PDA

View Full Version : FFX Music

The Nique
03-26-2004, 04:39 AM
I really never took much concious note of the music until late in the game. I don't know if it beats out the other FFs in sheer musical brillieance. I mean, 7 had a lot going for it with the world map theme, and Aeirth's theme. 8 had eyes on me, and a host of other songs that really touched me. But X has this epic-ness about it that just blows me away.

The piano peice "to Zanarkand", is just so subtle, but tragic and magnificent. That in itself MAKES the beginning of the game, (when you see Tidus looking out on [spoiler]Zanarkand[/spolier] ). It starts reminding me of the first moment I popped the game into the PS2, wondering what kind of story this FF would tell... Where it would take me...

I forget after beating each FF, how exciting it is to begin fresh, no preconceptions, or any idea about what is going to happen. The music plays such a huge part of this exuberance... Music really emphasizes every emotion these games make you feel, and this was esspecially true in X. I wasn't awed by the graphics enough to make the game worthwhile becuase of that alone... but the music just added so much to each major scene, and even minor ones. The mysteriousness of Macalania Forest, the sacredness of gaudo salam... all were emphasized by the tone and feel of the music, more than the graphics ever could.

Ah, and of course, Auron's theme... So modern, yet decidedly mystical. Fits the charecter (or the nature of the charecter *nudge, nudge, wink ,wink*) so well... Yet represents him without the visual needed...

What's you favorite FFX song? Relate any musically inclined expressions you may have, positive or negative.

I will admit this... the melodies in each FF are, yes, repetative. Often, the same melody is used for multiple songs, and even most of the songs. But the melody is not the only aspect about the music that strikes me... It all depends on how a song is played, the length of the notes, etc... THAT is what gives each song, each scene, its definitive "feel".

Kirobaito
03-26-2004, 04:44 AM
Actually, Uematsu uses the same melodies in most of his songs, or some variation of it. Like the world map theme in FFVII is quite similar to Melodies of Life, if you listen the right way.

Right. The topic. Tie between Suteki da Ne and To Zanarkand.

SpiritWolf
03-26-2004, 05:01 AM
For me it's a three way tie between A fleeting Dream, Assult, and Servents of the Mountain.

Del Murder
03-26-2004, 06:21 AM
Auron's Theme. I don't like songs with words in video games.

The Captain
03-27-2004, 08:30 AM
I enjoyed the soothing melody played when you were in Besaid village and also the music played when Tidus and Wakka first meet, the slightly heroic piece, though its name escapes me currently....

I've enjoyed the music for each of the FF's to be frank. They all add much to the game. For anyone that's played Xenosaga, I felt that the sheer lack of music for most parts took away from this game. I think a good game needs almost constant, though hopefully not looped, music to add to the mood and actually make the game even more enjoyable.

Take care all.

Silent Warrior
03-27-2004, 02:46 PM
There were tracks in FFX I enjoyed, and others I didn't enjoy. Enough on that topic. On THIS topic...
At Zanarkand left a lasting impression on me, stronger than Auron's theme. For some stupid reason I took a liking to Disc 4 track 15 (title r teh spo1l3r :p ), but... meh. At Zanarkand it is.

dman
03-29-2004, 10:35 AM
To Zanarkand, Auron's theme, Attack, People of the north pole (Mt. Gagazet theme), Someday the Dream Will End (an orchestrated Suteki Da Ne with weird whale sounds and no vocals), all 3 final battle themes, ending theme, and Suteki Da Ne orchestrated are the ones I listen to over and over.

Auron Valentine
05-24-2004, 01:23 PM
Okay, this is gonna be a pretty big list...hmmm, let's see...:
Auron's theme
To Zanarkand
Suteki Da Ne (both versions)
The music when you fight Seymour for the last time
Yuna's theme
Tidus' theme (It made me cry)
People of the North pole (Mt Gagazet) or whatever you wish to call it
OTHERWORLD!!! THAT ROCKS! (I'm listening to it at the moment)
Someday the dream will end
Besaid Island

That's all that I can remember on a spur of the moment thing. :p
"Go into the sand and the dust and the sky..."

babybahamut
05-24-2004, 01:49 PM
The seymour omnis theme was cool, the music playing when you fight Yunalesaca and Omega weapon was cool, and the theme polaying in Zanarkand the second time over was cool (I dont know the names of any of these).

square_is_the_best
05-27-2004, 05:23 PM
For some stupid reason I took a liking to Disc 4 track 15 (title r teh spo1l3r :p ), but... meh.

That song is awesome!
Among my other favorites:
-Zanarkand (I cried)
-Tidus theme
-Otherworld
-Disc 1 track 6 (remix of Auron's Theme)
-Auron's theme
-Disc 4 track 2
-Mt. Gagazet
-Fleeting Dreams
-Suteki Da Ne (Both)
-Besaid Island Music
-Final Battle
-the sending at Kilika
-game over music (so cool)
I'm sure there's a couple more I just can't think of them now. Oh and did you know that Yuna's theme is a remix of Aeris's theme? You guys should get the soundtrack. It's really woth it.

square_is_the_best
05-27-2004, 05:25 PM
The seymour omnis theme was cool,

I think its called the Unsent Laugh but I'm not totally sure.

Tidus0707
06-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Yeah...the FFX soundtrack is great. I already ordered the CD and it's on its way. These are the songs that I like (keep in mind I cant listen to about half of them):

To Zanarkand
Tidus's Theme
Otherworld
Song of Prayer
Yuna's Theme
Welcome the Old Priest Mika
Brass de Chocobo
Rikku's Theme
Revealed Truth
Attack
Seymour Battle
Someday the Dream Will End
Suteki da Ne (both)
Wandering Flame
Summoned Beast Battle

Heath
06-06-2004, 11:32 AM
Auron's Theme. I don't like songs with words in video games.

*nod*

To Zanarkand is one of the best pieces of a music in the game, as is the final Seymour battle theme. Revealed Truth is rather good too.

NashX
06-06-2004, 08:52 PM
I like To Zanarkand because of its brilliance and subtlety (I play it to my mom; she calls it her song.)
Yuna's Theme is nice because it blends everything about Yuna into its melody. Subtlety, beauty etc.
Otherworld is great because it shows how amazing this game is!
And the ending, for crushing my fragile heart with sheer beauty!

Mossy
06-06-2004, 10:45 PM
To Zanarkand is such a lovely piece of music. It makes me feel weirsd, nice inside, listening to music like that. I love Final Fantasy music. My friend got FFX way before me, so I knew the opening theme before I even had the game. I got the music off the internet, and learned to play it on piano! It's soooo great...... When I first got the game, I just sat down and watched the opening scene play. Same with X-2 Eternity is really nice.

Dark Matter
06-07-2004, 07:10 AM
FFX Ending Theme is the best.
It makes me....
I feel so......
I don't know what to say..sorry
But my story'll never end

auron_790
07-04-2004, 03:30 PM
To Zanarkand,Yuna's Theme and Seymour's Theme and Battle are really good tracks I listen to them alot

black orb
07-09-2004, 06:22 AM
>>> FFX sountrack is awesome, I think is Uematsu`s best work so far..
I really liked that theme from Lake Macalania..

dman
07-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Actually, most of the coolest songs are by Hamauzu:
Besaid Island
The arrangements to "Song of Prayer"
Blitz-Off
Thunder Plains
Macalania
Crisis
The entire wedding sequence (including my favourite, "Attack")
People of The Far North
Some Day the Dream Will End (!!!!)
Challenge
To the End of the Abyss
Decisive Battle

Nakano spits out the most junk, though some of the songs are pretty good:
Hurry!
Boss Battle
Luca
Welcoming of Maestor Mika
Guadosalam
Summoned Beast Battle

And Uematsu's contributions include "At Zanarkand", "Auron Theme", "Suteki Da Ne", "Seymour Battle", Rikku, Tidus, Yuna Themes, and "Otherworld."

While listening to the FFX OST, I was suprised at the talent of the other composers. I'm sure FF music is going to be left in safe hands after Uematsu's gone (hopefully not for a LOOONG time, he is still the best imo)

Sess020
07-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Yes, Nobuo has done some amazing work.
I like practicly every piece in the game, especially the end theme. It just shows the entire atmosphere around ffx. The music that plays when Tidus finds out the truth about summoners, at the Al-bed 'home'. I cant think of a name at the moment :mad:, but it just makes the situation seem so real that its just like your there.

Ive liked all the music from each Final Fantasy, but I think 7, 8, and 10 have the best music to describe the situation.
Some cool stuff here; FF remixes [OC] (http://www.ocremix.org/list.php?type=remixes&offset=225&sort=gameasc). Ive known this place for a while and they have some pretty tite FF mix's, especially 'Terra in black' (ff6) mmmmm...

:rock: :rock: :rock: FF music r0x0r j00r b0x0rz!! :rock: :rock: :rock: