PDA

View Full Version : Using abilities on garment grids?

Ariel
03-27-2004, 08:13 AM
How do you use the special abilities on garment grids? I know some of them are automatic when you equip the grid, but how do you get to use the others?

Like, let's say... there's one grid when you SOS-Haste is auto-equipped, and you can also use Haste, if it's marked beside the red/green/blue/yellow node thingmajig.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I haven't worked out what to do yet. =X *feeling dumb* Could anyone point me in the right direction, please?

SeeDRankLou
03-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Look at the garment grid and you will often see a few symbols of various color. These are called gates, and to get some of the abilities you must pass through the gates. For example.....

--------O
------/----\
----/--------\
---R----------B
--/-------------\
-/---------------\
O--------G-------O

Lets say this is a garment grid (it's suppose to be a triangle). The O is where dress spheres go. It's abilites are

R: fire eater
B: water eater
G: ice eater
RBG: thunder eater

You have dress spheres in the nodes, Gunner at the top, Warrior to the left, Thief to the right. The get the R ability, you must pass through the R gate, which means that you must spherechange from Gunner to Warrior or vice versa. To get the G ability, you must spherechange from Warrior to Thief or vice versa. To get the B ability, you must spherechange from Thief to Gunner or vice versa. And to get the RBG, you must pass through all of those gates, not in any particular order.

Does that make sense?

Ariel
03-27-2004, 10:06 AM
That does make sense, thanks. =) I had no idea that you needed to spherechange to access those abilities... I guess I should have paid more attention during the tutorial. =P