PDA

View Full Version : oversoul

Waylander
03-28-2004, 11:06 AM
every monster is to be found in via infinito except 2.
So it's possible to oversoul every single monster in via infinito, does this also count for the 5 bosses? I mean do you only have one chance to oversoul these or do they come back as random encounters in the deeper cloisters after you finished them off the first time? Does this count for Chac and PAragon, do these superbosses also come back or do you have to oversoul them the first time you fight them.

can anyone give me a list (if there is any) of monsters that can be oversouled and where you only have one chance to do so

thnx

Siwolae
03-28-2004, 10:29 PM
why don't you check at gamefaqs.com

SeeDRankLou
03-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Warning, small spoilers.

Ok, that's a really long list, you're asking a lot of people. Just know a few things:

1. Shinra's bestiary lists all the fiends you have fought, and if they are in red they have been oversouled. Not all fiends are oversoulable. There are 11 pages to this bestiary in total, only the first 8 have the fiends that are oversoulable.
2. In the Via Infinito, they types of monsters change every 3-4 levels as follows: 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-19, 20 (boss), ect. ect. All but two oversoulable fiends in the game can be in this dugeon.
3. All the bosses on every 20th level become random battles on level 81+. You never HAVE to fight a Mega Tonberry or an Elder Drake. At level 81+, Elder Drakes become random battles, but you can run from them.
4. Paragon can be fought as many times as you like on level infinity once you beat Trema.
5. There are no instances where you only have once chance to oversoul an enemy. If you think this is the case, then that enemy probably isn't oversoulable.

There are a few fiends that won't show up in the Via Infinito until you have fought them elsewhere, which are:

-King VERMIN! found in the secret Mi'ihen Road dungeon.
-Jumbo Cactuar found in the Cactuar Nation dungeon.
-Anything Eater found in the Chocobo Ranch dungeon.
-Azi Dahaka found in the area right before the Vegnagun battle.
(I think that's all.)

And there are two fiends that won't be in the Via Infinito that are in the Bevelle Underground, the part with the towers and rotating platforms. These are the Precepts Guard and the Georapella, both of which can be fought as many times as you like by touch the towers repeatedly.

aeris2001x2
04-02-2004, 05:31 PM
seedranklou i,m sure that has helped waylander and many others. thank you very much as i was worried i wouldnt be getting the end garment grid. not that i can use finale as i have escaped from battle but oh well.

but ohh i cant wait for lv 81+. i,m gonna die like EVERY round against elder drakes, mega tonberrys etc. is it possible 2 become hard enough 2 whip paragon, chac etc easily? or will they always be dangerous?

The One Winged Angel
04-02-2004, 06:44 PM
What is Finale and what does it do?

SeeDRankLou
04-02-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by aeris2001x2
not that i can use finale as i have escaped from battle but oh well.

What do you mean by that?

Originally posted by aeris2001x2
but ohh i cant wait for lv 81+. i,m gonna die like EVERY round against elder drakes, mega tonberrys etc. is it possible 2 become hard enough 2 whip paragon, chac etc easily? or will they always be dangerous?

At level 99 with the best accessories and GGs Chac can still easily kill you, Paragon more easily. Those battles are not about strength or level, they are about skill and preparation. An insanely high level or strength stat is not going to help all that much if you don't know what you are doing. Elder Drakes are not difficult at all. 3 Berserkers all with Evade & Counter, the battle is as good as your (no one seems to listen to me when I tell them that, I don't know why). Mega Tonberries are horrible, and I only suggest fighting one once when it is oversouled.

aeris2001x2
04-03-2004, 12:02 AM
thanks seedranklou, i,ll bear that in mind when i battle mega tonberrys. i avent had a chance 2 try out much stragedy though cause my dress spheres r only half done.

i can batter elder drakes with ease with the right preparation as u say but they r still really annoying. i have avoided the mega tonberrys this far but yeah, r mega tonberrys as hard as say, trema?

i thought if u escape from battle the move finale will not do 99,999 in a single hit?

Giga Guess
04-17-2004, 02:35 AM
No but it will still do substantial damage, or so I've heard.

Yes, Mega Tonberries are brutal. I've yet to beat one regular, let alone Oversouled. Umm.....any tips?