PDA

View Full Version : dancing and shmooth sailing? on chapter 4

aeris2001x2
03-26-2004, 10:28 AM
damn it. my mastering was coming along so well and now i have a fight harder then penenance...trying to dance with rikku! i cant do it.

normally i wouldnt care but this is the only place i can get the shmmoth sailing and super ribbon, so i have to score 150.

can anyone give me sum tips? do i press a button every time a music note flashs? e.g the yellow one sumtimes flashs like 6 times real fast. how is it marked? i seem 2 lose 100 points 4 every mistake.

i,m useless at dancing in real life. this aint fair...lol. i,m so close, on 86% and nearly on chapter 5 where i can fight lots of super bosses and become godly powerful...grrr!

again any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Kupo
03-26-2004, 12:42 PM
button-mash. as if your life depends on it. just hit as many buttons as you can, as fast as you can. don't worry about accuracy, just pound the controller and you'll get it. I think you need to get like... 250 points, and when you mash those buttons really fast, you can shoot up to around 600. good luck!

The One Winged Angel
03-27-2004, 10:56 AM
shmmoth sailing?... what on earth is that?

and what's a super ribbon? I like the sound of it!

aeris2001x2
03-27-2004, 06:38 PM
wow Kupo u rock. i did it first time. my score went from the 40 mark to almost 1000! many thanks, u saved me hours of hours of practise!

it is an item that allows the ability super ribbon. it guards against ALL status afflictions including the breaks and other affects the normal ribbon doesnt. however, its hypello, it permenantly puts slow on your character.

NM
03-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by The One Winged Angel
shmmoth sailing?... what on earth is that?

and what's a super ribbon? I like the sound of it!

It is a ribbon in all but the name. Down side is it puts a permentant slow effect on the character who has it equipt.

Kupo
03-27-2004, 09:43 PM
No worries, aeris2001x2, glad to be of help and to share my button-mashing goodness :p

Also, Shmooth Shailing gives your stats a bit of a boost as well as casting slow. It's a double-edged sword.

:moggie:

The One Winged Angel
03-28-2004, 12:11 AM
I don't suppose Auto Haste would cancel out the Auto Slow?

Kupo
03-28-2004, 12:21 AM
Yeah it actually does... but I have having to waste 1/2 my accessory slots just to cancel out the slow effect. I much prefer the 'normal' ribbon to shmooth shailing.

:moggie:

The One Winged Angel
03-28-2004, 01:24 AM
Wow, that's good, I mean for the whole Auto-Beserk/Auto Poison type things even ribbon won't prevent them, it's damned irritating.

True, or you could use a Garment Grid.