PDA

View Full Version : Recognised members

Project G
03-26-2004, 12:16 PM
How do you become a recognised member???? (Sorry if it's a stupid question)

Peegee
03-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Read the faq

RMs as far as I can tell are just nice people who help make EoFF a friendly environment. It's however NOT what it explicitly says -- for example Dr Unne is a very recognised individual yet I do not believe he has ever had the RM title. Nor does it have to do with seniority -- I have yet to get the title (not that I want it), yet many people at least three times smaller than I am in terms of 'history' has gained the title.

Just be a nice person and stick around. Either way you will be a nice person and not worry about such things. Wanting the title = not getting it.

Xander
03-26-2004, 03:04 PM
I think (from the time I've been here anyway) it's people who help out a lot and contribute to the forums consistently, for example TheAbominatrix did a lot of work with the "Eyes on You" threads.

And yeah, titles aren't so important, just have fun, but help EOFF as much as you like, Site Staff is always a good place to start.

Flying Mullet
03-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Eat your Wheaties and drink your milk to become a "recognised member".

Mikztsu
03-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Just hold a contest or something that'll have lots of participants. Or become an op in chatroom. :) Being an op did the trick for me, eventhough I'm not a RM anymore.:)

Erdrick Holmes
03-27-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Mikztsu
Just hold a contest or something that'll have lots of participants. Or become an op in chatroom. :) Being an op did the trick for me, eventhough I'm not a RM anymore.:)

*cough EoFFVIDEOGAMEAWARDS cough*

Shoyku
03-27-2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Joel
*cough EoFFVIDEOGAMEAWARDS cough*
Just hold a contest or something that'll have <i><b>lots</b></i> of participants.

Dr Unne
03-27-2004, 02:59 AM
And if you ask to be one or hint that you should be one, you never will be. That's a rule. Or should be. Better yet, *makes it a rule right now*. There.

Yamaneko
03-27-2004, 04:28 AM
Of course asking to be an admin isn't against the rules. :D

Dr Unne
03-27-2004, 07:15 AM
It is now. *makes it so*

Peegee
03-27-2004, 07:52 AM
I've said for years that "if you have to ask you will never be one" -- that's a rule I followed when I was admin (though I broke it by asking once...years ago haha).

Good job Dr Unne

Big Ogre Umaro
03-27-2004, 09:46 AM
Troll every thread and make fun of everyone.

Peegee
03-28-2004, 07:48 AM
Once upon a time sexual favours given to Bleys gave you special privileges.

eestlinc
03-28-2004, 08:17 AM
i said many times before being made one that I should be one. It was obviously just a statement of fact.

Peegee
03-28-2004, 05:18 PM
What have you ever done for anyone? :D

Mikztsu
03-28-2004, 05:49 PM
Eest was that Election Booth thingy. =) All the Election Booths has sneakily got their statuses, like Nait, Sakura Yume and now Eest. :cool:

But I'm still waiting Spiff to get RM'ed, since he's been chat op for fair months now. And he's otherwise cool, and stuff as well.

Nait
03-30-2004, 07:02 AM
Haha, Election Booth is like Zorro or the Phantom. :cool: And I was the original one! Award Boy is just a bad copy. >:O

crono_logical
03-30-2004, 12:52 PM
But I'm still waiting Spiff to get RM'ed, since he's been chat op for fair months now. And he's otherwise cool, and stuff as well. Months? More like a few weeks at most, and only because BoB felt like doing it provided he behaves himself :p And even then, he's not an official op anyway :p

Christmas
04-14-2022, 08:59 AM
I rmb i saw a PM from some bloke saying they are removing the RM title a few years back but when I log in again, it is miraculously back. :bigsmile:

It is the will of goobledegook! Goobledegookism is real! Repent to goobledegookism!

BG-57
04-14-2022, 11:05 PM
Being friendly and helpful when answering questions. Posting a lot helps too, although I've backslid a lot in recent years.

Quindiana Jones
04-15-2022, 12:19 AM
I thought there was a Thunderdome help every two years, in which the last one standing gets the title?

Has my whole time here been a lie?