PDA

View Full Version : Completing 100%...I think I missed something, help! =(

skatehippie
03-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Hey, um,

I've already played the game once and got a horrible percent haha but at least I beat it on my own and now I am replaying it with the guide handy and looking to get 100% in one shot...

Now, at the very beginning, seeing that moogle guy that heals you is listed as something to do to get %...and I missed that one little part. Does this mean I can't get 100% unless I start over and talk to that friggin guy? :mad2:

I hope not cuz that would be way too nit picky on Square's part if I can't make up for that stupid little percentage somewhere else in the game.

Kupo
03-28-2004, 10:18 PM
I'm (unfortunately) pretty sure that it affect your percentage, because in a later mission your will relive this event and there is a mention of it there. Sorry dude :(

Lord Xehanort
03-28-2004, 10:20 PM
Sadly, yes. If you don't talk to Yuna in her moogle suit, you won't get 100%.

Siwolae
03-28-2004, 10:23 PM
I've already played the game once

if you're on game+, and you already did that the first time around, you don't necessarily need to do it again to get 100%. what is your current %? if it's in the high 90s, just team with New Yevon and you should get 100%. The guide tells you how to get 100% but keep in mind that the game actually has 105%. ^_________^

skatehippie
03-29-2004, 02:35 AM
First of all, no I'm not on game+

And if there's 105%, then shouldn't I be able to make up for this tiny insignificant thing?

Let me explain in detail what I did/didn't do...

I DIDN'T talk to the moogle suit at the beginning while chasing Leblanc.

I DID do the flashback type mission where it shows what Yuna did while in her moogle costume...I handed out the balloons and everything.

After I finished the first Gagazet part, the first place I visited was Luca, where you're in a flashback of what Yuna did during the concert, and I finished this mission.

So, considering all this, and judging from other missions, I would say the part during the Leblanc chase must only count for what...0.4% ? The mission with the balloons and stuff is what would really matter in terms of percentage, so shouldn't I be all set considering there's still an extra 4% left give or take should I complete every remaining requirement?

eternalshiva
03-29-2004, 03:22 AM
cough* http://www.eyesonff.com/ff10-2/walkthru.shtml *

cough cough*

Did you do the entire Commsphere network... twice before the Thunderplains concert? I know it's worth like 5 or 6%.

Siwolae
03-29-2004, 05:59 AM
First of all, no I'm not on game+

then there's no way of getting 100% on the first game. ^^

And if there's 105%, then shouldn't I be able to make up for this tiny insignificant thing?

yes. :D

so shouldn't I be all set considering there's still an extra 4% left give or take should I complete every remaining requirement?

just do as much of hte missions as you can if you want to get 100% by your second game.

during my first game, i got about 98%. I skipped levels 40-101 in via infinito and I believe the chocobo dungeon mission. in my second game, i teamed with New Yevon and got 100% by the beginning of chapter 2.

yes, on your second game when you team with New Yevon instead of YOuth League

skatehippie
03-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Hmm, okay.

Haha thanks eternalshiva, I did indeed already check that walkthrough but I guess I just wanted to cause some ruckous in the forum lol jk. I guess this would be one of those things to put in the FAQ =)

Well, if I didn't nab 100% in this game then I'll be happy to do game+ cuz then I can join New Yevon and see more story stuff =)

Oh, and err by skipping dialogue does it mean during EVERYTHING or just those little dialogues between Yuna/Rikku/Paine and such. I didn't skip anything with Maechen, and so far I don't think skipping through regular dialogue has affected my %, and if it did it was very minuscule. And I never do the "skip scene" thing.

The One Winged Angel
03-29-2004, 02:03 PM
You're allowed to press 'X' to speed up dialogue, just not for Maechen oand you can't "skip scene"

Also, are you sure it isn't possible to get 100% in you first game? Or do you just mean if he missed the moogle?

skatehippie
03-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Yeah I am definitely feeling like I should challenge the importance of this little "moogle encounter". All I know is, I missed it (her) at the beginning, but after Mt Gagazet I had as much % done as I'm supposed to have, giving that I'm doing all the other events required to get the 100%.

I did the yuna flashback/balloon mission, and that gave me some % too.

At the moment, I just finished talking to Maechen the first time and brought Clasko aboard the Celsius...I watched crimson sphere 9 (report 1) and then talked to Clasko, and this is where I noticed my first shortage in %...

According to the guide(s) I should have 13%. In my save file it says I have 12%...

So at the moment I am behind by 1....or most likely half of one...percent.

SeeDRankLou
03-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by eternalshiva
cough* http://www.eyesonff.com/ff10-2/walkthru.shtml *cough cough*

*cough*no one's fixed it yet*cough*
*hides in closet* :love:

Originally posted by skatehippie
Well, if I didn't nab 100% in this game then I'll be happy to do game+ cuz then I can join New Yevon and see more story stuff =)

Oh, and err by skipping dialogue does it mean during EVERYTHING or just those little dialogues between Yuna/Rikku/Paine and such. I didn't skip anything with Maechen, and so far I don't think skipping through regular dialogue has affected my %, and if it did it was very minuscule. And I never do the "skip scene" thing.

You should play a new game+ anyway so that you can get the full effect of the game.

I just wouldn't recommend skipping dialogue in general. You can, except for some places that you can't, blah blah blah. Just don't do it and be safe it you are worried about percentage.

Octavious
04-14-2004, 06:30 PM
then there's no way of getting 100% on the first game. ^^

This is a false statement.

aeris2001x2
04-14-2004, 07:10 PM
yes 100% is possible on first play as long as u team up with youth league. you never need 2 team up with new yevon 4 100% since as many ppl have said there is more then 100% avaliable.

in many ways this ff is SO the MOST LINEAR, cause if u screw up in certain areas u cant get 100% on first play etc.

Cloudane
04-14-2004, 10:08 PM
*Allegedly* the only dialogue you shouldn't skip/speed up with X is Maechen's 10 minute waffling session (Guadosalam, I think it was?)

But to play it safe, I'd say never try to interrupt dialogue just in case.

And of course, you should never use the start-square trick to skip any scene.

eternalshiva
04-14-2004, 10:35 PM
*cough*no one's fixed it yet*cough*
*hides in closet* :love:

You should play a new game+ anyway so that you can get the full effect of the game.

I just wouldn't recommend skipping dialogue in general. You can, except for some places that you can't, blah blah blah. Just don't do it and be safe it you are worried about percentage.

Roogle says he did :love: *plots murder* :love:

If you skip the Meachen speech, you'll miss an important event in Chapter 5. Make sure you activate ALL major events cause, you can still get 100% BUT without the major event activated, you'll still get a low EVENT score, thus the sad ending. It happened to PyroStatik before I pointed out to him that it remembers the PERCENTAGE, not the events xD that get carried over!

And YES, you can do it in one sitting, it's just really long and annoying xD

SeeDRankLou
04-14-2004, 10:56 PM
Roogle says he did :love: *plots murder* :love:

Yes, he said he did, but he did not. Maybe he messed up and didn't realize it, or maybe he was just appeasing me. I don't know, I tried.

eternalshiva
04-15-2004, 03:37 AM
Well, if it doesn't look fixed soon, I'll but my nagging powers to use xD