PDA

View Full Version : A little problem with this game...

Trumpet Thief
03-26-2004, 03:37 AM
Not to start a flame war or anything but...

:::::Spoilers::::::

When I found out you fight Necron, some guy that pops out of nowhere at the end, I completely exploded. The game was perfect until they through him in, and the crystal a bit.

I wish the final boss was Kuja going insane or something...

Did anyone else have this same problem?

Kirobaito
03-26-2004, 03:55 AM
Yeah. But I got over it. The rest of the game is pure Square greatness, so I sucked it up and just loved the game as it was.

PeTeRL90
03-26-2004, 03:59 AM
Indeed it was. I didn't mind Necron. I beat him my first try the first time I ever faced him.

Best Final Fantasy game.

SpiritWolf
03-26-2004, 04:50 AM
I didn't mind Necron. What I did mind is beating up on Trance Kuja then losing to Necron and then it took me about 20 tries to beat Trance Kuja again. Good thing I beat Necron the Second time. And I agree IX is the best Final Fantasy game.

Del Murder
03-26-2004, 06:26 AM
Yeah, it was dumb. But that's just the way it goes. It's the old 'beat the last guy only to find out there's someone more powerful' system that a lot of games and cartoons use. I don't like it but the games aren't made with me in mind.

eestlinc
03-26-2004, 07:23 AM
I'm just glad there was another battle because Kuja was not hard.

Xander
03-26-2004, 03:09 PM
I was thinking that too. Although, so far FFIX has the final bosses I've been happiest with, since there's a few to go through and I found them challenging.

Obviously it depends what level you are at, but I think it was just about right in terms of how I like end bosses to be.

I always get confused with story elements sometimes anyway, so I wasn't too bothered about Necron, not to a point where I'd worry much about it anyway.

zacks_clone
03-26-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by eestlinc

I agree. Kuja wasnt difficult for me to beat, and i breezed through him less then 10 min. When it came to Necron, It took me quite abit to beat him.It wasnt that he was terrably difficult, it wat that he wasnt as predictable in his moves as Kuja was.

BUT! i was dissapointed that this guy just came out of nowhere.No mentioning.Im even confused about his story.Gives fanfiction writers something to write on i guess

DocFrance
03-26-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Xander
I always get confused with story elements sometimes anyway, so I wasn't too bothered about Necron, not to a point where I'd worry much about it anyway. Necron was really just the result of Kuja destroying the Crystal - really, just an embodiment of nothingness (THAT concept will give you a headache). Not really a villain, but he still needed a good thrashing to prevent the entire universe from being obliterated.

PeTeRL90
03-27-2004, 01:42 AM

No way. In his Trance form, Kuja kept giving me the most trouble out of any boss in any Final Fantasy game. Always casting Flare Star back to back without giving me a chance to heal. It was so annoying. He gave me too much trouble.

I mean, for Necron, you could easily put on equipment to absorb 3/4's of his attacks. For Trance Kuja, the only thing you could Guard/Absorb was Holy.

zacks_clone
03-27-2004, 03:00 AM
hm,really?Odd.I suppose it just depends on the game,and the player.

Bahamut2000X
03-27-2004, 03:24 AM
I like the idea of Necron being the last boss. A big theme of FFIX is that no matter what all the human/humanish villians turn good in the end showing even the most evil guys can become good. But Necron was death itself (hence the Necro part of his name) He was pure death meant to only to end all life, by destroying the crystal when he had received the signal life was ready to end. Which came when Kuja wanted to end life.

Also he is foreshadowed before hand a few times. But he's never out right mentioned.

I thought he was really a good final boss.

EveningCross
03-27-2004, 04:13 AM
Also he is foreshadowed before hand a few times. But he's never out right mentioned.

Where the HECK is Necron mentioned anywhere in the game besides the end? I know that it's probably been told already on some thread that I never read but who/what/when/ did he/she/it get mentioned? I don't recall anyone mentioning Necron and I've gotten all the way to the end. Hhhhhaaaaarrrghhhhhhhh :mad2:

DocFrance
03-27-2004, 05:23 AM
He's nt specifically mentioned by name at all. But the concept of Necron - the desire to end all life and existance - is.

EternalBahamut
03-27-2004, 07:37 AM
I did not think Necron was necessary, just beef up Kuja, the villain we learned to hate the whole game, and give him another alternate form like every other final fantasy. But agreed, it is by far my favorite of all the games

Bahamut2000X
03-27-2004, 12:23 PM
I I can remember correctly, I think Beatrix foreshadows Necron at some point in disc 3. It's either her or Dr. Tot. I dunno for sure though, probally have to wait for Kishi or Aaron to come in here and make us all look horribly horribly wrong.

Godzilla3001
03-27-2004, 09:11 PM
is it just me, or was necron easier than Trance Kuja? i killed Necron in about 5 minutes but Kuja was about 10.....:(

SpiritWolf
03-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Yeah Necron didn't take me very long. He almost had me beat but then Freya, Dagger, and Zidane all went into trance around the same time and then when I beat him I was all like, what it's over already? And Bahamut2000X I think it was Docter Tot who foreshadowed Necron.

little devil
06-11-2004, 01:58 PM
i dont care about him any more cos !I KICK HIS ASS! everytime i fight him!!!!!!

Cz
06-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Perhaps the only thing that disappointed me about Necron was that his Grand Cross, while ten minutes long, was absolutely pathetic. At least Sephy's Supernova did some damage.

Bahamut2000X
06-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Ya but if your not ready to have any status put on your party at random, Grand Cross is worse then anything Sephy could even do. Personally I find having my entire party blind,petrified,dead,zombied,berserked, and confused split up amoung everyone all at once to be much worse then some petty damage.

Trumpet Thief
06-12-2004, 12:18 AM
Lol, one time Necron gave my whole party float...

Cz
06-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Quina's 'Angel's Snack' removes most of Necron's status effects. With that ability, Grand Cross is pretty much worthless. Still, if Quina were to be inflicted with Death, or a similar effect, I can see how it would be a problem.