PDA

View Full Version : Night Rituals

The Captain
03-28-2004, 09:21 AM
Now, that we've gotten a general sense of everyone's sleeping patterns, what do you do to fall asleep?

Do you shower right before bed? I always do. I enjoy that clean feeling as my head hits the pillow.

Do you sometimes listen to music? Again, I usually do, but only if it's mellow music, since it helps to soothe me to sleep.

Other things I sometimes do before bed is exercise before showering to actually get myself tired, and then read a bit before going to bed.

What are some routines/rituals you do when preparing for bed?

Take care all.

DMKA
03-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Are you sure you want to know what most EoFFers do before they go to sleep?

.......... O_____O

Kidding, kidding:p

I ahh umm...usually listen to some tunes, and get on the internet and chat a bit. Then once the boredom gets so extreme that I actually become tired, I lie down and fall into that wonderful time called sleep.

Peegee
03-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Most of the time I make sure I have absolutely nothing to do before I sleep. If I sleep with problems on my mind I sleep poorly, or not at all, so it doesn't make sense to. Unfortunately "nothing to do" does not include homework.

Stayin Dizzy
03-28-2004, 03:59 PM
I pray then drift away to the nothingness

Marble
03-28-2004, 04:49 PM
I shower.

Del Murder
03-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Brush, take a leak, watch Letterman, watch Kilborn until 5 questions, read.

Meat Puppet
03-28-2004, 07:08 PM
Bury my face in my pillow and hope that I wake up breathing.

That or take sleeping pills. But they make peeing so sore!

Lord Xehanort
03-28-2004, 08:49 PM
I think about anything and everything that pops into my head until I am too tired to think anymore.

Erdrick Holmes
03-28-2004, 09:46 PM
I have a fan on, the quiet hum of a fan is quite soothing. Oh and the room I'm in has to be really cold, about 45 degrees or so cold.

Bernhard
03-28-2004, 10:15 PM
I've usually done a lot of walking and/or heavy manual labour all through the day, so when I eventually hit the sack, I'm out cold in about 30 seconds. I love being beat when I go to sleep. :aimsmile:

Yamaneko
03-29-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Del Murder
Brush, take a leak, watch Letterman, watch Kilborn until 5 questions, read.
Replace Letterman with Leno and music after reading.

Kirobaito
03-29-2004, 12:35 AM
I do nothing. I go in my bed, and stay up for 4 more hours sitting there doing nothing until finally I fall to sleep naturally.

Montoya
03-29-2004, 03:12 AM
Excercise, go to bathroom, brush teeth, say good night, make sure alarm is on, make sure door is locked, turn off light, think about stuff for about and hour. Finally maybe I'll fall asleep.

escobert
03-29-2004, 03:24 AM
Brush teeth, Put on a movie, take a couple of bong hits (it helps me sleep otherwise I sleep really bad and I'm always tired) fall asleep watching the movie.

Ultimate_Sandwich
03-29-2004, 03:50 AM
the usual teeth-brush and piss combo, then maybe play some games (Morrowind, lately... I can't stop. It's becoming a problem) and read a comic book. Don't feel like the day is over until I read a comic. Unless I really played too much morrowind...

Shoyku
03-29-2004, 03:50 AM
I don't have a ritual for going to sleep, whenever I'm tired I just hit the sack.

Daryl
03-29-2004, 04:04 AM
I usually read before I fall asleep. It helps me to wind down.

When I lived with JP, I would cuddle until I fell asleep. Sigh.

bennator
03-29-2004, 04:32 AM
I do the whole bathroom/brush teeth thing, and then just kind of collapse onto my bed.

Thunday Man
03-29-2004, 05:42 AM
Bathroom crap.
Get in boxers.
Lay in bed for a hour, watching TV.
Masterbate.
Sleep.

Rostum
03-29-2004, 06:05 AM
Shower (somtimes).
Listen to music (all the time).
Sleep.

The Nique
03-29-2004, 09:38 AM
Depends on the day.

If I get to bed early, I do the following

1; bathroom whatevers
2; big glass of water. Barring sweet tea, water gets me to sleepin' like a baby.
3; turn on computer, hit all internet hot spots (homestar, squidi, thoughtgalaxy, nuklearpower, and some assorted others) -OR- work on my up-and coming webcomic which is teh-funnier.
4;read in bed until melatonin kicks in (thats sleepin' pills a' natural')

If I'm working

1; eat dinner at about 12;00 am
2; internet stuff
3;bed now please.

Misfit
03-29-2004, 02:22 PM
I brush my teeth then I, um, lay on my bed and shut my eyes and dream some weird dreams. :D I usually get my shower in the morning but sometimes I get one at night if I feel like sleeping in.

If I can't fall asleep, then I listen to music.

Anaralia
03-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Say "I'm going to go to bed now."
Clear off dinner table.
Wash dishes.
Wipe down kitchen counters and stove.
Brush teeth while eyeing how dirty bathroom is.
Pick up towels, straighten shower curtain, wipe sink.

At this moment, some nights I'll suddenly decide that I can't bear to live in this dirt infested filth trap any longer and start cleaning the living room and bathroom until Mr. Anaralia emerges from the bedroom complaining that it's late and I said I was coming to bed over 2 hours ago.

Go to bedroom, put on pajamas.
Fold and put away clothes.
Take Mr. Anaralia's clothes off chair, fold and put away.
Get into bed, read until I fall asleep 15 seconds later.

Loony BoB
03-29-2004, 04:31 PM
<LI>Brush teeth.
<LI>[censored]
<LI>Last check over things on the internet (you can't use my computer without being on my bed, so it's not much more than a turn of head).
<LI>Flick through my playlist so that the next 10-20 songs won't make my mind wake up (ie: no Macarena).
<LI>Fall asleep to music, either in bed or on the floor. =P

It's not really a routine, though. Sometimes certain parts don't happen, sometimes they're in a different order. That's just the average night, I guess.

Breine
03-29-2004, 06:53 PM
I first lay down on my bed... to warm it up and to watch TV. Then I go out and brush my teeth, take out my contacts, take a leak, check to see of all the windows/doors are closed, go to bed again, try to fall asleep, go out and take another leak, go to bed and then i fall asleep! :D

TasteyPies
03-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Q: Now, that we've gotten a general sense of everyone's sleeping patterns, what do you do to fall asleep?

A: (too much information)

Q: Do you shower right before bed? I always do. I enjoy that clean feeling as my head hits the pillow.

A: Nope always after but as a child i did

Q: Do you sometimes listen to music? Again, I usually do, but only if it's mellow music, since it helps to soothe me to sleep.

A: FF8 soundtrack or bach's Air on a G-string, heh G-string

Q: Other things I sometimes do before bed is exercise before showering to actually get myself tired, and then read a bit before going to bed.

What are some routines/rituals you do when preparing for bed?

A: (lol again too much information)

Giggles
03-30-2004, 04:45 AM
I usually:

1. update my livejournal a lot
2. brush my teeth/put in my retainers
3. change into my pajamas
4. turn on music
5. turn on my electric blanket and climb into bed
6. read
7. put my hair down
8. turn down my music
9. turn out the lights
10. put back on my socks
11. dance a spiritual dance, naked in the darkness of my room
12. just kidding about 10 and 11. OR SO YOU THINK.

Meat Puppet
03-30-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Thunder God Cid
Bathroom crap.
Get in boxers.
Lay in bed for a hour, watching TV.
Masterbate.
Sleep.

Calliope
03-30-2004, 08:13 AM
I'm glad I never went to ask Abby anything before I went to bed 0_o

I debate about music. Set alarm clock. Wonder.

Evelia
03-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Hmm. Shower, brush teeth, brush hair, watch Law & Order SVU or read until I get sleepy. I don't like listening to music when I'm trying to sleep, for some reason. I've been really sensitive to noise lately.