, Microsoft) or smaller (smallcave, whatever) is not on the scale. It kind of makes sense. Anyway, it's an interesting way of thinking about things.

edit: I totally realize that I'm going to read this post again next week and decide that I'm full of shite.

Kirobaito
03-30-2004, 10:19 PM
Heh heh...On their board, someone replied to my thread, and used the term "mammamia!" lmao! I didn't know that people actually used that term!

Del Murder
03-31-2004, 02:34 AM
You have problem with the Italian people??

eestlinc
03-31-2004, 02:50 AM
yea, I like my Whoppers with cheese.

Yamaneko
03-31-2004, 03:22 AM
Bravo! You hava made this old Italian-a stereotype happy.

Kirobaito
03-31-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by CyberZell on the Italiano EoFF
MT parla "divinamente" anke in inglese... mammamia!

Here's my translation of it without speaking a word of Italian.

MT (that's another guy) somehow "divinely" spoke in English...holy crap!

How's that, Del? Ask Johnny Tightlips how that translation is.

Del Murder
03-31-2004, 06:36 AM
I ain't sayin nothin.

Spuuky
04-01-2004, 03:06 PM
I disapprove because I hate people who are different than me.

Doomgaze
04-02-2004, 05:50 AM
"The thing that you dared to pick up sentences and words and lazily altered them with an automatic Italian-to-English translator... all of the above shows evident proof of your ignorance and cannot be backed up by any legittimate reason. "

OH GOD WE DON'T KNOW THEIR LANGUAGE WE MUST BE EVIL RACIST NAZI TYPES

The fact that you did not do the translation correctly is the greatest insult of all...

Kirobaito
04-02-2004, 05:54 AM
In case you didn't understand Doomgaze's post:

Originally posted by -mt- on Italiano EoFF
Seems like users of that board are not enough open-minded and clever to prevent themselves from stating racist jokes and dumb comments. Indeed I thought differently, I reckoned initially that you would have comprehended that everything happened due to a mere coincidence. Your precious work will not be stolen and undoubtedly no one desires to emulate you in any form. The thing that you dared to pick up sentences and words and lazily altered them with an automatic Italian-to-English translator, the fact that you consequently made fun of our efforts, without even expressing proper judgements on the actual contents that this website offers, AND the evidence that you arrogantly brought up silly and offensive words on your forums, all of the above shows evident proof of your ignorance and cannot be backed up by any legittimate reason.

eestlinc
04-02-2004, 05:57 AM
yea this place is a racist mockery of the greatness of italian eoff

Kirobaito
04-02-2004, 06:03 AM
Yes, because apparently we are very tolerant of other countries, as we have people from 30 different countries. However, we despise Italian people, simply because they're Italian. The only person here that apparently likes Italian people is Del, but that's because his family will gun him down with their Tommyguns if he doesn't.[/sarcasm]

Doomgaze
04-02-2004, 06:03 AM
Raistlin actually founded EoFF in 1942 to undermine Italian morale. True story. He and RSL got the Congressional Medal of Honor for it.

Kirobaito
04-02-2004, 06:04 AM
Yeah, I know, I was reading about that in my history book yesterday. That's really why Italy surrendered.

Citizen Bleys
04-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Um...forgetting Scottie again?

Doomgaze
04-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Scottie was a turncoat and you know it! >=O

escobert
04-05-2004, 09:54 PM
I'm all for the affliliation.

bennator
04-06-2004, 01:45 AM
yeah... I guess it's time for me to cast in my vote in favor

blue_midget192
04-08-2004, 05:02 PM
yea affiliate! :) good stuff, sounds great. also very funny. "Welcome to EoFF, affiliated wit EoFF :D