PDA

View Full Version : Does her face LOOK different?

Cinna
03-24-2004, 02:34 AM
Is it just me, or does CG yuna's face look different from FFX? She looks normal when she's wearing her original outfit, but everywhere else...is it her nose, or face, i don't know, but she LOOKS different!!!

TheAbominatrix
03-24-2004, 02:36 AM
Not really, no.

Kupo
03-24-2004, 02:47 AM
I noticed that too, but not so much in the CG rendering as in the in-game. For that, I'd say that there's a little teeny bit of a difference... I don't know the technical term for it, but it's like... the facial expressions are more detailed- esp. the eyes. I'd say there is a difference, albeit slight.

Siwolae
03-24-2004, 04:32 AM
yes. i think she does look different. it looks like she had some work done on her face...but my friend thinks that it's just the make-up doing the trick. ^_^

Del Murder
03-24-2004, 05:37 AM
I've noticed it. She looks more real rather than cartoony. It probably has something to do with graphics capabilities, but I don't really follow that stuff.

Kupo
03-24-2004, 12:55 PM
That's what I was thinking too. She's definitely got some make-up on, and I'd say her face is a lot more.... defined. As is her entire person.

Me: Hey Yuna, are those real?
Yuna: Yeah they're real. Real EXPENSIVE.

But in any case, I think she looked nice in FFX, and they've just tweaked how she looked a little bit for X-2. And after all, she was what, 17 or 18 when she defeated Sin? It's been two years, so I suppose her appearance would still be changing a little bit :moggie:

SeeDRankLou
03-24-2004, 06:47 PM
I see it. It's a slight difference, but I see it. It's not nearly as bad as FFX in-game Rikku vs. CG Rikku, but I do see the difference of which you speak.

eternalshiva
03-25-2004, 03:10 AM
Actually I thought there was a huge difference. But in the More Mature sense. She looks more adult that in FFX. her face is more square, less childish.

Penance99999
03-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Yes she does look much different in the CG. In game its just a different outfit, and different hair style. She looks a bit taller also.

Rikku looks much different in CG also. I never liked how they made her look American in gameplay then asian in the CG. They should have just stuck to one thing and be done with it.

However FFX-2 fixed Rikku up nice and good. They are all pleasently uprgraded in X-2 IMO.

DMKA
03-25-2004, 11:53 AM
I noticed this as well...I thought it was just me though.

zacks_clone
03-25-2004, 05:20 PM
I swear it is her neck.To wide,it makes her appear shorter.I really...dont like the way she looks in the ending scean at all.blah.i also believe she is tanner in color

Svartalv
03-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
Actually I thought there was a huge difference. But in the More Mature sense. She looks more adult that in FFX. her face is more square, less childish.

If only she could had behaved more adult too, instead of the other way around... Well, I guess that's what happens when you are around Rikku too long.

I really liked her better in FFX, but at least the voice actor did a better job on FFX-2.

Imperia
03-31-2004, 01:57 AM
In the drawings and in the game's field, she looks the same as she was, but I think she looks very different in the FMV from how she looked in FFX.

Sephex
04-01-2004, 06:04 PM
I have noticed a difference, but it isn't too dramatic or anything. Doesn't amke a difference to me anyway!

The_Princess
05-24-2004, 01:15 PM
Wow ! I thought I was the only one who thought that ! She looks incredibly different, I thought, in the FMVs. Her eyes are, like, six shades lighter than they were in the first one, and she's... different. I mean, you can still tell that she's Yuna... just very different.

Silmaril
05-24-2004, 01:48 PM
she does. it's the outfit.

DMKA
05-24-2004, 04:44 PM
http://img62.photobucket.com/albums/v190/devilmaykickass/yunas.jpg
Her lips have a hell of a different shade it seems, in X they stood out alot more. Also, her eyes and nose look a tad different as well...or maybe its just me.

Master Quan
05-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Its just her facial structure has changed, she's gotten older and as a result her face has got less round, like a childs round face

All i know is that in terms of appearence and actions and job, she now a slut and wants to have sex with the closest thing that resembles tidus.

Greeneyes
05-28-2004, 06:19 PM
devilmaykickass, good job on the graphics comparisons. :) A picture is worth a thousand words.

Yes, her facial structure has changed. She looks more "bloated" around the cheekbones and her eyes seem wider apart.

Cloudane
05-28-2004, 09:51 PM
Her face looks a little 'fatter' I think... perhaps she's been on the chocolates a lot since defeating Sin :)

Starcrest
06-03-2004, 02:31 AM
So it wasn't just me lol

DMKA
06-04-2004, 05:32 AM
devilmaykickass, good job on the graphics comparisons. A picture is worth a thousand words.
Yes indeed. :D

Rinoabella
06-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Her face was probably perfected/upgraded in some way when they made FFX-2. However, it's very subtle and I cannot notice the different. I think her new hairstyle changes the way she looks.

Misfit
06-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Her face was probably perfected/upgraded in some way when they made FFX-2. However, it's very subtle and I cannot notice the different. I think her new hairstyle changes the way she looks.
I agree with what she said. *nods*

Sefie1999AD
06-04-2004, 04:41 PM
devilmaykickass, good job on the graphics comparisons. :) A picture is worth a thousand words.

Pun included? :p

Anyway, I think it's because Yuna's got 2 years older. FFX-2 was also made a few years after FFX, so the graphics have improved a bit. I didn't like Yuna in FFX, neither her face nor her outfit, but in FFX-2 she looks beautiful. :love: And good thing Yuna looks about the same in FMVs as with the in-game graphics in FFX-2. In FFX, she looked something like an American in the game, and she looked Japanese in FMVs.

Snowman
06-05-2004, 07:51 PM
both rikku and yuna have been redeveloped for the game....in both graphics and CGI, theres small things the girls can do now they couldnt in X, i keep telling people but most wont belive me. it makes sense if teh game is slightly more...developed for a sequal that the girls would be re-renderd

Cloudane
06-06-2004, 10:37 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words.

LOL :D

I wonder why she didn't just show him a picture. Then again, "1 picture never shown" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as "1000 words never spoken"