PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally getting a PS2

Erdrick Holmes
03-25-2004, 01:55 PM
That right, a friend of mine is givingm e his old PS2 because he got a new one as gift. I'm planning on getting a few games for it soon. These are the following games I plan on getting for it.

Capcom Vs SNK 2
Guilty Gear XX
Megaman X7
Kengo
Dragon Ball Z Budikai 2
Sonic Heroes
Final Fantasy X

What other games should I get for it?

NOTE: I love fighting games, RPGs, and fast paced action games that can keep my hands busy.

Levian
03-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

:)

Xander
03-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Kingdom Hearts. =D

SpiritWolf
03-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Yeah Kingdom Hearts is good.

Shoyku
03-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Devil May Cry for one of the best action games ever.

Mr_Bojangless
03-26-2004, 12:33 AM
Soul Calibur II for a great fighting game of course.
Devil May Cry is one of the best action games ever, however do not get the second one, it's horrible.
Then of course the biggest time consuming game, Vice City.
Suikoden III is a good RPG game.
MDK2 Armageddeon, another great action game.
Disgaea: Hour Of Darkness, RPG game that I haven't played yet but I've been wanting to, it got great reviews.

Peegee
03-26-2004, 05:39 AM
PS2 = DVD. I can burn dvds for you now :D

Erdrick Holmes
03-26-2004, 01:47 PM
I don't think a PS2 can play DVD-Rs. The DVD player in my living room can!

Ill get Devil May cry, the Suikoden games are too friggen hard to find, man. Im sure 3 will be toi hard to find.

Mr_Bojangless
03-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Yeah it probably will be a little tough to find, I got lucky and found a used one however.

Lindy
03-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Don't get Sonic Heroes, please, at least if you're going to get a PS2 Sonic then get Sonic Adventure 2 : Battle, it'll be cheaper and it's A LOT better, but still not that great, Tails can't even fly =/

Get Prince Of Persia : Sands Of Time, it'll be cheap now, then you can sell it after you're done with it, or maybe just rent it and beat it in one night.

Funny, the only PS2 games I own now are FFX-2, Kingdom Hearts and Devil May Cry, and FFX-2 is only a recent purchase, hence showing how long DMC and KH have lasted.

Oh, and get Metal Gear Solid 2 or Zone Of The Enders : The Second Runner, possibly the latter since you seem to like action and murder and mayhem over subtlty.

m4tt
03-26-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Bojangless Then of course the biggest time consuming game, Vice City.

GTA3 is 20 times better than Vice City.

Kirobaito
03-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Actually, 21 times better.

And get MGS2. Possibly the best game for the PS2 up to this point.

Mr_Bojangless
03-26-2004, 10:27 PM

I thought this too at first. However I started to eventually play with the story line in Vice City instead of always messing around. And that game has a wonderful story line, just like Scarface. I loved Scarface so I love this story line. I did beat GTA3, and it's definetly a great game, I just don't feel it can match up to Vice City anymore after I really got into it.

Erdrick Holmes
03-26-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Gau

Oh man, never have I agreed with anything in my life.

Kirobaito
03-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Don't you mean, Oh man, never have I agreed with anything more in my life?

And yeah, it's true.

BatChao
03-27-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Lindz
Don't get Sonic Heroes, please, at least if you're going to get a PS2 Sonic then get Sonic Adventure 2 : Battle, it'll be cheaper and it's A LOT better, but still not that great, Tails can't even fly =/

SA2:Battle is on GCN, not PS2. Heh. But yea, still. I don't recommend Sonic Heroes. I have it on Cube and it's not all that great.

You can find a lot of great games in the Greatest Hits library for really cheap. Search around. Suikoden III shouldn't be too hard to find. It's always at GameStop when I go there...