PDA

View Full Version : What songs would you like to see covered? oh, and splits too.

LH
03-24-2004, 12:47 AM
As the title implies, I'm curious to see which songs you would like to be covered.

Two songs that desperately need to be covered are "Wherever I May Roam" by Metallica and "American Jesus" by Bad Religion. Tool's "Sober" should be covered by any band other than Staind.

And which bands would you like to see do a split album? (A split is when two bands cover six or seven of eachother's songs on one album.) I'd like to see a Hatebreed-Slayer split. Bad Religion-Pennywise and AFI-Tiger Army too. And Tool-Deftones.

fire_of_avalon
03-24-2004, 03:08 AM
I disagree with your Tool/Deftones split, but that's because I don't like the Deftones :tongue:

I would love to see somebody try to pull some Doors covers, just to see if anybody can do justice to Jim Morrison. Roadhouse Blues in particular is one I can see being covered.

EDIT : RADAR LOVE!!! *is happy*

Meow
03-24-2004, 03:22 AM
Jay-Z and the Beatles.

Mr_Bojangless
03-24-2004, 06:11 AM
Air Supply - I'm All Out of Love

Skogs
03-24-2004, 09:41 AM
No one other than Tool should play Tool songs. :mad2:

jrgen
03-24-2004, 11:46 AM
I want the good songs to remain untouched.

fire_of_avalon
03-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Skogs
*nods*

LH
03-24-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Skogs

You think? I'd be curious to see what Tool's style would sound like when emulated by a normal band.

Leeza
03-24-2004, 06:33 PM
Anyone playing Tool songs other than Tool will just undoubtedly wreck them. Not something that I'd like to hear. Although I would like to hear Tool play songs by almost anyone else because they would make them all good, I'm sure. :) Except that Tool is no more...so I'd be happy with A Perfect Circle making cover songs.

jrgen
03-24-2004, 08:40 PM
I never really liked Tool.
However the lyrics to "Die Eier, balls of satan" or what the title was is hilarious.

LH
03-24-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Leeza
Except that Tool is no more...

Deadly rumor begone! ;) Tool's still together, they even have a new album in the works as we speak now. (toolshed.com has more info.) It's been about three years since Lateralus so we can expect this one in about another year. :D

jrgen: did you know that it's a cookie recipe?

Lament
03-24-2004, 10:52 PM
mm, don't know if it counts but I really want to cover some Nightwish... :love: I can play a lot of their stuff pretty well and would love to do a small tribute to them just once... wish me luck finding a singer though. :mad:

I had a lot of fun in the past doing a couple of Rammstein songs with the band. took ages to "perfect" the voice style and accent, while still remembering how to play keyboards, but it always got a really great crowd response :) always makes it worth the effort.

As for what bands I would like to see cover existing songs, I don't know... I wish they wouldn't bother unless they're prepared to do a really good job. Nowadays they really just butcher them. Best to leave a good song how it is. they can do what they like to songs that already suck though. A local metal band called Chaos Weeps did a feckin' HILARIOUS cover of Skater Boy in the style of Cradle of Filth. I nearly wet myself with laughter, but bless them they played rather well and the audience loved it.

Meow
03-25-2004, 06:15 AM
In my opinion, not even Tool should play Tool songs. :(

Lots of folks disagree with me.

eestlinc
03-25-2004, 06:19 AM
Radiohead and Stereolab should do each other. Thom Yorke singing Three Dee Melodie and Laetitia Sadier singing Like Spinning Plates!

Reason
03-25-2004, 03:00 PM
Britney should do that song... "I love rock'n'roll". NO WAIT, SHE SHOULDN'T. >=O

Am I the only one who's managed not to hear a single Tool-song?

I think somebody should cover some Jimmy Eat World-songs. That might be nice. :)

White Raven
03-25-2004, 03:54 PM
I would much prefer that no songs ever be covered. The songs are how a unique artist imagined them as.

I have yet to see a Led Zeppelin cover...are there any out there? I know someone uses the melody to Kasmir in a rap song.

jrgen
03-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster LH
jrgen: did you know that it's a cookie recipe? Would it be funny otherwise?
I am very tempted to try it sometime.
Although all I remember is that it's supposed to be "keine Eier"(no eggs) in it.

@Lament: Keep up the Rammstein covering. :thumb:

Leeza
03-25-2004, 10:10 PM
<i>Deadly rumor begone! ;) Tool's still together, they even have a new album in the works as we speak now. (toolshed.com has more info.)</i> - Grandmaster LH

You're right! I should research this more instead of listening to rumors, but toolshed.com is a software site. :)

Mr. Graves
03-26-2004, 12:31 AM
I'd love to hear some heavy rock band cover Micheal Jackson's "Billie Jean" or "Bad", like Alien Ant Farm did to "Smooth Criminal". Now that would be nice. =)

LH
03-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Leeza
You're right! I should research this more instead of listening to rumors, but toolshed.com is a software site. :)

:rolleyes2 toolshed? Where did I get that from? :laugh: Here, it's more like toolband.com.