PDA

View Full Version : Hey, trips are fun! Right?

Giggles
03-27-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm going to Europe! Yay, and so on. I'm going there for two and a half weeks! I'll be in London, Paris, and then bicycling through Holland!

The word Holland makes me think of Kossage, which makes me think of sausage. But, none of that matters.

Do you like trips? Where would you like to travel to? Are you going anywhere for Spring break or during the summer? etc.

Kirobaito
03-27-2004, 12:03 AM
There's a somewhat similar topic already. But anyway, I'm going to Durham, North Carolina this summer to visit the campus of Duke University, as that is where I would like to go in two years, when I graduate from HS.

I like trips that don't involve long drives in small spaces (busses).

PeTeRL90
03-27-2004, 01:36 AM
OOOOOO! Come visit me when you're down here this summer, KB!

I've always wanted to go to Europe. ;_;

It used to be tradition for my family to go up to Massachusetts every summer, but we stopped a few years ago, but I went up last year for my cousin's graduation. But they didn't come down for my graduation, so I don't know why I had to go to hers. ;p

But I really don't mind roadtrips or any kind of trip whatsoever, as long as I have my CD Player and batteries, and a good amount of my favorite CD's, I'm good to go.

stuffing
03-27-2004, 03:51 AM
trips are fun =P

Mr. Graves
03-27-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Giggles
makes me think of Kossage, which makes me think of sausage. But, none of that matters.

You too?

I want to go to Colorado to meet some people in August. I also want to go to Tokyo, Japan within the next five years.

Kirobaito
03-27-2004, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by PeTeRL90
OOOOOO! Come visit me when you're down here this summer, KB!

I really would, but I'll be with my parents. I don't think they trust me driving myself to NC yet, 'cause I don't get my license until May 26th.

Del Murder
03-27-2004, 07:05 AM
Trips are good. I went to Korea once and had a smashing time. I'd like to go other places but I can never muster up the courage and energy to initiate such things.

Yamaneko
03-27-2004, 07:07 AM
I go to Northern California sometimes.

eestlinc
03-27-2004, 07:17 AM
Durham is a hole but the Duke campus is nice.

Tokki Wartooth
03-27-2004, 07:18 AM
I travel a mile to the mall.

eestlinc
03-27-2004, 07:20 AM
we're all travelling to hell together!

The Captain
03-27-2004, 08:20 AM
Living on the Island, Long Island that is, travel is almost a must if you want to keep your sanity. I've always been very fond of traveling. Usually, I'll just jump into my car and take a roadtrip upstate to enjoy the fine weather or out of state altogether, and just go searching for an adventure and a new perspectvie on life.

My grand plan now is to study abroad for a time in New Zealand, and as of right now, I have no intentions of letting anything stand in my way.

I think everyone should take a trip somewhere when they can, regardless of whether it's just to a neighboring town or to a whole different hemisphere. We learn so much about ourselves by traveling and having new experiences with strangers who can become friends. Though I have done it, I'd never advise traveling alone. Bring a friend or 10 and have a wonderful time!

Take care all. Explore and expand your life!

Mikztsu
03-27-2004, 08:30 AM
I love trips.:) I've traveled a lot, and I try to travel as much as possible before I die.

Lord Xehanort
03-27-2004, 07:31 PM
I went on one road trip in my life. From Michigan to Arkansas and back in 3 days. I never want to travel again.

Ariel
03-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Oooh, going to Europe? *envies* Lucky you. ^_^

I don't think I've ever had any real trips. A couple of short ones, like when my sister and I spent a few days on Great Keppel Island, but no extended holidays. But, I've lived like a gypsy all my life, and seen most of Australia, so that kinda makes up for it. xP

Logan
03-28-2004, 05:35 AM
I'm going to Europe in 2006, and possibly Illinois this August.

Illinois will be way more fun than Europe, I think.

m4tt
03-28-2004, 07:05 AM
Trips... trips.. I might be going to disneyland in a few weeks. :D?

I need a date first though.. anyone wanna come?

eestlinc
03-28-2004, 07:06 AM
i want to go to Greenland. it's the sort of place you accidentally end up.

Montoya
03-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Trips are fun. I always want to go to trips. My home is too small and I never have nothing to do. So I always try to go somewhere.

Calliope
03-28-2004, 08:44 AM
I am jealous, and other things.

This is a concept, This is a place for rent.

Evelia
03-28-2004, 05:32 PM
I loooooove travelling! I went to Europe with my family a few years ago, but it was so expensive that we haven't been able to go anywhere since. xD We only went to England and France, but it was really fun.

I want to travel back to Europe. I also want to go to New York, Mexico, and maybe somewhere in Asia. Maybe after college. ;) I hope you have fun in Europe, Giggles =DD

fire_of_avalon
03-28-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm going to Ireland next March. But I already said that recently, so I move on.

KB, I just went to Duke's campus the other day. The campus is beautiful, but it's a little too perfect. I felt really really out of place there. It was my first time traveling there, but I'd like to do it again if people would talk to me :(

And eestlinc is right, Durham is a horrible horrible city.

Bernhard
03-28-2004, 10:10 PM
I usually travel between Europe, where my family is, and to any place I have to be when I do volounteer work. That can be anywhere from Papua New Guinea to Nicaragua, or from Kongo to China. I love travelling so it goes very well with my line of work. My #1 priority right now is Maliau Basin. I'd give a lot to be able to do some work there for the enviromental groups.

escobert
03-29-2004, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Winged Sorceress
I'm going to Europe in 2006, and possibly Illinois this August.

Illinois will be way more fun than Europe, I think.
When I went to Europe I had probably the best time in my life. Almost as fun as NZ.

eestlinc
03-29-2004, 07:23 AM
yes, Illinois is very exciting.

I'm going to Colorado this summer. I was going to drive but plane tickets are cheap and that would save time, although spending a day driving across Kansas is an experience that would help me reach enlightenment.

Shadraque
03-29-2004, 08:41 PM
I travel for work.. I was on almost 70 flights last year. I'm only 25, but I feel like I'm 40 sometimes. :) No seriously, travelling is fun, trips, are funner, if that means you don't have to work.

I've been to over 20 countries, so if you want to know about one, ask! :)

TasteyPies
03-29-2004, 08:53 PM
By the title "trips are fun" i washoping this was about weed. Dash a guys hopes why dont ya...

Ultimate_Sandwich
03-30-2004, 03:45 AM
I don't like trips. They requre planning and money and effort. And I've seen so little of the world that I'm perfectly content just sitting at home. But I suppose if I got my ass pampered, I'd enjoy a trip, sure. To somewhere. As long as my ass is pampered, I don't care.

Jewels
03-30-2004, 03:55 AM
I do like trips. The're more exciting than staying home. At the end of the year, or beginning of next year, I am possibly going to the States again to visit relatives in San Francisco. Hopefully I will be.

Meat Puppet
03-30-2004, 08:03 AM
I'm goingto CHILE somewhere in CHILE. Sometime THESE HOLIDAY. After my ROADTRIP OF NORTH ISLAND. Sometimes I EAT COW.

Del Murder
03-30-2004, 08:09 AM
Fun things are fun!

Calliope
03-30-2004, 08:37 AM
I AM SO CONFUSED!