PDA

View Full Version : Black and White Mage

Flying Mullet
03-29-2004, 07:51 PM
If a black mage and a white mage had a baby, would it be a gray mage?

TasteyPies
03-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Naw cause that hot babe white mage would rather perfer fighter, which makes a knight

But White+black=red aparently (red mage)

Realy the question your asking is.. if an apple pie (WM) and plum pie (BM) mated, would the pie be halfway inbetween apple and plum? naw it would have a little of each and be a Aplum pie (RM)

And it would be verry tastey.

SeeDRankLou
03-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Technically, if the cross genetics worked correctly it would be a red mage. It depends though on which trait it recessive in this case, or if they are both recessive which is more recessive. And then it would depend on which gene the child got, and if the gene was a boy or a girl (given that mages work on the same XY chromosome pattern than other organisms do). The child mage might be black, it might be white, or it might be gray. However, the black and whiteness of mages might not be a color, it might be a trait which has a side effect of having a color, and that if these traits were to combine it would cause a color not on a gray scale (like red).

TasteyPies
03-29-2004, 08:13 PM
now that i tihnk of it mage is a job/profession So if a black and white mage got together they would make a baby who may become a thief if he/she wants to

Del Murder
03-29-2004, 10:16 PM
It would be a black mage because black is the dominat trait, unless for some reason the black mage carries a recessive white gene.

Xander
03-29-2004, 10:20 PM
It would be a purple mage. =)

Erdrick Holmes
03-29-2004, 10:54 PM
Red mage :p

escobert
03-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Red mages are the best. So a red would be it.

Flying Mullet
03-29-2004, 10:57 PM
Hmmm, would a red and blue mage's kid be a purple mage?

Yamaneko
03-29-2004, 11:08 PM
We don't know what black mages look like, so we can't really say.

DocFrance
03-29-2004, 11:12 PM
I thought all black mages were sterile and had incredibly short life spans.

Logan
03-30-2004, 12:58 AM
It'd be a black and white mage, like a cow. >(

Mr. Graves
03-30-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Joel
Red mage :p

Agent Proto
03-30-2004, 02:18 AM
It'll be a baby. The baby will choose which class it want to be when it grows up.

Thunday Man
03-30-2004, 02:35 AM
I'm not sure what the baby would be, but I'd want to hit it, or atleast shake it.

Probally just a freak.

TasteyPies
03-30-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Agent Proto
It'll be a baby. The baby will choose which class it want to be when it grows up.

finaly someone agrees with me

Nait
03-30-2004, 02:08 PM
It could be an ordinary human.

Misfit
03-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Agent Proto
That's using your head!

Actually, I agree with Winged Sorceress. MOO MAGE! xD

Flying Mullet
03-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Bah, you people are no fun! :p

Where's your imagination?

Nait
03-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Ok, we'll say that Black Mages and White Mages are actually two separate species that do not normally breed with eachother but are not infertile. The child will be a CHIMERA - it will have the head of a goat, the body of a lion and the mane of a tiger, while casting at the same time Red Magic. Also, like ligers or was it tions, it will grow to a huge size that it wouldn't be able to support in the wild - therefore, it'll have to attach itself to a magical academy like a parasite.

The child will be a university Professor who wears red robes and walks on all four. And who can kill you with his tail.

Flying Mullet
03-30-2004, 03:21 PM
That was much better.

Thank you. :)

Psychotic
03-30-2004, 06:28 PM
It'll be a chinchilla. Not a mage. A freakin' chinchilla.

Stayin Dizzy
03-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Foolishness. Black and white mages aren't born black and white mages. The class of "mage" just defines that they can perform magic. Black and White magic is the chosen trade of the mage, one dark, one light, just as yin and yang. But looking at the mage itself, they can also go on to be wizards/sages with the ability to perform white and black magic. Theoretically humans can be taught magic as well without being born with the ability (as we've seen in many final fantasies, and good ole harry potter). So I suppose if the two breeding wizards in question were pureblood wizards and were to bear a child, the child would without a doubt be born with the ability to perfom magic, but as to what magic he would study is up in the air and would be left to him/her. That is if they wanted to study magic. Maybe they would want to be a vaccum cleaner salesman.

Nait
03-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Sez who?

TasteyPies
03-30-2004, 08:03 PM
Daryn, Agent Proto, and TasteyPies

Flying Mullet
03-30-2004, 08:04 PM
Phshaw, semantic nonsense!

blue_midget192
03-30-2004, 08:26 PM
aha i have it, if the baby is male it would be a Red Mage, if it is female it would be a Blue Mage. reasoning red mage in FF1=male, blue mage (Quistis) FF8=Blue Mage :) there :)

Flying Mullet
03-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Hmm, good point.

And apparently I need to clairfy how all of this works to a few poor souls *cough*Daryn, Agent Proto, and TasteyPies*cough*

You see, black and white mages live in a totalitarian society where they cannot choose their jobs because they are predetermined. That and the fact that a black mage is born black, a white mage is born white, a red mage is born red, a blue mage is born blue, etc.. reinforces this pre-chosen job society.

Therefore it is proven beyond a resonable doubt that mages cannot choose their professions and must take whichever profession they are born with and is forced upon them by the totalitarian society in which they live and never even dare disobey or even think about disobeying it because they like thier profession that they are born with too much . <b>*wins*</b>

Now, with all of this foolishness laid to rest, we are back to our starting question:
What color would a black and white mage's baby be, and more importantly, what color would a blue and red mage's baby be?

Shlup
03-31-2004, 08:07 AM
I'm reading a book about that, actually. I'm not quite that far though. I'll let you know.

Misfit
03-31-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Psychotic
It'll be a chinchilla. Not a mage. A freakin' chinchilla.
A Chinmoo Mage?

CHINMOO MAGE!

..."chinmoo" xD

Flying Mullet
03-31-2004, 01:53 PM
Chinmoo, I choose you!

Nait
03-31-2004, 02:20 PM
No, that doesn't rhyme proper. You need one more syllable... Chinchinmoo, I choose you, kick those arses, these ones too?

Misfit
03-31-2004, 03:03 PM
Chinmooroo!

Psychotic
03-31-2004, 06:40 PM
Chinmooroo? An unholy anagalamation of Chinmoo and Roogle!

My god that would PWN someone in battle.

Ifrit's Bodyguard
03-31-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Mimic
You see, black and white mages live in a totalitarian society where they cannot choose their jobs because they are predetermined. That and the fact that a black mage is born black, a white mage is born white, a red mage is born red, a blue mage is born blue, etc.. reinforces this pre-chosen job society.

Therefore it is proven beyond a resonable doubt that mages cannot choose their professions and must take whichever profession they are born with and is forced upon them by the totalitarian society in which they live and never even dare disobey or even think about disobeying it because they like thier profession that they are born with too much . <b>*wins*</b>

Under that circumstance, wouldn't the white and black mage's that wanted a child team up with a warrior, thief, blue and red mage and some other random job classed people to go on a ridiculous adventure culminating in them overpowering said totalitarian society and the secret magic driving force behind such society leading the people into a time of peace and freedom to choose their own job class (and incidentally learn a few of life's lessons and come out better people in the process?)

Flying Mullet
03-31-2004, 08:19 PM
NO, because: <i>"never ... or think about disobeying it because they like thier profession that they are born with too much"</i>

They don't want to change their job nor get rid of the totolitairan government because they like it too much. And yeah, a white mage could have a child with a different class if they wanted to, but whever that child is born as, whether it be a full white mage or other, that child will not want to change their class or be anything else because they love what they are.

See, in their society everyone is happy letting fate determine what they will become and who they are, and they don't want to change the "system" because they love it so much.

And life goes on.

Ifrit's Bodyguard
03-31-2004, 08:25 PM
....Untill they find out some random piece of information concerning that system that turns their world upside-down.....

Flying Mullet
03-31-2004, 08:28 PM
Nope, they wouldn't care. They don't, nor ever will, have the slightest urge to change their system. They like it too much.

Ifrit's Bodyguard
03-31-2004, 08:40 PM
They're far too content to have kids!

Flying Mullet
03-31-2004, 08:42 PM
If a black and white mage's kid would be nothing then that means that a black and white mage's kid would be Squall!

Stayin Dizzy
03-31-2004, 08:44 PM
almost every study of magic, every study of the Magi, every FF with the exception of 1 and 9 (and I havent beat 2), and every story has shown that a mage chooses their profession. One can be born with magical abilities but magic is studied, and learned, and one must choose the side of good or evil.

Flying Mullet
03-31-2004, 08:56 PM
Nope, not in this world. Sorry.