PDA

View Full Version : Does it worth it ?

Emperor Grahf
03-23-2004, 06:29 AM
I mean, does it worth the money ? Is it so diffrerent ? What changed basicly, is what I'm asking.

Del Murder
03-23-2004, 07:38 AM
I didn't think it was that different. The battle system is pretty much retained from the original, and there are some good new classes and plenty of things to do. The main changes are the mission based gameplay as well as the ability learning system. Instead of job points you learn abilities based on your equipment, much like FFIX, another great game.

crono_logical
03-23-2004, 07:42 AM
Um, it's a completely new game with new story, sound, graphics and everything :p Saying it's not different because it kept the battle system is like saying all the normal numbered FFs are remakes of each other :p In fact, the battle system is only similar, there are elements which are different like classes and how to learn skills and gain new classes, and new elements like the judge system and the cards to manipulate that.

Emperor Grahf
03-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Whole new game ? You mean, its not ''The war of the Lion'' anymore ? The whole thing with the church conspiracy and the Zodiac-Stones(which included the darned freakin' hard Velius !) is now otaly gone ??! To be repalced by what ?

TheAbominatrix
03-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Grahf
Whole new game ? You mean, its not ''The war of the Lion'' anymore ? The whole thing with the church conspiracy and the Zodiac-Stones(which included the darned freakin' hard Velius !) is now otaly gone ??! To be repalced by what ?

With a story about kids being sent into a Final Fantasy world, and crystals and all that fun stuff.

It isnt Final Fantasy Tactics with different graphics, it's a whole new game with new characters and a new storyline.

Del Murder
03-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Guu
Um, it's a completely new game with new story, sound, graphics and everything :p Saying it's not different because it kept the battle system is like saying all the normal numbered FFs are remakes of each other :p In fact, the battle system is only similar, there are elements which are different like classes and how to learn skills and gain new classes, and new elements like the judge system and the cards to manipulate that.
So it was you who made that description! I still think the games are very similar. The map is similar, the point of view is similar, the graphics are similar, and the unique battle system is similar.

crono_logical
03-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I made that description when everyone decided it belonged as a subforum of FFT for reasons unknown, when clearly it's a new game in it's own right like the other FFs :p At least Sean reaslised that too and moved it back out :p

The graphics seem much more kiddy-like and colourful, I think, which fits better with the more light-hearted storyline. It also relies on 3D much less than FFT, partially because I don't think the GBA is capable of proper 3D like the PSX and only pseudo-3D like the SNES (you can see good use of this is Tales of Phantasia or Golden Sun on this system though.) The sound, also similar in style to FFT in places, also seems to be more lighthearted, which again fits the different atmosphere in the game.

I guess the map is similar, other than the fact you can build it yourself and choose where almost every location goes on the map.

I think there's enough changes in the battle system to make it unique enough, much like when you compare almost any other pair of FFs with each other. Actually, the one thing I didn't like about this new battle system is they removed the charge time element for when you cast spells or do other time consuming moves, and everything becomes performed instantly, thus removing quite a bit of strategy making the game much easier than FFT. The judge system is good, but I don't think that counters enough to bring the game back up to the same difficulty. It might have been intentional though, since I'm pretty sure the target audience seems to be of a lower age than for FFT. It's still fun all the same though to play.

And you can continue playing on your same saved game even after you've completed the game, and there's actually more storyline afterwards too :p

Emperor Grahf
03-25-2004, 04:10 AM
You mean, it keeps going after the ending, like Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete ? So it seem's its more like a tactiacal version of FF1 with the search for the four elemental crystals...no ? No more Ramza, Delita, big conspiracy thing ?

TheAbominatrix
03-25-2004, 04:19 AM
You mean, it keeps going after the ending, like Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete ? So it seem's its more like a tactiacal version of FF1 with the search for the four elemental crystals...no ? No more Ramza, Delita, big conspiracy thing ?

NO Ramza, NO Delita, NO conspiracy. Ya know how Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII didnt have the same characters or storyline despite the fact that their names are so similar? Its like that.

The crystals arent elemental, they simply bind this fantasy world together. Marche, the main guy, is looking to destroy them, not save them. And yes, you can still do missions after the ending.

twobitmage
03-25-2004, 04:27 AM
Im not usually a grammar whore because Im not too good myself, but... "does it worth it"? that doesnt sound right

TheAbominatrix
03-25-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by twobitmage
Im not usually a grammar whore because Im not too good myself, but... "does it worth it"? that doesnt sound right

It's not.

Emperor Grahf
03-26-2004, 03:44 AM
Humm exscuse me, I know my english is pretty crapy, after all its just a second language to me. But could it be possible to keep your sacarsm and racist remarks for yourself please ? Thank you very much.

This was headed toward The Abominatrix and twobitmage btw.

Del Murder
03-26-2004, 06:17 AM
I agree. Let's keep on topic please.

I recommend the game, Grahf. It's not the same as FFT, but there are enough similarities that I would recommend it to any FFT fan.

Emperor Grahf
03-26-2004, 06:44 AM
Enough similarities to bough it ? What is the story in short ? Is the Job-system similar to the original one ? If it is a complete new game, then why have they given it the same name as the other one ? Kinda confusing..though i'm quite happy to see that thres no more Velius..and Zodiac-Knight stones :p

Del Murder
03-26-2004, 07:16 AM
The name is sort of like how Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII have the same name, like mentioned above. The job system is similar but not the same. You gain new jobs by learning abilities with other jobs. You control the main character lost in the Tactics advance world trying to get to your home world. You form a clan and take missions to find the clues to get back home by fighting battles. I really can't explain it any better you'll just have to buy it or search the net for a better review. :D

DocFrance
03-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Trust me, it does worth it.

Marble
03-26-2004, 05:37 PM
You used to say it was a crap game, Doc.

psilontech
03-26-2004, 06:00 PM
You get sucked into the final fantasy world, there are several races, each with its own classes. Each race has different strengths and stuff, like the lizard people (can'e remember their names) have kick arse physical str., exc. It is an okay game, but I couldn't really get into it, but you may be able to! Rent it from someplace like blockbuster (if they HAVE gba games) or go to gamefaqs.com to get a feeling for what the game is like. Hope that helps, even though I know it probably didn't!:D

DocFrance
03-26-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Marble
You used to say it was a crap game, Doc. I did, but then I got into it a bit more. Then I changed my mind.

Emperor Grahf
03-27-2004, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the infos guys, I'll check it out soon-enough.

Marble
03-27-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by DocFrance
I did, but then I got into it a bit more. Then I changed my mind.

Congratulations. :strut:

TheAbominatrix
03-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Humm exscuse me, I know my english is pretty crapy, after all its just a second language to me. But could it be possible to keep your sacarsm and racist remarks for yourself please ? Thank you very much.

This was headed toward The Abominatrix and twobitmage btw.

I apologize if you felt I was being racist, I wasnt. I was just answering a question about grammar. I really could care less how you type/speak/whatever.

unknown88
03-29-2004, 12:15 AM
The status growth is also a bit different. There are only 50 levels I think and the status are in "higher number"

Instad of having 6 POW and 3 MPW you have 150POW and 75MPW and so on. Status don't change with job change so be careful with that. If you change your long time soldier into a black mage your magic power will remain low :p

Emperor Grahf
03-30-2004, 03:56 AM
Understood i'll be careful.