PDA

View Full Version : Please help:)

faithfrombc
03-28-2004, 09:37 PM
I know that this is one that most of you have done but i am having the hardest time with chac on level 80 in the via. I have all my characters equipped as mascots at level 99 and everytime she turns me to stone. Any help would be really appreciated:)

Kupo
03-28-2004, 10:23 PM
Hmm... if you have ribbons and are willing to throw them in one of your accessory slots, that will keep you from turning to stone.
Is there a more creative solution I'm not thinking of? There has to be. Someone help me out. :p

:moggie:

Siwolae
03-28-2004, 10:25 PM
I heard Cat Nip is the best equipment you could use in beating those monsters at via infinito. With gunner, Yuna can hit 9999 with each hit. ^_____^

faithfrombc
03-29-2004, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the tips. with the mascot, they already have a ribbon as part of their abilities. Should i equip another one?

The gunner with cat nip does work but i am not alive long enough to make any real damage...... :( Any other ideas??

Kupo
03-29-2004, 12:57 AM
Hmmm... I'm not sure but is there any Garment Grid that can give you the Stoneproof ability? I wish I could help more! *bows to those with superior knowledge*:love:

Del Murder
03-29-2004, 02:35 AM
I took the Cat Nip approach as well. I made Yuna a Gunner and knocked her into critical so that she could do 13 9999s with Trigger Happy. I also made Paine and Rikku jobs with high HP like Dark Knight, Warrior and Berserker (Evade & Counter helps avoid damage) so that they could revive Yuna when she died. If Yuna's luck is high enemies will attack the other two and that would help her last longer. It's a very tough dungeon, but it's beatable with a little luck.

SeeDRankLou
03-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Del Murder
I took the Cat Nip approach as well. I made Yuna a Gunner and knocked her into critical so that she could do 13 9999s with Trigger Happy.

What's really cool is if you give the Cat Nip + Gunner girl Haste in some fashion she can get up to 20 9999s in one Trigger Happy if you can button mash fast enough.

The one thing to remember about Chac is that there is no way to avoid it's petrification, it will happen. It will break though Stoneproof, it will break through Ribbon, it will break through Super Ribbon, it will break through Ribbon + Stoneproof, it will....(you get the idea). The only thing you have control over is where Chac will point it's petrifiction. If you give one girl a Rabbit Foot, and put another on the Ray of Hope GG, Chac will usually petrifiy the third girl.

So here's my strategy:
Preparations:
Oversoul a Basilisk type fiend and run away from it.
Yuna: Ray of Hope GG, Gunner, Cat Nip, Speed Bracer (in critical HP, quick way: equip the Wring and Bloodlust at the same time, then unequip them).
Rikku: Chaos Maelstrom GG, Berserker, Crystal Bangle, Ragnarok.
Paine: Valiant Lustre GG, Alchemist, Rabbit Foot, Defense Bracer
Reorganize items so that Soft it first.

Ok, enter the battle. Chac will oversoul. Don't be scared, it's quite a bit easier when oversouled. It won't ever use Heaven's Catarac, so don't worry about that attack. Have Rikku and Paine do nothing. Rikku will probably soon be petrified if her Evade & Counter fails. Have Paine constantly ready to use a Soft on Rikku. Because of the Item Lv. 2, it will happen almost instantaneously, leaving Chac no time to shatter Rikku. Have Rikku ready to heal, if you feel lucky, let her cast Dark Sky or something. And when Yuna gets her turn, Trigger Happy likes it's going out of style. Battle mash and you can get about 20 9999s per turn. This is going to take some luck, because there's a chance Chac will hit Yuna, just not a good one. You are going to need 4 or 5 Trigger Happy's, so if you can stay alive that long you will win. Yay for you!!

faithfrombc
03-31-2004, 12:49 AM
Thank you sooo much. I will try that tonight...... You people are wonderful:). I'll let you know how it works:)