PDA

View Full Version : Things I've discovered regarding 100% Completion...

skatehippie
03-30-2004, 06:18 PM
If you read my other thread, you know that I was a little worries about not getting 100% in one play-through because I missed talking to the moogle/Yuna at the beginning of the game.

Going by the official guide and the unnoficial ones located on the web (and this site), I am NOT behind in story % like I thought I would be.

According to the guides, doing what I've done in the order I did them should bring me to an even 19%. Some thought I would have to do game+ (not like I'd mind) in order to make up for that tiny messup.

But, after just signing up for the publicity campaign, I checked my save file and I have 19% story completion...so it IS still possible for me to get it in one play-through! Providing I give the Awesome Sphere to the Youth League, of course...

Any thoughts on this? I guess my point is that the events needed for % are not as strictly governed in the game as some people think.

SeeDRankLou
03-30-2004, 06:50 PM
The percentage system in this game is kind of weird. There are some things that you need to do that don't count for percentages themselves but make certain other events give you more percentage. And it should be noted that when your game says that you have 19%, you can have between 19.0 and 19.8% and it will still say that you have 19% (everything that might count as a percentage in this game is given in increments of 0.2%). So if you have 19%, that doesn't mean that you might have 18.8 rounded to 19 (not saying you think this, just saying).

There are several ways to get 100% in this game. But to get 100% in one game, as far as I know (and I've looked into it), there is only one way to do it, and talking to the moogle in Luca in the very beginning is part of it. Maybe you have done something that you forgot you did which is why you have more percentage than you are suppose to. Or, have you gone to Luca in Ch 1 yet? Because that's where the percentage mess up is going to occur.

Siwolae
03-30-2004, 11:30 PM
umm yeah, exactly what SeedRankLou just said. ^^