PDA

View Full Version : the disfigured slice of pie

Stayin Dizzy
03-22-2004, 11:30 PM
does life ever hand you the weird looking piece of pie, but somehow it turns out to be the best piece?

I already hate being home to michigan. its cold. But I'm a firm believer of everthing happens for a reason. My brother told me to call some guy that offered him a job a while back, and after putting it off for a few days I decided to call. Expecting it to be telemarketing I had little motivation but come to find out the guy is looking for a sales training manager. After telling him about my previous sales and maketing experience, he made a few phone calls and got me in for a pre-interview interview (like a lunch date but I'll just be meeting with some execs to talk about the company). Weird stuff though, I didn't expect one call to go so well.

So what stuff have you dreaded or delayed doing, then it turned out to be really great??

Skogs
03-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I was pretty steadfast against going to university in the UK. My parents convinced me to go to a university open day, and I actually really liked the look of the place. So, I applied and got an offer. I'd have been stupid not to take it, and two years on here I am! Admittedly, as soon as I finish studying, I'm leaving the UK. University life here's great, but I'm not to fussed on the rest of the package.

Xander
03-22-2004, 11:46 PM
I was worried and unsure about the course I'm doing now at college, if it was the right thing, if I'd be good enough, if I'd make friends. But I enjoy it (mostly), I have done well in it so far and I've met some cool people. So that's one thing that I was worried about that turned out good. That's all I can think of right now..

Kirobaito
03-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I once was given this enormous, but really nasty-looking piece of blueberry pie. I was like "NO WAY!" but then this dude was like, "EAT IT, WAY!" so I did, and it was good.

But I haven't experienced your "metaphorically" tricky pie.

Dr Unne
03-23-2004, 05:30 PM
Everything I try to delay just gets worse and worse as time progresses. I also don't believe everything happens for a reason.

Skogs
03-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Oh yeah. I never really wanted to take up skiing. But I tried it and loved it. Mmmm... disfugured pie...