PDA

View Full Version : Make Yourself

Strider
03-29-2004, 09:01 PM
This question is most pertinent to sports games, but if there's anything I'm not thinking of, go ahead and mention it.

Most sports games nowadays come with the option to create your own players. Sweet. I just wanted to know: how many people fashion athletes after themselves? Do you tend to make yourself superhuman with talents and stuff, or do you keep yourself level with the rest of the playing field? Is there anything specific you like to do?

Del Murder
03-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Heck no, I'm weak. It's more fun to make classic players and superheros.

Flying Mullet
03-29-2004, 09:52 PM
If I ever use myself as the basis of a character/player I always make myself silly and out of proportion, basically to the extremes . For instance I would build a baseball player that has enough strength to crush a ball 2 miles, but so little speed that it will take 5 minuts to make it to first base.

The Nique
04-02-2004, 06:57 AM
I always make a team of unstoppables that look exactly (or as close as I can get) like me and my friends...

...at least I did when I cared about sports games.

I want create a player systems incorperated into RPGs more, personally... but not the FFXI style crap. I mean full-blown-tony hawk-except-better style customizing.

BatChao
04-02-2004, 10:41 AM
Heh. Yea! I used to make look-alikes of me and my friends too and make them a team. I'd make their stats equivalent to good players in the game, but take real life stuff into account too. Like my big friend, I'd make him slow, but a lot of blocking power or something. For me, I'd make myself quick, good at shooting, but low on stamina. Stuff like that.

Peegee
04-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Making your own stat-induced character is boring if you make them superhuman. It's the same as using cheats. Now if you can make the game variables change as well as your character, then something interesting will happen. For example, playing football with super strong characters that knock you back a hundred yards just by touching you. Conversely you move so fast you can't even control it properly with your crappy excuses of reflexes <3

Spuuky
04-07-2004, 08:04 AM
I make myself as realistically as possible.

This applies more to pen and paper RPGs than to sports games, by the way.