PDA

View Full Version : I'm Not Ashamed Anymore!

The Captain
03-23-2004, 01:46 AM
When we were all younger, or even still today, we were ashamed of things that now when we look back, or will, we realize how silly that was.

What are some things you used to be ashamed about, but now are no big problem?

For me, I used to be ashamed that I could grow a beard in under a week, but now, it's become a nice bonus of the aging process.

Take care all.

Erdrick Holmes
03-23-2004, 01:51 AM
Regret that one time I said outloud in class "I'm gonna kill you f**ker!" and I got suspened for 3 days which lowered my grade in the 9th grade.

fire_of_avalon
03-23-2004, 05:44 AM
I used to be ashamed of being a porker when I was a kid. I'm still a chunky chick, but I don't care so much now as long as I feel good.

DeathIsMyFreedom
03-23-2004, 06:14 AM
my mouth..god its gotten me into so many problems..haha, I regreat i ever even opend my mouth, all its done is got me in trouble sense i was 4 years old.

Meat Puppet
03-23-2004, 06:17 AM
I'm ashamed of growing up.

Garland
03-23-2004, 06:40 AM
I'm typically ashamed of things later, that I did in the past, rather than the other way around. I can't think of anything that I used to be ashamed of that I now accept. Looking back on the horribly unpopular nerd I used to be throughout elementary and highschool, I have plenty to be ashamed of now. Hindsight is 20/20, they say.

Peegee
03-23-2004, 07:30 AM
I guess of me being so short :p Now it doesn't matter to me. There really isn't much that I've 'gotten over', because growing up hasn't been that bad anyway. Just the occassional bully, maniac, racist, and what-not, but who cares, right?

o_O
03-23-2004, 09:18 AM
I used to be ashamed of being so short....I was 5'0 until I was 14, then I grew to 6'1" by age 16. :}

I was ashamed of being such a geek too, back in elementary and intermediate school.

I'm not really ashamed of anything right now. I find living in shame detracts from the overall enjoyability of life. :p

Spuuky
03-24-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm still ashamed of everything I was ashamed of before.

Breine
03-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Spuuky
I'm still ashamed of everything I was ashamed of before.

More or less anyway...

Mikztsu
03-24-2004, 03:12 PM
I get what you mean, oh Kapitano. I was ashamed of the stupidest things on my early teens.

For example, most of my friends were older, and they started grow pubic hair earlier than me. I was ashamed of a stupid thing like that. =P Et cetera, et cetera. I also used to be ashamed when I was still a virgin, and most of my friends were not. That was stupid as well. These days I have huge respect for the people who are "saving themselves" for the right people. I really wish I would've not had sex with some people before Lilly.

m4tt
03-24-2004, 03:18 PM
I'm still ashamed of my giant head and my messed up jaw. Sucks. :(

Chaos
03-24-2004, 10:58 PM
I'm ashamed of just various things Ive said/done in my past.
You know, just the little things which you regret the moment they come out of your mouth.

Oh well. I'm sure there will be plenty more.

Chaos

Lament
03-24-2004, 11:04 PM
I've done things I regret... but nothing I'm ashamed of. Sure, perhaps I felt <--> this big and really stupid after a couple of "events", but full-on ashamed, I don't think so.

Calliope
03-25-2004, 05:31 AM
Sure, I forget about things. But they always come back in brute force!

Yamaneko
03-25-2004, 05:39 AM
"Use the amnesia ray when you're done."

"You mean the revolver?"

"Excellent."

:D

Calliope
03-25-2004, 05:40 AM
And you're not ashamed of that atall, Stalin? xD

The Captain
03-25-2004, 06:16 AM
Honestly, I used to be ashamed to post questions or new threads because I figured no one would answer them....

Take care all.

Rainecloud
03-25-2004, 07:20 AM
I swore in the playground at primary school, and a dinner lady overheard me. She gave me a hard time, and presumed that I was one of the troublemakers, when in actual fact, it was the first time I'd ever been told off at that particular school. I became quite upset with myself, and I honestly couldn't believe that I'd said something quite so terrible to another school friend. I can only presume that the bad influence of the other children (namely the ones who swore all the time) had rubbed off onto me somehow.

Nice thread, Cap'n.

Mr. Graves
03-26-2004, 12:15 AM
I used to be ashamed if I said anything unjustly mean to anyone, now I just don't care anymore. I still make a point to try to not be an ass to people, but if I ever do just go off on a verbal tirade I don't believe I'd feel the least bit sorry afterward. I have no idea how that personality change came about, either.