PDA

View Full Version : kill bill vol.2

gnu factory choice
03-24-2004, 02:24 AM
any of you here kill bill fans? vol. 2 is due up in april... that is if they don't bump up the release date again (supposed to have come out in February). it looks sooooooooooooo awesome and vol. 1 just kicked ass.

Mr. Graves
03-24-2004, 02:46 AM
Yes, I'm anxious about it. Saw Vol. 1 and loved it. I'm not expecting too much, as sequals tend to be less than the original (I know Vol. 2 was filmed right after Vol. 1, but still....) , but this atops my "to see" list.

Thunday Man
03-24-2004, 04:37 AM
I already killed Bill.

Well, technicly my friend did. According to his bnet account, KilledBill

Calliope
03-25-2004, 05:16 AM
The Prettiness!

Breine
03-25-2004, 01:52 PM
I can't wait!! *going crazy because of all the waiting* Argh! I wanna see it!

Cid
03-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I can't wait.

Peegee
03-27-2004, 12:54 PM
I wonder if there will be esoteria involving westerns. I should go watch some westerns just to be on the safe side.

BTW I was supposed to get a Kill Bill vol 1 DVD months ago...I should look into that.

gnu factory choice
03-28-2004, 04:24 AM
vol.1 dvd is coming out on april 14th, and i think there will be a western feeling to the movie..probably the music. check out vol.1 tracks 3 (the grand duel) and 14 (the lonely shepard).

heres a link to some of the vol. 2 commercials

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/2...ailer-page.html

the film just looks too awesome. and by the way i hear that apparently ebert and roeper have reviewed it already and gave it 2 thumbs way up. they say it was better than vol.1 had less violence but more story and a more Quentin Tarantino style dialogue.

Edit by Big D: Please use the 'edit/delete' button to change your posts, it's better than posting twice in a row:)

Peegee
04-05-2004, 03:28 AM
DVD is 'released' soon after the first movie. Screener or whatever, but it was released. I should look into that now *goes*

Dingo Jellybean
04-05-2004, 03:32 AM
Well, it's not really a sequel...just the 2nd part of a long movie. And yes, I will most likely see it within a few weeks of the release.

Peegee
04-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Downloading KB vol 1 dvd now.. shhh

KB v 2 is going to be the first theater movie I will (well plan to) see in a long time. Yay!

RSL
04-05-2004, 11:26 PM
I loved the first Kill Bill and will definitely see the second. However, I worry that it may disappoint and fail to live up to the first one's greatness. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

Peegee
04-06-2004, 06:16 AM
There's something about the first movie that I didn't like. I think it is that our favourite Bride seems to be invincible yet was totally taken out at first -- what's the deal? And with virtually no background revelation (though I could argue that the man with the sword in the anime scene is Bill), I had nothing to work with except that the Bride wanted revenge. That's not much of a story imho.

I am expecting that vol 2 will overwhelm me with character development/history/whatever. Oh and the action sequences will probably leave me shocked just like Matrix 1 did but not 2 or 3 :)

Wait....I change my mind. If M2 and 3 are any indication of sequels of really kick-ass movies, KB v2 won't be that great :(

Then again it IS Terrantino, and though overhyped still delivers. I'm so torn.

haha

tomothy
04-06-2004, 11:15 AM
didn't they just make him split it up beacuse it would have gone for around 4 hours. i dont think when written it was supposed to be two movies. but then again i am probably wrong, as usual. :mad:

gnu factory choice
04-06-2004, 03:38 PM
no man you are quite right. originally it was supposed to be one movie but i think ?miramax? made him split it into 2 parts. I don't think Quentin was too upset about this because now he can make it longer. :D

Three6Mafia
04-06-2004, 06:26 PM
never saw the first one but downloading the 2nd one right now from bit torrent. will probably wait until i see the 1st one b4 i check the 2nd one out. looks good

Mikztsu
04-06-2004, 07:06 PM
I can't wait either.:)

Big Ogre Umaro
04-07-2004, 05:53 AM
never saw the first one but downloading the 2nd one right now from bit torrent. will probably wait until i see the 1st one b4 i check the 2nd one out. looks good
:)

Peegee
04-07-2004, 04:30 PM
downloading the 2nd one off BT? How where?

Sephex
04-07-2004, 04:45 PM
I liked the first one, and I will go see the second one for sure.

Axamenta
04-08-2004, 08:41 PM
I have always appreciated Tarantino for his incredibly sharp dialogues, heavy character development and the fact that his films were filled to the brim with violence, without it ever being unfunctional.

So, to me, Kill Bill Vol. 1 was a complete atrocity, since it was just violence, and none of the others. AND the violence was unfunctional. I'm expecting Vol. 2 will make up for this or I will be very disappointed and sad.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
04-14-2004, 05:12 AM
There's something about the first movie that I didn't like. I think it is that our favourite Bride seems to be invincible yet was totally taken out at first -- what's the deal? And with virtually no background revelation (though I could argue that the man with the sword in the anime scene is Bill), I had nothing to work with except that the Bride wanted revenge. That's not much of a story imho.

haha

spoilers aware........just incase

ok the reason why she was taken out at first was because it was 4 verses 1.....all attacked her at once and she was pregnant so i guess thats the reason why she was "totally taken out".

Tarintino said that there will be major character development in v.2 he said it would be slowed down abit and things will be explained (eg. why elle driver lost her eye). So iguess volume 2 would make up for the voilence in number one.

Kill bill volume one is great....one of my fav. movies mainly because of the jap samurai and western influences....love that move cant wait for number 2.....comes out april 22 here in australia....

Snowman
04-15-2004, 06:48 PM
killbill V1 was magnificent, his best yet and on manyt levels.

if you go there expecting a serious movie youll be dissapointed, it's a brill comedy.

but the best bit is the swordwork, it's one of the best ever seen in cinima along with equalibrium and thats big if im saying it...ive been involved with broadswords all my life to the point where i teach it today and it takes alot to impress me let alone entertain me. it was a personnal kick to see a fight against many opponants since we teach the same thing...depending on the night and who turns up when you have a go you could be facing anything from three people to fifteen at teh same time not to mention the blind fold fighting, that always builds peoples confidence and the fact killbill incorperated all these elements was fantastic. ive found many people who romantisie sword fighting and have never actually had to weild a sword hate the movie and think it''s a abloody mess....well i garentee it isnt.

then theres Uma....shes really taken to swordwork and dedicated to her role. it's seldom you see that look of concentration, fear, happyness during a movie fightscene which makes it realistic because they really are going through that. you dont see Uma the actress or the bride...your witnessing the REAL Uma. Only christian bale has manged such a feat in hollywood for a long time and if tarentino keeps it up it will be a good flick.

what greater motivation is there than seeking justice for the murder of your loved ones and your baby. this is the truest chick flick, only a women can understand what it means to have a child inside of them and so it's much stronger in story to women than men.

it's an action film...if you want plot watch shindlers list...and wish they had picked up a sword

Bernhard
04-15-2004, 10:09 PM
The first one was all looks and no depth, but I'm still going to give vol. 2 an honest chance. But I'm not going to see in it the cinema; I'll probably rent it on DVD. I made that mistake with the first one.

Peegee
04-16-2004, 01:12 AM
The first one had a good pace. The second one's going to be all over the map with The Bride/Bil's history, The Bride being trained, and what-not. However Elle Driver and the Bride will go at it with swords, which will be wicked, and we get to see Bill's past or something.

I think it will be a fine movie. Nothing as marvellous as when I first saw the first one though. I'm just too jaded.

Snowman
04-16-2004, 02:51 PM
actually i think the first had alot of depth, hell it even gave us a detailed background on the villian who took up the biggest chunk of the movie, most flicks wouldnt bother looking into the path that led to villiany...most movies arent that clever, just cardboard cut outs.

the plots simple because the brides life and purpose is now simple. she doesnt want to live, she hopes she will be killed in combat. EVERYTHING has been taken from her, she doesnt yet know her child lives....her body was raped countless times while she lay in a coma....so she wants justice and revenge...theres nothing more in her life...she doesnt want to exist without her child....all she wants is to KILLBILL.

Buffy
04-16-2004, 04:14 PM
All i can say is,I cant wait to see it,and im GONNA see it(Even if it kills me...or i have to kill some one else) :eek: :p :D