PDA

View Full Version : CD-RW

blue_midget192
03-29-2004, 04:51 PM
i'v just had a new cd-rw (sony) put in cus the other one went crappy, but now the program i was using (InCD) which lets u use a CR-RW like a floppy disk, so u can drag and drop file onto a cd wenever u like-wont work :( it just comes up with an ! ontop of the icon that appears on the system tray, and the program wont work :( y not, can it be fixed, and if notwhere can i get another such program for free?

crono_logical
03-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Trying uninstalling/reinstalling InCD :p

blue_midget192
03-29-2004, 05:25 PM
yup yup, don that about 6 times now :)

crono_logical
03-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Then play around with settings in the software? Perhaps it doesn't work with that new model CDRW drive you just got. Not that it's a bad thing anyway, I think using a CDRW like a huge floppy drive is silly, much more compatible to burn the disc as a normal CD instead :p

blue_midget192
03-29-2004, 06:49 PM
cant get into the software :( and using it like a floppy is very useful for back up perposes :)

crono_logical
03-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Not very useful when you can't use the CD like that now though because the drive doesn't like it, is it? Now how do you get the backed up data off it? :p This is why it's best to stick to standard methods and not dodgy proprietary ways that needs a specific software and hardware combination to work :p

Anyway, if you can't get into the software either, you've clearly broken it. Only other place I can think of you might want to check is the properties of the CD drive itself in Explorer, since I think InCD adds it's own tab there too.

Shoeberto
03-29-2004, 08:29 PM
If you run Win98, go to My Computer>Control Panel>System>Device Manager, find your CDRW drive, right-click and hit Properties. Somewhere in there is a checkbox for Auto-insert Notification. You'll want to make sure that's turned on for it. I know that's the problem my dad's computer had. However, if you're going to use a normal CD burning program like Nero, you'll have to turn it off, or so at least the program says.

If you're running anything other than 98, someone else will have to figure out how to find Auto-insert Notification. I'm running XP Pro and can't seem to find a way to modify it.

blue_midget192
03-29-2004, 08:31 PM
haha, i have been able to get the data off it :) mwhahaha, and in conclusion it is very useful. i just need another such program, in order to re do sed disk cus the window xp way of doing it is crap

Endless
03-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Get Nero/Diskjuggler/Alcohol120% and burn a normal CD. It's just as fast as using an inCD like, and you necessarily get more space on your CD-RW (since inCD takes space to write the table of contents and stuff so you can use it as oyu'd use a floppy).

Otherwise try asking about your problem <a href="http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26">here</a> aswell.