Project G
03-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Do cartoons actually rot your brain????

DocFrance
03-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Yed, theu dp.

fire_of_avalon
03-29-2004, 02:50 PM
I'm afriad you'll need to be much much more specific.

Logan
03-29-2004, 02:54 PM
No. Cartoons are good.

m4tt
03-29-2004, 04:04 PM
Maybe YOUR brain, but not mine.

Flying Mullet
03-29-2004, 04:11 PM
Hell no. Cartoons are a great way to unwind at the end of the day. And if anything they help you with your imagination.

The Captain
03-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Certain cartoons are also a vital source of social commentary, such as the best Simpsons, South Park, Futurama, and Family Guy episodes. They poke fun at humanity, while also attempting to get some point across.

Take care all.

TasteyPies
03-29-2004, 08:38 PM
If you grow up watching cartoons ALOT you find your speach actions and general logic very cartoon like

fire_of_avalon
03-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by TasteyPies
If you grow up watching cartoons ALOT you find your speach actions and general logic very cartoon like
I disagree. I watch alot of cartoons and my speech, actions and general logic are just fine.

Flying Mullet
03-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Agreed. I've never assumed that if I walked off of a cliff and didn't look down that I'd keep walking on air.

TasteyPies
03-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by fire_of_avalon
I disagree. I watch alot of cartoons and my speech, actions and general logic are just fine.

I didnt say it was a bad thing but what you see and hear, if you think its funny you normaly want to duplicate it.

Originally posted by Mr. Mimic
Agreed. I've never assumed that if I walked off of a cliff and didn't look down that I'd keep walking on air.

Thats a bit extreme :eep:

what im saying is, you would want to duplicate it in your subconscience, or your mind yould think that is cool and you might want to do that, not saying your actualy going to try it

I know i watch WAY too many cartoons i myself think i may have benifited from it more though

You can quote twice in one post, if you look at the code that it puts in and change it to the other person's name and quote ^_^ ~ Xander

Del Murder
03-29-2004, 10:22 PM
No, they rot your brain.

Kirobaito
03-29-2004, 11:05 PM
It's quite easy to tell from looking at me that they rot your brain. Hell, just look at my avatar and sig...I'm obsessed with this cartoon...and I have about 6 different MORE Transformers sigs waiting to be released.

gokufusionss1
03-29-2004, 11:05 PM
[insert witty and humourous response Tinged with sarcasm]

oh *snip* everybody else allready did that

Yamaneko
03-29-2004, 11:09 PM
No, anime does.

escobert
03-29-2004, 11:43 PM
Cartoons are good. My dad watches cratoons every saturday morning.

Kossage
03-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Cartoons are great. I've had a good time watching them and they definitely haven't rotten my brain as far as I can tell. :)

Giggles
03-30-2004, 04:52 AM
I think books rot your brain.

Thunday Man
03-30-2004, 05:18 AM
The news rots your brain more than cartoons I'd say. All the show is bad things happening. If all they showed was good humanity, no one would watch. The profit off peoples misery and people want to see it. They are desensitized by all this. Cartoons are a little extreme. Droping an anvil on some one and having them killed is a little different than gang violence where 5 gang members die and 2 innocent bystanders get shot portrayed by the news.

I don't know what im trying to say in the post. Really, was more of a rant more than anything. I'm stupid. Must be from all that cartoons I watched as a kid?

Man this was a bad post. =(

Meat Puppet
03-30-2004, 07:24 AM
Depends how flashy the cartoon is.
Like those Japanese ones with big flashy robots that give children epilepsy.

Calliope
03-30-2004, 08:00 AM
I assume that you asked that because you have no soul.

The Nique
03-30-2004, 08:20 AM
Media in general rots your mind, but not in the "sitting to close to the TV screen will give you brain cancer" kind of way... I think media just makes you jaded to life. You can expirience everything vicariously by watching other do it on TV, in movies, in video games, even in the news.

I'm not saying there's no place for it (media) but it has certainly dominated the western culture. We are all jaded to expirience, knowledge, and eveything else. There is nothing new, or at least nothing new that is worth learning, if it can't be watched or played. And I'm talking about deep stuff... not superficialalities...

Blah.

Misfit
03-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Nooooo! I've watched cartoons for a long time and look at me! *normal* :D!

TasteyPies
03-30-2004, 01:08 PM
Old people rot your brains so they can eat them with their prune snacks.

Evelia
03-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Television rots your mind, but I think that programs like "Spring Break: How to be a Playa" are a lot worse for you than cartoons. =D

Todie
03-30-2004, 04:25 PM
The old classic cartoons like Tom and Jerry, Looney Toons and Popeye are great! (coming from the nutty music major) They introduce music to children. How many times have you heard something like the 'Barber of Seville' and been like, "Wow, that's from Bugs Bunny!" or some of the music that they use in Tom and Jerry. I can't tell you how many times I've watched those now and realized what that music really was! Plus, there are a bunch of great Looney Tunes that have to do with opera like "Whats Opera, Doc?" Or the episode where Bugs Bunny gets into a bull fight.
Also, I'm a huge Scooby Doo fan. It's kinda fun to try and figure out who the bad guy is.
Anyhoo, I don't think those really rot your brain. Heck, my kids will be watching those. My Dad and I still watch them all the time! :p

Ichy
03-30-2004, 05:18 PM
Music Television rots your brain.

Cartoons, tempered by common sense and the wisdom of a fair parental environment at a young age, will simply encourage a healthy lust for life and a creative imagination.

Lord Xehanort
03-31-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Misfit
Nooooo! I've watched cartoons for a long time and look at me! *normal* :D!

*flabbergasted, wide-eyed stare* Riiight.

Nothing rots your brain other than decomposing of the body after death.