PDA

View Full Version : How should i beat the dark aeons ??

Rzewus
03-28-2004, 02:39 PM
no matter what ... they do the damage 9999 or 99999 ... if i start the battle ... Vallefors first attack .. is energy ray ... witch kills all at once ...i need to go trough the temples again :/ ... macalania ... besaid ... and ZANARKAND :| ... in all of these temples ... dark eaons are waiting on me :| HOW SHOULD I BEAT THE BAHAMUT if i cant handle Vallefor :| please ... HELP!! :|

Xander
03-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Hehe, those aeons are nasty.

This thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37542&highlight=dark+aeon) that I made myself when I first discovered them may help you.

This guide on the frontsite may also help you:

http://www.eyesonff.com/ff10/darkaeons.shtml

But for a start Break HP limit and Break Damage limits are pretty much essential. If you don't want to fight the aeons and just want to get to the temple you can "cheat" and use Yojimbo to Zanmato them.

Rzewus
03-28-2004, 04:01 PM
hehe :-) ive tryed to use zanmato :/ 280k of gill its all i got ... still wakizashi :-) ... thx for these helpful 2 things :-) ill look at them right away :]

hmm ... so ... where i can find Auto-phenix ... Auto-haste ?.... :/ i think 100 hours of play ... its a little bit few for this stadium

Xander
03-28-2004, 05:49 PM
We don't allow double posting, you can use the Edit/Delete button, I fixed it for you ;)

Anyway about Auto-Phoenix and Auto-Haste, I can't remember the items you need but one of the guides on this site is sure to have it somewhere, I'd look through it myself to find where but don't have time right now ^_^;;

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/27609.html

Rzewus
03-28-2004, 09:56 PM
ok :-) thx :-) and sorry about that posts ;-) didnt knew that ;] it will not happen again :D ....

Xander
03-28-2004, 10:12 PM
No worries! :D

Lord Xehanort
03-28-2004, 10:18 PM
I've never fought any Dark Aeons. (except in FFX-2) Although I've heard that Zanmato makes it easy. Some trick I heard was that if you give him exactly half of your Gil, he'll always use Zanmato. I never tried it.

Big D
03-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Zanmato's definitely the way to go with Dark Aeons, except for Dark Yojimbo who you must fight five times in a row. No-one's that lucky with Zanmato.

Zanmato comes up more easily if you're nice to Yojimbo. Never let him get defeated, always pay him plenty - basically, if he uses Daigoro or gets dismissed penniless, you've gone down in his ratings.
So, be nice to him, then, when fighting the Dark Aeons, do this:

Have a character in the party with 'Initiative' ability.
When the battle starts, switch that character with Yuna, whose Overdrive gauge must be filled; Grand Summon Yojimbo, and pay him heaps - I always used 77,777 Gil, and it resulted in Zanmato about one third of the time. If Zanmato fails, re-set and try again unless you're strong enough to win without it.

steveo
04-22-2004, 10:07 AM
ive been gettin my Wakka up alot lately and i had his celestial weapon and used attack reels against dark valefor and it totally beat him, i did the same with Shiva but bahamut is a different story, my attack reels only did like 30000 each hit so i guess ill have to get a new strategy

Pink Panther
05-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Cheaters!

Zanmato is the wussy way out! How can you enjoy a Bl***y good scrap if you pay someone to fight for you?
It can be done but only after some mecca levelling up. Your stats need to be in the 200+ region and damage/HP limits need to be broken, but not by a lot. I had 26000 HP at the time, well, on average!
Celestial weapons help, but dont go out of your way for auto haste, hastega works fine.

*However* Zanmato is based on a number of things, and the percentage of gil given is not the deciding factor, but it helps if its over 50%. The probability of him using Zanmato is based on his "motivation" and the gil given, also, your max HP is a factor. I used zanmato In my weaker moments (I reloaded after) and at 9999 HP, a fair rappor with yojimbo and 3000000 gil saw dark valefor off.

Hope this helps!

Seryn Kai
05-24-2004, 10:15 AM
I beat all the Dark Aeons except Yojimbo, Ifrit and Ixion. The rest I beat with Zanmato combined with the first attack auto-ability

Ultima Shadow
05-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Zanmato= Cheat. :D
But use it if you want... it's just that the reason i fougth (and defeated) all the dark aeons was that it was challanging. Why figth hard super bosses if it's not because you want a challange?

Well... complete the battle arena is good training if you want to slay the dark aeons in a fair way.

aeris2001x2
05-25-2004, 09:38 PM
lol your be laughing at yourself for being battered by dark valefor when u see some of the monsters from monster arena and dark ifrit,ixion and shiva.

your be laughing again at being battered by them when u fight nemesis.

your shiver with fear when u finally beat nemesis and get battered by dark bahamat, dark animaand dark yojimbo.

your being holding your hands up 4 divine help when u realise they were just warm up for the dark magus sisters.

and if i told u penenance made them all look like bite bugs?????? :D

Ultima Shadow
05-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Wow aeris2001x2, you relly know how to make it sound impossible. :D

chichi
06-27-2004, 09:03 AM
I beat a couple of the dark aeons with Yojimbo (Valefor and Bahamut) but then decided to raise my characters stats. I raised all their stats to the max, except for luck(couldn't be bothered fighting Earth Eater so many times) and made sure two of my characters had auto-phoenix attached-which helped a lot!
With Yojimbo, you have to fight him five separate times in the cave and you can't save between battles or it will be reset to the first encounter. He is pretty easy though if you have two characters with a ribbon and one, or better two people with auto-haste and Wakka has learned the attack reels plus 99999 damage.
Actually, a good way of getting all the equipment you need is to fight Yojimbo once and then save it. That way you fight him as many times as you need.
Also, I haven't seen anyone else write this but from memory you can fight the Magus Sisters separately. When you first encounter them, if you run away from them up Mushroom Rock Road and reach the lift at the end without them catching you, the fat one and the little one (can't remember which is which!) will get tired and stop persuing you, leaving you to only encounter the tall skinny one.

Alain
07-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Zanmato's definitely the way to go with Dark Aeons, except for Dark Yojimbo who you must fight five times in a row. No-one's that lucky with Zanmato.

Actually i am :).
i paid him 200k,300k,600k,700k and in last battle 1milion gil and it workt.

chichi
07-03-2004, 04:08 AM
If you have a good relationship with Yojimbo there shouldn't be any problem getting him to do zanmato.