PDA

View Full Version : What the video game industry should do.

Agent Proto
03-29-2004, 05:10 AM
Remakes of old classics.

Well, they should do that with graphics and make them harder or something.

I think it'll work. Either that, or make more sequels to forgotten great games. *shrugs*

Anyway, what do you think the industry should do?

Del Murder
03-29-2004, 06:21 AM
They should remake Mappy Land.

Xander
03-29-2004, 01:31 PM
I don't think they should remake them necessarily, or make sequels (like Toejam and Earl 3 :( )

What I think they should do, or what I'd like them to do anyway, is to bring out some sort of Playstation game collection of loads of old games from various platforms. Particularly the old Sonic games. And they'd be pretty much the same except for you'd be able to save your progress, meaning you wouldn't have to sit down and play Sonic 2 in one go :p

And they should bring out all the old Amiga and C64 games for Playstation too. *nod*

Erdrick Holmes
03-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Bring back 2D fighting games, the only fighting game that should remain 3D is Soul Calibor. Also they need to have RPG games with random battle sequences (Your running in a field an a bad guy would leap out of nowhere and try to kill you) and make the fighting format like a fighting game, and as you play you can unlock button sequences to perform new moves, if they made a game like that I'd buy it.

DocFrance
03-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Joel
...make the fighting format like a fighting game, and as you play you can unlock button sequences to perform new moves, if they made a game like that I'd buy it. You mean like Xenogears?

Erdrick Holmes
03-29-2004, 01:59 PM
No,no,no. I'm talking like the fighting sequences would be like Street Fighter, no turn based stuff, no ATB stuff either.

Flying Mullet
03-29-2004, 02:55 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&e=2&u=/nm/biztech_games_dc

Apparently they need to do something quick.

Bring back 2D fighting games, the only fighting game that should remain 3D is Soul Calibor. Also they need to have RPG games with random battle sequences (Your running in a field an a bad guy would leap out of nowhere and try to kill you) and make the fighting format like a fighting game, and as you play you can unlock button sequences to perform new moves, if they made a game like that I'd buy it.
So a cross between Zelda and Xenogears?

DocFrance
03-29-2004, 04:01 PM
I think the gaming industry should stop making sequals and expansion packs, or remaking old "classics," and start making something that's actually original for once. I don't want to play the same game with a different title over and over again.

Endless
03-29-2004, 06:25 PM

That's the Tales Of... series you're talking about: Tales of Destiny and Tales of Destiny 2 (aka Tales of Eternia) on PS; Tales of Destiny 2 (which isn't the same as the one on PS, go ask Namco about stupid naming) on PS2.

edczxcvbnm
03-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Agent Proto
Remakes of old classics.

Well, they should do that with graphics and make them harder or something.

I think it'll work. Either that, or make more sequels to forgotten great games. *shrugs*

Anyway, what do you think the industry should do?

Isn't that what they are doing?

Metroid Prime, Ninja Gaiden are sequels

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Resident Evil(gamecube) are remakes. Also Lunar Silver Star.

I own all those games and I like a new sequel to all the old ass games but I would prefer some more original stuff that DOESN'T SUCK!

The whole concept of project .hack is something that really appealed to me. I would love to see more grand projects like that.

Agent Proto
03-29-2004, 07:22 PM
True, but they need to make more and more if they want to make some mondo cash, as gamers are known to buy games they recognize rather than probably try something new, unless the original game is proven to be good stuff.

Erdrick Holmes
03-29-2004, 09:53 PM
They also need to quit makins Superhero based games, most of those suck ass. Aquaman blew in seven different colours, the only good superhero game that was good was Spiderman.

BatChao
04-08-2004, 09:29 AM
Batman: Vengeance and Rise of Sin Tsu weren't too bad either.

As for what the gaming industry should do... I say just keep making games fun. I could care less if the game is original, a remake, or a sequel. If it's fun, I'll play it. Of course, reinventing genres is always good. Splinter Cell's new multiplayer, for example, is awesome.

Maxico
04-08-2004, 12:18 PM
they are doing that. They've remade space invaders (twice on ps2), contra, gradius. And the thing that relates all of these games the most is that they sold about 3 copys. We live in a world where the majority of gamers first console was their ps1, they send letters into magazines commenting on how its good that they made a game based on that sonic cartoon. And if anything before the sega saturn is metioned they give you a blank look and walk off. So the companys see this and if they have a choice between making the next spyro or crash bandicoot or remaking a classic retro game who's major fanbase works in an office from 9 till 8 what are they going to choose.

Erdrick Holmes
04-08-2004, 01:29 PM
They also need to get Doom 3 released!

Sephex
04-08-2004, 10:14 PM
The game industry needs to take time making games instead of rushing so much crap out the door. That is all.

Peegee
04-10-2004, 03:15 AM
Is it too much to ask to have 3DSM rendered perfection a la Blizzard Entertainment, except it is in-game graphics? I mean, if the 3DSM stuff is already rendered, they can rotate angles and do anything. It seems to be a plausible thing to do, except that it will require a lot of computer power. Though with the 64 bit processors that should be no problem :)