PDA

View Full Version : FF12 interesting info (and maybe a release date change)

defier
03-22-2004, 04:18 AM
some interesting info...

-Scheduled for a summer 2004 release in Japan-

The creators say the game will have almost no romance in it
Also lots of fans have asked why the character Vaan looks likes that.
The character designer said he was originally supposed to have survived terrible burns, (his face healed like that.)

(The story line has changed a lot during the development cycle. The designer was asked to change just a few details of the character.)

Also, Vaan's story is not the main focus of the game.

Its rumored Square Enix is planning to postpone the release of Final Fantasy XII from summer 2004 to sometimes in late 2004 to early 2005, because Dragon Quest VIII is closer to completion, and the game can be released ahead of FFXII in Japan.

-Other info-

Fran is a woman of the Viera race, she is a reliable person. She has strong fencing and grapple skills.

Balflear is a 22 year old Hume, he will play a good part of the story. He is a partner of Fran, and he became Vaan's companion early in the game.

There will be many other important but non-playable characters in the game

As mentioned before, the new graphic engine in the game will use less polygons but give
higher quality 3D graphics

Airships are important in the game, since the map is considerable wide.

The camera angel in the field and dungeons can be changed manually.

To distinguish between different races, the appearance of the dialog subtitles will be different.

The battle system is said to be like Final Fantasy X-2 plus various new elements.
In the battle, you can equip gems in the gem slots, the effects are not yet announced.

Some elements from FFX and FFXI will be applied to FFXII, thanks to the help from production team 1 & 2 who worked on the two games in the game.

Kirobaito
03-22-2004, 04:51 AM
This all sounds reliable, as it's not far-out or anything, but when you post info, provide a link to where ya got it from. Or Kishi will come in here and make you crawl into a fetal position and cry for 3 weeks.

defier
03-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Yeah normally i do but i don't know where this came from. ;p

I borrowed it off a guy who posted on another forum i frequent. I will try and find out where he got it from.

Cloudane
03-24-2004, 02:08 AM
I'm not really surprised at the lack of romance, at least between the lead characters (as we've come to expect with FF lately.)

I can't help thinking that this could be the first FF (or perhaps any console game) with a homosexual lead character.

Needless to say it's wrong to sterotype... a 'pretty guy' is not necessarily gay and vice versa. But the thought did occur, and I must admit it would be a very bold and interesting move.

aeris2001x2
04-03-2004, 02:15 AM
i really hope the battle systerm is not like ffx-2. i,d rater have junction then that.

if it gets released in late 2004, early2005 in jap when will usa and uk get it? i mean, how long did ff9 and ffx-2 take 4 uk? i bet the uk will still get ffxii before ffxi though lol.

Savannah
04-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by huddo5
some interesting info...

-Scheduled for a summer 2004 release in Japan-

The creators say the game will have almost no romance in it.

FINALLY.

Originally posted by huddo5 The character designer said he was originally supposed to have survived terrible burns, (his face healed like that.)

Healed like what? Like it is now? Huh? He looks like a normal anime/FF prettyboy.