PDA

View Full Version : Morning Person?

The Captain
03-25-2004, 05:57 AM
Are you a morning person, someone who can get up and feel refreshed, or do you need a cup of coffee or twenty?

Or, are you someone who skips mornings all together and sleeps through onto the afternoon, but stays up all night possibly?

I'm definitely the third choice. I'm terrible about getting up in the morning. In fact, in choosing my classes for next year, I made sure I have none before 2pm.

Take care all.

Calliope
03-25-2004, 06:05 AM
I bet you can't guess which one I picked!

Yesterday I slept most of the day and then stayed up being bored because I wasn't allowed to make noise. Panzers. I wish I could choose late person classes.

The Captain
03-25-2004, 06:09 AM
I think I can safely guess which ones you didn't though...

Granted, we all probably fit into more than one category, but which do you find yourself falling into the most?

Take care all.

Del Murder
03-25-2004, 06:10 AM
Hell no.

fire_of_avalon
03-25-2004, 06:31 AM
Define morning. If I can get up after 7AM, I'm usually pretty cheerful, no matter how late I stay up. But it I have to wake up before 7.....you will all pay.....

Ariel
03-25-2004, 06:35 AM
*nodnod* I'm pretty decent in the mornings, if I've had a good six hours or so resting. If I haven't, I'll stumble through the day feeling miffed and half dead. D:

eestlinc
03-25-2004, 06:46 AM
I get to see sunrises because I'm still up. Being up for the sunrise is nice. sleeping from 6 to noon is good too.

Rainecloud
03-25-2004, 07:18 AM
I get up earlier than most people, but I don't feel truly awake until I've had my cup of tea. I would definitely say that I am a 'Morning Person', as I don't often stay up into the early hours of the morning as most people my age tend to do these days. My earliest 'bedtime' is 9:30pm, and my absolute latest bedtime is 11:00pm.

o_O
03-25-2004, 07:27 AM
Sleep, Bah! Mortals!

Mr_Bojangless
03-25-2004, 08:05 AM
I always b*tch about gettin up in the morning, I hate it. I normally wake up at around 2 in the afternoon

Shlup
03-25-2004, 08:46 AM
I hate mornings. I hate mornings so much. Whenever a stupid survery asks when the worst time of my life was I say that every morning I've had to get up before noon. No matter how long I've slept, its a very unpleasant experience.

Meat Puppet
03-25-2004, 09:19 AM
I like waking up and seeing my girlfriend. However, I don't like waking up and seeing a 400pound heffer smiling at me.

Misfit
03-25-2004, 12:29 PM
I am not a morning person. Just wake me for dinner!

moston kid
03-25-2004, 12:35 PM
i wake up about 6:30AM and i feel refreshed and ready to go. go to bed about 3AM

Breine
03-25-2004, 01:51 PM
I'm NOT a morning person. It's hard for me to wake up, even when my parents tries to wake me up, and when I'm awake I'm pissed as hell! I don't like mornings! :mad: *blah*

Kirobaito
03-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Geez, I hate mornings. Unfortunately, I have school at 7:30 every morning, so I'm forced to see this part of the day. But during the summers, I go to bed around 2 or 3 and wake up around...2 or 3. I need LOTS of sleep.

Xander
03-25-2004, 03:16 PM
I hate getting up early, but I hate sleeping in cos I always feel icky if I wake up anytime after 11. >_<

I'm a nightowl though, I like to stay up till about 3 or 4 in the morning if I can, hehe.

Kirobaito
03-25-2004, 03:17 PM
If you sleep in (like I do), it begins a wonderful cycle, because you can't go to sleep at a proper time, thus you sleep in again.

Mikztsu
03-25-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm awful morning person. I hate it since the alarm clock starts ringing.

Saturday and sunday mornings are better though. I love them because there's no hurry anywhere. :)

Duo
03-25-2004, 04:43 PM
No.... I have the rather unfortunate habit of sleeping far too long. Mostly because I don't get to sleep tile about 5 or 6 am.

:(

Bernhard
03-25-2004, 05:14 PM
Even though I love being awake to see the sunrise, I'm most definitely not a morning person. If I'm going to be 100% refreshed, I don't want to get up earlier than 10 A.M.

eternalshiva
03-25-2004, 05:30 PM
I don;t talk to anyone until I've had my coffee. Saves me from getting into trouble xD

Yamaneko
03-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Del Murder
Hell no.

Meow
03-25-2004, 09:07 PM
i can be up pretty much whenever, so long as i've had the sleep. When i was younger i was a total morning person; i got up at six or seven even on the weekends.

Since i go to bed pretty consistently at two these days, i don't do mornings well anymore, but it isn't out of any inherent distaste or incompatibility. Mornings can be nice.

So essentially, i'm pretty flexible.

<b>EDIT:</b> Ooh, but i'm definitely taking the "not enough sleep" option. i couldn't even tell you the last time i got over six and a half hours, and it's usually more like five.

Lindy
03-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Morning, evening, day, night, what's the difference anyway?

Just the position of the sun!

Break free of the social norms and awake and sleep whenever you wish!

Ignore your biological urges and your body clock's desires!

Sleep and rise whenever you wish!

Vive la revolution!

Or, in other words, I'll stay in bed all day if I can.

Thunday Man
03-25-2004, 10:10 PM
In the summer i wake up at about 7....

When its time for dinner :D Party all night, and sleep all day.

Shoyku
03-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Del Murder, but then quoted by Yamaneko, who didn't add <i>anything</i> else. I'm doing the same.
Hell no.

Talus
03-25-2004, 10:33 PM
MPs on the hill;
We're locked and loaded ready to kill;
Watch the enemies blood spill;
So early, so early, so early in the morning.

It wouldn't be PT unless you're in formation by 0450 hours. It's all about the mornings in my line of work.

HanaKirei
03-25-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm NOT a morning person, not at all. Which is why school is oh-so fun...waking up at 6am every day. X_X No matter how early I go to sleep, I'll still be tired when that stupid alarm goes off. Doesn't help that most of the time I don't go to sleep until late at night anyway, because that's just what I do. Then one night a week I'll just collapse and sleep a lot.

During the summer I'm fine though. Stay up till 10am or until I'm so tired I can't see straight anymore, then sleep for a few hours and do it all over again. Nothing quite beats seeing a sunrise while you're RPing online in the wee hours of the morning. ^^ Heck, I remember last summer I had a 'stay-awake' contest with this friend of mine. Lasted four days or so without any sleep, and I won. 'Course, that's kinda irrelevant to whether or not I'm a morning person.

So, yeah, I'm not a good morning person. Not at all. Unless I'm staying in an unfamiliar place, then I'll always be up bright and early.

Killy
03-25-2004, 11:47 PM
I usually wake up at 7 during the week, 8-9 during weekends. But during the summer, I wake up later than that, usually at noon.

RSL
03-25-2004, 11:47 PM
I get up at 6 a.m. every day. I've gotten used to it. If I sleep past 8 on my day off I feel like I was in bed forever.

The Captain
03-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Yes, there's definitely a strange feeling that we all seem to get if we get TOO much sleep as well. Have you ever slept for so long that you wake up even more tired?

Take care all.

Mr. Graves
03-25-2004, 11:57 PM
It'd sure be nice if I could go to work in the afternoon and be able to stay up until 6 AM, but Then I'd have to take night classes at college, and I'd just get stressed. But, hey, I love the night sky. Shame I'll never know how it feels. =(

At any rate, I get up at 8 AM every morning, and whether I feel refreshed or not would depend on the amount of sleep I had. Last night I got 6 hours, so I coulld've been more refreshed than I was. Oh well.

*votes the first option*

Thunday Man
03-26-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by The Captain
Yes, there's definitely a strange feeling that we all seem to get if we get TOO much sleep as well. Have you ever slept for so long that you wake up even more tired?

Take care all.

Yes, for some reason im like that on 8 hours of sleep. Thats too much for me. I function the best on 5-6 hours.

The Captain
03-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Same here. I function better on less sleep. NO sleep and I can't function mind you, but anywhere from 5 to 7 hours and I'm fine.

Take care all.

SeeDRankLou
03-26-2004, 12:17 AM
I hate mornings. It takes all the energy I have just to get out of bed, and then I useless to the world for about an hour, many times because I'm hungover. Then I have some random food that I can find and I'm good to go. I don't usually go to sleep until about 3 or 4. The only time I see the sunrise is sometimes when I go to sleep that late.

crono_logical
03-26-2004, 12:25 AM
I've been waking up at around midnight lately :p

EternalBahamut
03-26-2004, 01:07 AM
I go to bed around 4 in the morning and get up around 7:30 - 8 everyday with my daughter and I hate it. Not being with my daughter but if I could sleep all day and get away with it, I would never get up

eternalshiva
03-26-2004, 01:24 AM
well mister, you get home at one. You 'could' go to bed at 2 you know, and get 6 hours of sleep >.< :love:

Advent Child
03-26-2004, 02:59 AM
No.

Casey
03-26-2004, 04:35 AM
I havnt woken up to a wonderful morning in a long time, like... a long time.. But yeah Im nocturnal, and I love sleep..

GrimmReaper
03-26-2004, 05:11 AM
I live together with my coffee! I have it every day...and it's not normal coffee mind you. My coffee is strong enough to compare to battery acid. *(it can make people hallucinate)

No coffee = Not awake.

Kirkpatrick
03-26-2004, 08:01 AM
I love mornings. I just hate waking up in them :p.
Given the chance, I end up sleeping well into the afternoon, and staying up until four o'clock or so in the morning.
For school, however, I usually have to be up by 7:30 or so, but it often ends up being more like 8. (Except this semester, when I have first period off, so I get to sleep in - I love it :D), and I go to bed anywhere from 10 to midnight (or later if I have an english essay due the next day :p)

But no, I am definitely <i>not</i> a morning person.

Jewels
03-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Not a good morning person when waking up for school. Otherwise I'm pretty...respectable in the mornings...

Logan
03-26-2004, 06:07 PM
I need coffee to properly wake up, but I rarely get it, so I get up and act like a zombie for a few hours.

The Captain
03-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Mornings are definitely underrated in my opinion. I've been waking up more and more often in the early morning to witness the dew still collecting all over the place, and the smell of a fresh day is better than any coffee for my senses.

Take care all.