PDA

View Full Version : Behind Blue Eyes

Jebus
03-23-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm sorry if I'm going off on a rant here, but who else agrees with me that Fred Durst should die a slow and horrible death for ruining this song? This song is one of my favorites of all time, from one of my favorite bands (The Who for all you pop culture dulled people who actually think Durst wrote it.)

I hate him enough as it is for ruining Faith, and for creating such a horrible "band" in the first place, but this is the last straw. Not only did he taint it with his no-talent hack job of a career, but he's taking all the credit for writing it. Everywhere I go I see "Wow, I thought Fred was good before, but he's such an incredible artist for this song." or "I thought he sucked before, but if he can write such a masterpiece he must be good." :rage: HE DIDN'T WRITE THE :skull::skull::skull::skull:ING SONG!

So, what are your thoughts on this? (I really hope this doesn't lead to flame wars or anything, but I really needed to get this off my chest.)

Strider
03-23-2004, 10:33 PM
I have the actual CD, "Results May Vary", and it reads as follows:

"Behind Blue Eyes"
Written by Pete Townsend
Published by Abkco Music Inc. (BMI)
Published by Careers BMG Music Publishing (BMI)
Suloubaf Music (BMI)
Towser Tunes, Inc. (BMI)

As you can see, Limp Bizkit gave good ol' Pete his dues. Otherwise, there probably would've been a huge lawsuit by now.

Skogs
03-23-2004, 11:33 PM
I thought their cover of Faith was funny, because it was so irreverent, and that's what made it good. The cover of Behind Blue Eyes, however, tries to be too close to the original, but falls painfully short, and that's why it blows.

RSL
03-23-2004, 11:35 PM
Regardless of who wrote it, it's annoying to hear Fred Durst singing those lyrics. You just want to punch the guy.

LH
03-24-2004, 12:42 AM
I cannot offer a defense for Fred Durst as a person because he's complete jackass, but I think he's a good artist. I think he's got a great voice and it's good to see he's using it for more than some stupid rap-rock crap. There's a ton of talent deep down trapped in an idiot's body. Kind of sad.

Limp Bizkit is the one band that I think totally screwed up a wonderful thing. Listen to the first album and then see Durst on TV and listen to his crappy rapping. I know he can make insightful and well-done music; he just doesn't because he's a dumbass and a sell-out. Maybe he's trying to straighten out his career and make an attempt to gain all the credibility he lost a few years back.

And how can you say he ruined Faith or Behind Blue Eyes? Both songs are still there in record stores for all to hear. It may even be a good thing for the original, if it's so much better and all, because it'll bring attention to it.

fire_of_avalon
03-24-2004, 03:04 AM
I love the original, and you can't blame Fred Durst for covering something that touched him. I don't think he's very talented, but I do think he sings it with alot of passion, which is nice to see. The people who think Fred Durst wrote it need you to push them in the right direction. Or suffer.

jrgen
03-24-2004, 11:50 AM
You don't need a reason for wanting Fred Durst dead.

Skogs
03-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by jrgen
You don't need a reason for wanting Fred Durst dead.

Why? If you don't like his music, don't listen to it.

jrgen
03-24-2004, 05:26 PM
It's impossible to ignore the tard.
Everyone listens to them and you can't turn on the
television without having to see him and hear his extremely annoying voice.

fire_of_avalon
03-25-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by jrgen
It's impossible to ignore the tard.
Everyone listens to them and you can't turn on the
television without having to see him and hear his extremely annoying voice.
Nothing is impossible. Stop watching TV, der. I didn't know he'd redone the song until I was home on break two weeks ago. TV is bad for you.

Mr. Graves
03-26-2004, 12:20 AM
I thought Hating Durst/Biskit was the cool thing to do these days. o_O I remember when worshipping him/them was the cool thing to do. It makes me regret high school.

I've not heard the song. But I'll gladly take you guys' word for it. Nothing they've done ever impressed me.

Mr_Bojangless
03-26-2004, 12:46 AM
They did a great job with Faith. That is one of the best covers of all time. But with Behind Blue Eyes, I'm definetly with you on that one. "L-I-M-P... Discover" hahahahaha what a horrible cover.

Agent Proto
03-26-2004, 10:47 PM
I thought the song was good from the beginning, but then you hear his voice getting all grungy in some parts of the song and then there's the last half of the song which is just dumb.

Anyway, the song is just a horribly done cover of the original. :P

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-28-2004, 01:39 AM
i liek limp bizket :aimsad:

The Man
03-31-2004, 02:52 AM
The most annoying thing about LB's cover of Behind Blue Eyes is that it doesn't contain the best part of the song. That doesn't matter, though, because they did a horrible job with the rest of it as well.

Silverlocke
03-31-2004, 04:12 PM
I expected Limp Bizkit trying to be The Who to be worse than this, actually. But it's not really worth listening to...he just sticks to the mood of the first couple verses the whole way through and tries to be as true to Townshend/Daltrey as possible, which makes for an uninteresting, unnecessary cover, but not a terrible one. Not as bad as 'Faith' anyway. And he added a new verse to BBE out of nowhere, didn't he? What the hell's up with that?

Duo
03-31-2004, 04:36 PM
I'm afraid Fred Durst is a problem that only be solved by complete extermination.

Sorry. :(

Freya Coral
04-17-2004, 03:59 AM
I'm afraid Fred Durst is a problem that only be solved by complete extermination.

Sorry. :(

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can't comment, too busy laughing my head off (will continue to laugh for the next century).

Seriously, though, it does make me ashamed of that part of high school when liking Fred Durst/Limp Bizkit was the "cool" thing to do. I hate to admit it now, but I thought FD was hot back then. :yuck: I bought Significant Other, and most of the songs that weren't played on the radio a million times a day were pretty good.

My take on Behind Blue Eyes... I hate FD now for ruining that song. The Who is one of my all-time favorite bands, and whenever I hear LB's version of BBE, I immediately change the station. Just hearing it makes me mad. I liked LB's version of Faith, but FD should be executed for doing BBE. :mad2:

TheAbominatrix
04-17-2004, 04:13 AM
The Who are too amazing for words. Limp Bizkit has always been crappy, and Fred Durst is just... ugh. If I started to describe it it'd be a paragraph of nasty words. I havent heard this cover, I dont want to. Crappy bands needs to stick to their own crap, not destroy beautiful music.

The Man
04-17-2004, 07:24 AM
The Who are too amazing for words. Limp Bizkit has always been crappy, and Fred Durst is just... ugh. If I started to describe it it'd be a paragraph of nasty words.
How would this beautiful obscenity-ridden post (http://foolsgold.kicks-ass.net/forum/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=127760) do? ;)

Crappy bands needs to stick to their own crap, not destroy beautiful music.
Agreed 100%

TheAbominatrix
04-17-2004, 09:48 AM
How would this beautiful obscenity-ridden post (http://foolsgold.kicks-ass.net/forum/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=127760) do? ;)

That works for me! :D

Outsider
04-17-2004, 03:47 PM
A few years ago I would agreee that Fred Durst should "die a slowly and horrible death". Now I think it just wouldn't be enough.

I can't really express how much I hate Limp Bizkit, but when I listen to it I want the sky to crack and rain fire upon us all.

Casey
04-19-2004, 05:21 AM
As much as alot of people hate fred durst, I like the song. :D