PDA

View Full Version : .hack/Infection

Xander
03-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Another RPG coming out for the PS2 in the UK, hurray.

But is it any good? I don't know if it's out in the US or anything yet, which is why I'm asking if anyone here has played it. Or if you haven't played it do you think it's going to be any good? In the magazine I just read about it, they gave it 6/10. It sounds like an interesting concept for a game though.

edczxcvbnm
03-26-2004, 03:12 PM
www.gamerankings.com

View like Every review that came out in america there.

.hack//infection is out here along with the other 3 games. I got into the games and I find them fun. As I always say. If you are unsure then rent the game. Better safe than sorry.

The story to part 1 isn't really all that elaborate but it is setting up for the later games. If anything I say wait till Part 4 comes out then start in on it as the other games will be cheaper and then you can get them as you beat them for cheaper with out having to wait months inbetween going 'WHY WILL THEY NOT COME OUT SOONER?'

Doomgaze
04-02-2004, 07:17 AM
It's fun at first, but it gets old quickly.

BatChao
04-02-2004, 11:07 AM
The .hack series is huge investment. If you want to get to full story, you need to get all four games. At full price, they can get pretty pricey. I got part 1 when it first came out, found it okay, but loved the story. The endless dungeon crawling and repetitive battle system makes for a mediocre experience. But the it's all wrapped up in such an amazing presentation, that the game actually seems better than it really is. Everything from the trading to the e-mails to the message boards are really well implemented. It's just that actual dungeons that get on my nerves. But still, the game isn't all that bad. I got part 2 when part 4 just came out, so the prices shot down. Now I think you can get 1, 2, and 3 for about $30 US, which is nice. For some reason even though part 2's battle system was identical to part 1, I loved it! I'm not really sure why. My theory is that you just need to pace yourself. If you play all four at once, you will no doubt get sick of it. But I had about a three month break in the middle (I also watched .hack//dusk and that's what made me want to continue on the series), and when I came back, everything seemed a lot fresher. In another few months I'll probably get part 3, and then another few months after that, part 4.

edczxcvbnm
04-02-2004, 03:18 PM
I still have not seen .hack//dusk or what ever you want to call it(goes by a lot of names from what I understand). I have however seen .hack//sign and it takes place 6 months before .hack//infection. It deals with Aura's awakening and everything.

I right now am blasting through the games(I must know what happens!!!!) I have now finished part 1 and 2. I am picking up part 3 on sunday to continue my quest.

I like the idea of the games and best part about everything is they can always make a new game in the future because its about characters in the game and stuff like that.

My brother just likes going around in dungons. It reminds him of his MUD.

Sephex
04-02-2004, 05:03 PM
I got in those game recently as well. Even though it is repetative, I still find it fun. I am almost done with the first part and I will pick up the second part soon after that.

BatChao
04-04-2004, 12:53 AM
.hack//DUSK is also called Legend of the Twilight Bracelet or something. It takes place after the games, but has a ton of references to the games and even some characters from the games in the anime, which is why it made me want to go back and play part 2.

escobert
04-05-2004, 02:20 AM
.Hack//Dusk takes place one generation after the games. It's based on characters who have the same avatars as in thew game. They one them in some sort of contest. Aura has reawoken in Dusk.

edczxcvbnm
04-05-2004, 05:47 PM
Oh my ****ing God!!!! The beginning of part 3 is such a bitch. Going through dungons alone sucks!

I wonder how many volumes of .hack//legend of the twilight they are going to release over here. I may pick those up as well. Something about all of this is just so intriguing to me.

escobert
04-05-2004, 10:12 PM
I just finished the first manga thingy(DUSK). It was pretty good. I've only playe the first game but I have the 2nd. my dad stole my Ps2 so he could play medal of honor

Vermachtnis
04-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Man y'all are so lucky. I don't think we get manga. But, I've most of //Sign and have the first 3 games and in the middle of the 2nd one. Probably going to buy Quarntine sometime in the near future.
And like edczxcvbnm said, the whole .Hack thing is intriging.

escobert
04-06-2004, 01:28 AM
yeah siince I myslef play mmorpg its interesting reading/playing/watching .Hack

EternalBahamut
04-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Shiva loves them but I found the leveling up and the trading painful at times. I would give a 5/10

eternalshiva
04-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Those games are really fun! The fourth part came out a little while ago. I still haven't played the third part. I keep getting my arse kicked at the second game end boss so I'm taking a break from it.

Maxico
04-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Well Im pretty sure its missing the one thing that would make it a real online rpg simulation: mad lvl 3 newbies runing at you with their +1.23 rusty knife yelling "4ll yoers 4rm0rs b3long t0 me". Well thats what most of my online rpg experiances have been like.

but wouldn't it be a bit limited with people saying the samething over and over or is the text random every time you speak to them.

edczxcvbnm
04-08-2004, 02:40 PM
Those games are really fun! The fourth part came out a little while ago. I still haven't played the third part. I keep getting my arse kicked at the second game end boss so I'm taking a break from it.

Magus is a wimp! You should be able to beat the shit out of him. You just have to have one piece of armor on a wavemaster that gives them the ability ola repth. It heals everyone for 400 life. Everytime a leaf drops to the ground you MUST destory it. It takes a while to win as you spend too much time destorying leafs. I also recommend using a speed charm or something on yourself just so you can get to all the leaves without a problem.

Part 3 is a biatch! I have to go through a level 52 area by my self and I keep getting killed ;_;

Black Mage
04-08-2004, 06:14 PM
I bought both Infection, shortly after Mutation came out, and Mutation a couple of days after I finished Infection.

Perhaps that was where I went wrong, for I loved //Sign, and Infection. However, I finished Mutation in a weekend, and ended with having no desire to play the next, not that it was out yet, either.

However, that was like 6 months ago, or so, and reading this thread is making me want to go out and play Quarantine.

They were fun, and the story was quite good too, but the seemingly endless dungeon crawling, and stop-go battle system drags it down.

I would still suggest giving INfection a go, though.

edczxcvbnm
04-12-2004, 02:23 AM
I just finished up Outbreak and now I am playing Quarintine. It has a great twist for Phase 6 I must say. I have yet to beat Phase 6. I think I need to level up some first.

I also read the first volume of .hack//legend of the twilight the other day. It is so different from everything else and thus keeps the charm of the whole series alive. I can't believe Balmug became a system admin.

edczxcvbnm
04-14-2004, 03:27 PM
I posted this last night to someones reply. I am just reposting it as another post so that it gets a 'new reply' thing so that when the person looks in the forum they will see a new post in this thread.

This game cannot be played online. It is a single player game only. It just simulates a MMORPG which is kind of cool and what makes it so intriguing.

I have now watched all 28 episodes of .hack//sign and I have beaten all 4 games(including that 15 floor dungon in part 4 where every enemy needs to be data drained) and I now have read the 2 comic books they put out(waiting for the third and final part). I just find the whole series interesting.