PDA

View Full Version : the future

Stayin Dizzy
03-28-2004, 01:06 AM
What do you think of the future? It's looking pretty bleek to me. People used to say children are our future when I was a kid, but I look at today's youth of mouthy, whining, nagging, disrespectful, ungrateful, mtv'd kids and I fear. for about 1990 years kids were raised to do well in school and respect others. But these days kids don't get spanked or for that matter punished and are living in the age of the uneffective timeouts and groundings. I bring this up because everywhere I've been in the past couple years I see kids running their parents, and I worry the world will grow up thinking they can tell everyone what to do, and if that doesn't work they'll just shoot them. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit, and there are many great kids out there, but I'm worried that in my kids future there will be too many bad people for him to find the good ones.

Meat Puppet
03-28-2004, 01:10 AM
I don't care much, I hope to be dead.

Leeza
03-28-2004, 02:10 AM
I really don't think that the majority of kids out there are really all that bad...at least not the ones that I see. Yes, some might be a bit spoiled, etc. but they're still basically good kids and I think that every generation has it's delinquents. (sp?) Look at the fifties. They thought that Elvis was going to ruin the minds of all teenagers, but those kids are someones' parents now...and the world is still okay. More or less. :)

Kirobaito
03-28-2004, 02:17 AM
Our future is very bleak. The Youth of the World are, for the most part, disgusting individuals, and I credit most of that to the music that they listen to. MTV displaying that crap on TV doesn't help either. I'm quite scared of what might happen. I'm just glad that I never got into the "heathen music" as I like to call it. I'm just happy with country. :) That'll never turn me into them.

Leeza
03-28-2004, 02:27 AM
Marilyn Manson is my fav, King Bahamut, and I don't think I've turned into a "heathen" or too disgusting of an individual. :)

Kirobaito
03-28-2004, 02:29 AM
Okay. You're not weak-minded. But the weak-minded are being consumed by the genres of today: punk, hip-hop, rap, etc.

Strider
03-28-2004, 02:34 AM
Yes, blame it on the music. Never mind that those in charge seem to wield more influence than ever and ignore the masses for the most part, we focus more attention on ourselves than for our fellow man, and do next to nothing to save the future we all consider to be inevitable.

Excuse me while I go listen to some heathen music.

Meat Puppet
03-28-2004, 02:45 AM
If you get a future in music you have nothing to worry about.

Del Murder
03-28-2004, 03:25 AM
I think every generation has these feelings. You think the hippies thought society would be safe in their hands? Most of us will mature eventually.

Yamaneko
03-28-2004, 06:04 AM
Most kids are idiots. I was. Now not so much. By your late twenties most of those kids have matured and the ones that haven't, well let's say "would you like any fries with that?".

EDIT: Oh, and there are idiots who make it in this world, big time. Too bad.

Montoya
03-28-2004, 07:57 AM
I do think these new generations are getting worse. More and more do I see children saying curses like if it was proper English. I don't curse much I never cursed as a child, nor did most people I grew up with. Eh, maybe it isn't as bad as I think, but these generations of kids suck:mad:

bennator
03-28-2004, 07:44 PM
There was some quote by some famous greek or roman back around 0 AD/BC to the effect that the children of that generation were horribly morally corrupt, and didn't respect authority, and were going to cause the downfall of civilization. If anybody has it, or something... it would be nice to see it posted.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that people thought kids were bad for the last 2000 years at least.

The Captain
03-28-2004, 08:16 PM
I agree with Del. This thought is always occuring in the older generations towards the youths of the world. However, as the young get older, they do indeed mature and learn responsibility.

In ten years, there will be something more controversial than rap, and it'll be looked at like the Beatles were when they first came out, it'll be held as an almost quaint perspective to the past.

Take care all.