PDA

View Full Version : The Media

Kirobaito
03-27-2004, 05:39 AM
Okay, this is about how the Nightly News can exaggerate things and stuff. What's the worst case of it you've ever seen?

Well, last week, a gorilla escaped from the Dallas Zoo (stupid Dallas...) and, after being cornered, and the Police were forced to put it down. Well, on the news, as it was occurring, a reporter was told this. He turned back to the camera, and stated, "Alright, folks, you heard it here first. Dallas police gun down Jabahri the Gorilla tonight..."

xD

Shlup
03-27-2004, 06:29 AM
Apparently Renee Zelwigger or whatever saved a hiker's life recently...

While hiking up a trail for exercise the hiker in front of her fell off a cliff, so Renee sent her assistant to get help. After paramedics arrived, they checked the woman out, and then "she was deemed fit enough to continue walking." Catch that? She saved her life, but the woman finished her hike.

They were making fun of it on KROQ the other day. I thought it was funny.

eestlinc
03-27-2004, 06:44 AM
watching the news makes you dumber

Yamaneko
03-27-2004, 06:47 AM
Especially local news. The LA Times is the best source of news for me.

Del Murder
03-27-2004, 07:04 AM
David Letterman is my news source.

eestlinc
03-27-2004, 07:17 AM
the news is so inaccurate that i think the ignorance you get from not watching any news is greater than the intelligence you lose from being "informed"

DocFrance
03-27-2004, 08:59 AM
Not to mention that nearly every news station is usually spun either to the left or to the right.