PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ Solo Ramza Challenge!

psilontech
03-27-2004, 05:38 AM
Hi everybody! A few days ago, I started a game with only Ramza, and I am stuck on the eight battle (I believe it is called Lenalia Plateau) and Ramza is a lvl 18 knight (trying to make him a monk bf next battle) and has Guts, Auto-Potion, JP-up, and Move+1. Every time I start it, the wizards move in and nuke the living crap out of me w/ ice2 and bolt2! What should I do? I have tried running around yelling for a while then accumulating, but they get me anyway wit those freaking spells! What should I do?

DocFrance
03-27-2004, 06:12 AM
The key to a Ramza solo is to avoid random battles at all costs. Because Ramza is getting all the XP, he will have a very high level. Enemies in random battles gain levels as you do (like in FF8), but enemies in story battles have fixed levels.

Also, another good idea is to learn a lot of Calculator skills, as well as Flare, Holy, and/or the third level elemental spells. Blade Grasp, or perhaps MP Switch are must-have reaction abilities. Move+2 is also pretty important (Move+3 is solely for Dancers). If you do use the Math Skill a lot, it's imperative that you have equipment that either blocks or absorbs a certain element - if you use Holy, wear a Chameleon Robe, and if you use Lightning, wear Rubber Boots. Level up as a Ninja a lot to gain some hefty speed boosts.

So my best suggestion would be to have:

Ninja
A: Math Skill
R: Blade Grasp
S: MagicAttackUp
M: Move+2