PDA

View Full Version : Lufia 2

Mr_Bojangless
03-27-2004, 05:05 PM
Has anyone played Lufia 2 on console? I'm wondering how hard it is to find this game and what the cost of the game might be. Also, have you played Lufia 1, and is it any good?

White Raven
03-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Lufia 2 is pretty good. I think it has some sort of a monster system which I though was neat. It also had this pretty tough sidequest with a cave of some sort. It's been a long while since I played it but I thought that it was very well done.

Del Murder
03-27-2004, 06:04 PM
I've only played it on emulator. I doubt you can find a console version in stores, you would have to use eBay or something. I have played Lufia 1 and 2 and 2 is a lot better. There is a unique puzzle solving element in it, and you get a variety of characters unlike 1.

BlkKnight
03-27-2004, 06:24 PM
I could never get myself to finish the first one, but Lufia 2 is one of my favorite SNES RPGs. I played it on an emulator though so I wouldn't know about pricing.

Mr_Bojangless
03-27-2004, 07:54 PM
I've played Lufia 2 on an emulator. But it's a great game and I always end up wanting the actual cartridge or CD of a great game.

TheAbominatrix
03-27-2004, 10:29 PM
I had the cart for a long time until it was stolen. Great game.

PeTeRL90
03-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Yes, I LOVE Lufia II. I loved the characters and plot of it. It's one of my favorite games. The only thing that irked me over and over was that one plant puzzle near the end of the game, where everytime you took a step, a plant would grow back slowly.

Took me awhile to finally get that down.

But that was the fun in the game also, challenging puzzles, or at least some were.

But it's a very fun game overall.

ZellMog
03-28-2004, 12:34 AM
Amazing game. The first is pretty good, too, but the second... Just amazing. One of my top ten RPGs without a doubt: A fairly good story (With a wonderful ending), good characters, some great music, fun puzzles... I could rant for days and days and days and... Oops, sorry. Ah heh. *Twitch*

Caffeine, anyone?

Bahamut2000X
03-28-2004, 02:19 PM
I have the entire series. Very good games though too. The first was great, the second was even greater. Third was pretty good. Fourth was really pretty bad.

I'm lucky though, I got the cartidge of Lufia 2.

Lufia 2 is the best Lufia in my opinion though. Lot's of good puzzles, nice bosses, and some cool charcters *coughDekarcough*

luke webster
03-31-2004, 12:11 PM
I heard there's a Lufia coming out on GBA sometime, but i'm not sure if it's a remake or a completely new game. Here's a pic.

Endless
03-31-2004, 03:48 PM
There's already a Lufia for the GBA, it's called Lufia: Ruins of Lore. There's also one for the GBC: Lufia: The Legend Returns.

Lord Chainsaw
03-31-2004, 06:42 PM
Lufia 2 is great. I don't know how easy it will be to find a cartridge though. I bought my cartridge for 70 bucks when it first came out.

It's a classic RPG. Really good and lots of fun. I like it a lot better than the first Lufia.

Forfeit Island is a lot of fun, and so is that Cave. It's a little on the easy side though, except for a few of the bosses, namely the first guy you fight in the tower with the axe and Gades.

Mr_Bojangless
03-31-2004, 06:56 PM
Yeah, so far most of the bosses I haven't had any trouble with. Although some of the puzzles have gotten to me a bit :p

Del Murder
07-08-2004, 01:52 AM
If you played Lufia 1 you remember the beginning where you played as Maxim and his party to take down the original coming of the Sinistrals. Lufia 2 is Maxim's story. It is a prequel to Lufia 1.