PDA

View Full Version : Is this FF even worth it?

TasteyPies
03-24-2004, 04:16 AM
Game: Alot of money
Internet addapter: Alot of money
Account: Alot of money

People is this game worth what you pay? i wanna know before i waste all this money....

Rostum
03-24-2004, 06:10 AM
Only you will know if it's worth the money. It's actually not THAT much money anyways. I've hard hours upon hours of endless fun, although it does get a bit tedious with the leveling up... but still.

Anyways, it was worth the money to me. But I guess you'll have to see for youself. It is time consuming though and it's nothing like the other FF's except the basic elements and such.

Lionx
03-24-2004, 06:45 AM
Please keep in mind this is an MMORPG, and not your causal basic RPG. You need to invest alot of time in this game to accomplish things, and also keep in consideration that theres other people behind those character models. If you like EverQuest and Ragnarok Online, you will definetly like this game, and its the BEST MMO up to date.

And yes Omecle is right, only you can see if this is worth it. ^^;

TasteyPies
03-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Yeah i have played mmorpgs before, im playing Dark Age Of Camelot, for about a year now, still only level 38 its a LONG game with ALOT of gameplay

Im not too sure i want to take the gamble with ff11 though....

Lionx
03-25-2004, 12:24 AM
Its up to you, DoAC is full of PKing while FFXI to me is cooperative work and alot of time spent. Its not easy to get the things you need and its a BIG accomplishment to get a spell sometimes. Its really up to you.

Thunday Man
03-25-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by lionx
Its up to you, DoAC is full of PKing while FFXI to me is cooperative work and alot of time spent. Its not easy to get the things you need and its a BIG accomplishment to get a spell sometimes. Its really up to you.

As for DAOC is "full of Pking" Wrong. Unless you join a PVP server. The only time you will ever get PKed is if you teleport into a BATTLEGROUND (where your purposely go to fight other players) or the FRONTIER (which only lvl 50s go to to PVP). So you dont just walk around and get PKed. Its not a UO.

Originally posted by TasteyPies
Yeah i have played mmorpgs before, im playing Dark Age Of Camelot, for about a year now, still only level 38 its a LONG game with ALOT of gameplay

Im not too sure i want to take the gamble with ff11 though....

a year of playing and only lvl 38? Wow. I got a 50 Chanter in 15 days (not days played, real time.) in half a month.

And BTW, you do know that FFXI will have PVP implemented into correct? They are working on it.

Please keep in mind this is an MMORPG, and not your causal basic RPG. You need to invest alot of time in this game to accomplish things, and also keep in consideration that theres other people behind those character models. If you like EverQuest and Ragnarok Online, you will definetly like this game, and its the BEST MMO up to date.

And yes Omecle is right, only you can see if this is worth it. ^^;

You cant really say its the BEST MMORPG. DAOC still has alot more members. Many many many people like myself, think the game is kind of boring for a MMORPG. Ive gone through about 5 so far, and DAOC comes out on the top of my list clearly. EQ was better than FFXI I'd say. EQ even has better battle system I'd say (due to it being fast paced and having alot more spells, compared to FFXI which battles are slow.) and a much better market. I liked the market place, but I did not like that there were so few items! So yeah, you can't really say that FFXI is the BEST mmorpg out there, when it doesnt have the pure numbers and support of many players. It draws many people to it, but its not holding as many as other games.

Lionx
03-25-2004, 01:27 AM
As for DAOC is "full of Pking" Wrong. Unless you join a PVP server. The only time you will ever get PKed is if you teleport into a BATTLEGROUND (where your purposely go to fight other players) or the FRONTIER (which only lvl 50s go to to PVP). So you dont just walk around and get PKed. Its not a UO.

Just shows that i dont know to omuch about this game XP I just heard not many liked it at least from my crowd.

I got a 50 Chanter in 15 days (not days played, real time.) in half a month.

That isnt possible in FFXI...after you reach lvl 50 in well 3-4 months(assuming you did everything to make ur job the best it can be), the lvls will slow down and you will have to work hard to lvl.

You cant really say its the BEST MMORPG. DAOC still has alot more members. Many many many people like myself, think the game is kind of boring for a MMORPG. Ive gone through about 5 so far, and DAOC comes out on the top of my list clearly. EQ was better than FFXI I'd say. EQ even has better battle system I'd say (due to it being fast paced and having alot more spells, compared to FFXI which battles are slow.) and a much better market. I liked the market place, but I did not like that there were so few items! So yeah, you can't really say that FFXI is the BEST mmorpg out there, when it doesnt have the pure numbers and support of many players. It draws many people to it, but its not holding as many as other games.

Its my opinion its the best, and also you can read what other reviewers say like www.rpgfan.com or something like that. The point is that, i find this game way better than EQ with their system. Many just dont leave one game or another because of their time invested in their character. And no FFXI battles are not slow if you actually have a good party. Statics usually make it faster, but sometimes too many short battles also make things boring. It also sports 1,000,000 characters even though some can be mules. So to me it is the best one out compared to many else iseen. What is your opinion is yours, i dont bash your ideas.

Skillchains with special linking combinations with magic bursting is fun, an acutal story(if you beat m6 it will start getting better), and cutscences also seperate this game from EQ. Its way more of an MMORPG than an RPG i agree, but it also does give off that RPG FF feel at the same time which is something i like. I will say this game isnt for everyone, but the same can be said about DoAC and every other damn game out there. Just because you didnt like it doesnt mean that me, or the orignal poster will hate it as well.

TasteyPies
03-25-2004, 03:28 AM

That isnt possible in FFXI...after you reach lvl 50 in well 3-4 months(assuming you did everything to make ur job the best it can be), the lvls will slow down and you will have to work hard to lvl.

Its not possible in DAoC either unless your a necromancer *cough* cheating class *cough*

I have seen necros go from 20-40 in 4 days and thats amazing

An enchanter cant go from 1-50 in 15 days, and if you managed to do that you have a serious problem and you need to start sleeping. Insomnia is no laughing matter.

Or perhaps im just ignorant because i dont play hibernia much but im pretty sure necros are the fastest class

Lionx dont worry, most classes in DAoC level verry slowly. Longest i have seen was my brother in law who played a scout, it took him like 6 months ACTUAL play time to hit the big 5-0

Edgar
03-27-2004, 03:21 PM
EQ is degrading, ever since the Luclin days. FoH knows it, AL knows it, AV knows it. Gates of Discord makes it worse. There is quite a number of people awaiting better MMORPGs to play. Unfortunately, few plans on going to EQ2 or staying at DAoC or AC2 and they are pretty angry with SWG being so...bad in their opinions compared to EQ. Right now, people are waiting for World of Warcraft.

I'm installing FFXI now and see how it goes.

TasteyPies
03-28-2004, 01:43 AM
If i wasnt a FF fan DAoC would be theo nly thing i played i dont play Final Fantasy for the game i play it cause of the reputation of not dissapointing me as much as some other games have.

Like anything can beat this, Uber graphics my friend Screenshot from about 4 mins ago

(and my pc sucks it looks 1,000 times better on my sisters pc)

Rostum
03-28-2004, 09:58 AM
You're very shallow, you play FF for it's reputation? Usualy you like a series because they are good games and now because it's well known around the world. No one really cares about graphics either, as long as the gameplay is good, so don't care what your PC or your sisters PC can do.

TasteyPies
03-28-2004, 08:15 PM
Im saying i played ff8 and loved it, and i play other ffs hoping they will be as good as ff8

Rostum
03-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Heh, they're all better than FF8. =P

Lionx
03-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Try beating this, this is Jeuno, a city and its only my crappy GeForce2 MX card too.

TasteyPies
03-28-2004, 11:56 PM
Hmm pretty well matched